LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

saw my black opal in person today

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-07 | 07:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Default saw my black opal in person today

so today i went to lexus of glendale and i saw a 115k msrp ls600hl. it has the rear entertainment with 5 seatings, so nice, this would be a perfect combo for me (except the price).

black opal is pretty nice in person i have to admit. it's VERY VERY dark, in almost all angles it's black, only under the bright sun and from an angle you see the purple.

i have to say though, me and my wife still prefers the obsidian much better than the black opal oh and it has black interior

btw, seems like the car has been at the dealership for a short while. if anything, i don't think it was there much later than the one at south bay
Old 10-06-07 | 07:52 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Mmmm, sounds nice. Black Opal with black interior, interesting. Might be a bit too dark for my tastes though.

5-seat + RSES is great...I guess the DVD player is still behind the center seat?
Old 10-06-07 | 07:59 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by enigma888
Mmmm, sounds nice. Black Opal with black interior, interesting. Might be a bit too dark for my tastes though.
Can't be darker than black-on-black

I've seen Black Sapphire with black interior & it's very nice too, should be similar to Black Opal on Black.

If I were to go with the 600hL, Black Opal would be a no-brainer pick for me, with either Alabaster or Cashmere interior.
Old 10-06-07 | 08:43 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Default OK, that's it; I'm on my way to Orange County.

That is, how should I say, "One hell of a lot cheaper than the Canadian version". In fact, with the Canadian dollar at US$1.02 on Friday, economists are boldly predicting steady increases all the way up to US$1.20. Now that's an advantage (20%) I could certainly live with. Only one problem, Lexus has forbidden US dealers to sell to Canadian buyers. Of course, what's to stop us from buying low mileage demos? I'll bet some dealers in Seattle will be putting a lot of LS460's on the road pretty soon, if they're not doing it already.

JP Lexus in Vancouver have seen their sales plummet ever since parity was reached, And... their service department are now seeing American market LS's registered to Canadian owners. If that doesn't put pressure on Lexus, I don't know what will.
Old 10-06-07 | 09:31 PM
Patric
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Burnaby
I'll bet some dealers in Seattle will be putting a lot of LS460's on the road pretty soon, if they're not doing it already.

You are correct Sir. I just picked up an 07 last Monday and both dealers in the Seattle area and the one in Tacoma are moving inventory at a good pace including discounted remaining in-stock 07s now that the 08s are on the floor.

Pat
Old 10-06-07 | 11:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

lol, burnaby, you want me to go down there and put a chain on the car to hold it for you? let me know, i know the sales guy there very well

it's not too dark at all. honestly to me after looking at all the interior for the ls, black is my only choice. same with my wife, she has no feeling on the other two interiors after i showed her in person

the car that zzzzdoc has, it has great exterior/interior contrast. but my personal preference is still the one i saw today (for the same exterior color) somehow it looks meaner and more classy to me
Old 10-06-07 | 11:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

5-seat + RSES is great...I guess the DVD player is still behind the center seat?
that's my guess, but the car was locked (just like the previous 120k loaded ls600hl) so i couldn't see. i didn't want to bother my sales guy to open it for me
Old 10-08-07 | 06:59 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, burnaby, you want me to go down there and put a chain on the car to hold it for you? let me know, i know the sales guy there very well

it's not too dark at all. honestly to me after looking at all the interior for the ls, black is my only choice. same with my wife, she has no feeling on the other two interiors after i showed her in person

the car that zzzzdoc has, it has great exterior/interior contrast. but my personal preference is still the one i saw today (for the same exterior color) somehow it looks meaner and more classy to me
Frankly, I could have lived with either interior, but I like the wood better on the Cashmere, and my wife definitely didn't want the dark seats, so perfect compromise.
Old 10-08-07 | 07:02 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Nope. 1 down, 9 to go. Kitty Carlisle.

The RSES really totally blocks your rear view mirror, BTW. Pretty well renders it useless. So up it stays for most trips.
Old 10-08-07 | 07:08 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

OK. Any of the Florida members want to purchase the car? We're going to start a grass roots campaign. No Black Opals for California. Even have our own commercials and theme song. May wage some sit ins at dealerships.

If we don't get any votes in the Democratic primary, we might as well get luxury cars in the colors we want.

Come on. Time for someone to step up to the plate.
Old 10-08-07 | 09:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
Frankly, I could have lived with either interior, but I like the wood better on the Cashmere, and my wife definitely didn't want the dark seats, so perfect compromise.
very true, the wood on the black interior isn't my fav
Old 10-08-07 | 02:48 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
very true, the wood on the black interior isn't my fav
Wood trim in the black interior is actually exactly the same as those in the Cashmere interior - both are medium brown walnut It's the Alabaster interior that has a different wood trim - dark brown Ash Burl, that's the darkest wood trim available for this car.
The light grey interior comes with the dark gray bird's eye maple.
Old 10-08-07 | 02:54 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

BTW, I passed by Regency Lexus after lunch today & saw the Black Opal LS600hL Executive Package in their showroom. It has the Cashmere interior.

The dealership is closed today though because it's the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday, so I only got to see it through the glass. Still looks absolutely beautiful, though hard to distinguish it from the Black Sapphire through the glass with the lighting conditions today. I will have to get back later to go inside to take another look . . .
Old 10-08-07 | 03:15 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Wood trim in the black interior is actually exactly the same as those in the Cashmere interior - both are medium brown walnut It's the Alabaster interior that has a different wood trim - dark brown Ash Burl, that's the darkest wood trim available for this car.
The light grey interior comes with the dark gray bird's eye maple.
My bad. I was thinking of the dark brown.
Old 10-08-07 | 03:17 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Robarapta
BTW, I passed by Regency Lexus after lunch today & saw the Black Opal LS600hL Executive Package in their showroom. It has the Cashmere interior.

The dealership is closed today though because it's the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday, so I only got to see it through the glass. Still looks absolutely beautiful, though hard to distinguish it from the Black Sapphire through the glass with the lighting conditions today. I will have to get back later to go inside to take another look . . .
It is very subtle. It looks black unless the light strikes it in the proper way. Then all those colors look alive. Otherwise, it's a black or very, very dark blue.

Quick Reply: saw my black opal in person today