LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Happy with your LS460?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-07, 03:33 PM
gsrmin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like my Abraham
I didn't know people had this much problems with their car
-_-
maybe I am not that sensitive?
lol
just have fun with your car! don't try to examine it in every aspect!
Old 10-16-07, 04:44 PM
Stoks
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, enjoy the car.

This wind noise issue problem has now reached legendary status. I swear, as bad as some of the posters are saying the wind noise problem is, you'd think Lexus would be forced to include ear plugs to save the hearing of the driver.

I have the SWB version of the LS460, and my car is absolutely dead quiet. All the way up to 90 mph. I've had it for 4 months now and it's by far the best vehicle I've ever owned, and the quietest.

I really wish I could ride in one of the cars of posters on here who are complaining about wind noise. I find it hard to believe that it could be a "design" problem when my car has the same design as theirs, but is dead quiet. Please, someone explain that to me.

Maybe there is actually something going wrong on the assembly line and some owner's cars are getting screwed up in the manufacturing process. I don't know. Seems that Lexus could rectify that problem though.
Old 10-18-07, 04:08 PM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This has been a great thread. Illuminating for some and disturbing for others. I was considering an ungrade to my 2005 LS430 to an LS460. I test drove the car extensively and was totally UNimpressed. I preferred my LS430 for the reasons enumerated in this thread. Then I had my one and only warrantly claim with Sewell Lexus of Ft. Worth (an $1800 item) that was denied and ignored despite proof that installation error caused the failure and was no fault of the owner. The item should have been covered under the Lexus New Car Warranty. Lexus Corporate has not even responded or answered my 3 letters regarding this complaint and the total lack of honestly and support from my dealer has soured me on Lexus entirely. There are valid reasons Lexus and Toyota are declining in Customer Satisfaction Polls. For those of you that are happy with your LS460's, I am very happy for you. For those of you who felt you made a serious mistake in buying one, I feel for you. Unless Lexus changes their engineering, quality control and customer support, I think they have lost me and many others as customers.
Old 10-18-07, 04:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

instead of writing letters, why not try calling?
Old 10-18-07, 07:24 PM
ghmundt
Driver

STOKS, come to Chicago and I would be happy to let you drive an LS460 with a really bad wind noise problem. As an owner of 5 Lexus and countless other high end cars over the last few years, I can tell you the noise is unacceptable in a the top of the line Lexus.
Old 10-18-07, 10:45 PM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
This has been a great thread. Illuminating for some and disturbing for others. I was considering an ungrade to my 2005 LS430 to an LS460. I test drove the car extensively and was totally UNimpressed. I preferred my LS430 for the reasons enumerated in this thread. Then I had my one and only warrantly claim with Sewell Lexus of Ft. Worth (an $1800 item) that was denied and ignored despite proof that installation error caused the failure and was no fault of the owner. The item should have been covered under the Lexus New Car Warranty. Lexus Corporate has not even responded or answered my 3 letters regarding this complaint and the total lack of honestly and support from my dealer has soured me on Lexus entirely. There are valid reasons Lexus and Toyota are declining in Customer Satisfaction Polls. For those of you that are happy with your LS460's, I am very happy for you. For those of you who felt you made a serious mistake in buying one, I feel for you. Unless Lexus changes their engineering, quality control and customer support, I think they have lost me and many others as customers.
Massachusetts has a consumer protection law called Chapter 93A. It allows a consumer to sue for triple damages. A claim like yours for $1800 will get you $5400 in Small Claims Court. I know other states have similar laws. Check into it for your state. That would be an avenue well worth pursuing.
Old 10-19-07, 01:55 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Lost in all this is that amazing feat of engineering, the 460's wondrous drivetrain. That silky smooth engine, coupled to that syrupy sweet 8-speed transmission is enough to make an engineer like me go misty eyed. It feels so rock solid, so responsive like it could last a hundred years. Guess Lexus spent all its time in this department fearing the worst should it have failed as miserably as the wind noise has. Can you imagine the "thread noise" we'd be getting over that one?

Sorry, I couldn't help but mention it.
Old 10-19-07, 06:46 AM
GS430X6
Pole Position

Page 15 in the 2008 LS brochure....which by the way I just thew in the trash...

one of the "quietest" cabins in the world!!! Maybe their definition of the word is not the same in Japan?

I'm so mad I could spit, I've been a Lexus owner since the first day they were released and cringe at the thought of buying a BMW. Not only does the LS460 "not" have the quietest cabin but one of the loudest. Darn you Lexus, you really took the "wind" from out of my sails.
Old 10-19-07, 09:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GS430X6
Page 15 in the 2008 LS brochure....which by the way I just thew in the trash...

one of the "quietest" cabins in the world!!! Maybe their definition of the word is not the same in Japan?

I'm so mad I could spit, I've been a Lexus owner since the first day they were released and cringe at the thought of buying a BMW. Not only does the LS460 "not" have the quietest cabin but one of the loudest. Darn you Lexus, you really took the "wind" from out of my sails.
lol, you mean your car? on several testing at 70mph the ls460 is indeed one of the quiestest. i think the s550 is about the same
Old 10-19-07, 09:58 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, you mean your car? on several testing at 70mph the ls460 is indeed one of the quiestest. i think the s550 is about the same
Could you be more specific? I've never seen these tests. I'd like to read them. Perhaps you could post a link to them??
Old 10-19-07, 10:53 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cabin noise test data for the LS 460 and other vehicles:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=246350&page=2
Old 10-20-07, 02:03 AM
bartale
Driver School Candidate

I picked up my new 08 swb 460 one week ago. I have found it to be an incredible car so far. After putting about 550 miles on it at speeds up to 80mph I have noticed no issue with wind noise. I find the cabin to be extremely quiet.

Few of my favorite things:
- Brake Hold - I love not having to keep my foot on the brake at lights
- ML audio - incredible sound. I thought my old GS ML system was good but this is far superior.
- XM traffic - I live in the Seattle area and it works extremely well. I find that it is quite accurate. I will be subscribing to this service for sure.

So to the original question: I am very happy with my LS460.

Bart
Old 10-20-07, 02:11 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bartale
I picked up my new 08 swb 460 one week ago. I have found it to be an incredible car so far. After putting about 550 miles on it at speeds up to 80mph I have noticed no issue with wind noise. I find the cabin to be extremely quiet.

Few of my favorite things:
- Brake Hold - I love not having to keep my foot on the brake at lights
- ML audio - incredible sound. I thought my old GS ML system was good but this is far superior.
- XM traffic - I live in the Seattle area and it works extremely well. I find that it is quite accurate. I will be subscribing to this service for sure.

So to the original question: I am very happy with my LS460.

Bart
Welcome to CL and thx for your impressions! Glad you are enjoying your new LS.

Last edited by encore888; 10-20-07 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-20-07, 10:39 AM
Duonguyen
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=bartale;2998231]I picked up my new 08 swb 460 one week ago. I have found it to be an incredible car so far. After putting about 550 miles on it at speeds up to 80mph I have noticed no issue with wind noise. I find the cabin to be extremely quiet.
Maybe you should not reading any post concerning wind noise,it will make you looking for noise when driving,like me.I still not sure if my car has "normal noise" or wind noise though.
Old 10-20-07, 01:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

[QUOTE=Duonguyen;2998628]
Originally Posted by bartale
Maybe you should not reading any post concerning wind noise,it will make you looking for noise when driving,like me.I still not sure if my car has "normal noise" or wind noise though.
lol, maybe there should be a ls460 meet where all owners get together and "experience" yay/nay on the wind noise

Quick Reply: Happy with your LS460?