LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 07:38 AM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone in Houston metropolitan area that has this mod installed? Advise.

If I buy this then I will need help with installation as I am mechanically challenged.
Old 12-05-07, 09:48 AM
ojah
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CEOEngr
Anyone in Houston metropolitan area that has this mod installed? Advise.

If I buy this then I will need help with installation as I am mechanically challenged.

I've had the system for two months and don't know what to do with it. Also technically challenged. Still waiting for advice on who could help me install it in the DC metro area.
Old 12-05-07, 10:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ah man, sux that no one could install it for you. you already have the instructions and no audio shop can do it? too bad you guys are far away otherwise i can do it for you guys
Old 12-05-07, 01:53 PM
Patric
Pole Position

I was even prepared to drive down to Fullerton, CA. from Everett, WA. and have the folks at Prestige do the install but Mark said they have no installation facility. I suppose I could have met someone in my hotel parking lot or driven to someone's house for the install but it wasn't going to feel right to me.

I found a shop in the Seattle area that will install it tomorrow. I hope they do a good job as they do a lot of high end cars but one never knows.

Pat
Old 12-05-07, 02:20 PM
tennisstar
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

any recommendations for the Atlanta area installers?
Old 12-05-07, 02:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Patric
I was even prepared to drive down to Fullerton, CA. from Everett, WA. and have the folks at Prestige do the install but Mark said they have no installation facility. I suppose I could have met someone in my hotel parking lot or driven to someone's house for the install but it wasn't going to feel right to me.

I found a shop in the Seattle area that will install it tomorrow. I hope they do a good job as they do a lot of high end cars but one never knows.

Pat
lol, i am actually the one who's supposed to install it for you if you are here. i have done several installs already. in fact, another one this weekend
Old 12-05-07, 06:59 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's very generous of you Henry
Old 12-06-07, 11:45 AM
Patric
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, i am actually the one who's supposed to install it for you if you are here. i have done several installs already. in fact, another one this weekend
Well, perhaps I should have come down then because mine was installed today and although the Navi button works from a stop, after it times out on the freeway you can't get it back unless you stop again.

The TV button works fine. I can load and play DVDs on the fly as advertised.

I have a call in to Mark for an explanation.

Pat

Last edited by Patric; 12-06-07 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-06-07, 12:08 PM
B@tm@n
Pole Position

I have a one quesion. Why are you wearing those gloves? Just qurious.
Old 12-06-07, 01:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Patric
Well, perhaps I should have come down then because mine was installed today and although the Navi button works from a stop, after it times out on the freeway you can't get it back unless you stop again.

The TV button works fine. I can load and play DVDs on the fly as advertised.

I have a call in to Mark for an explanation.

Pat
umm, pat, can you tell me more about your problem with the nav override? maybe i can try to debug here

batman, well, i hat having those finger print grease marks everywhere on the dash
Old 12-06-07, 02:23 PM
Patric
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
umm, pat, can you tell me more about your problem with the nav override? maybe i can try to debug here
Before starting out from a stop if you push the Nav button you can access the Audio, POI and other screens while moving as advertised. After the unit times out while moving however, you cannot get the functionality back by pushing the Nav button again while still moving. It doesn't work. You must come to a stop again first.

The TV button works like it should. You can be moving down the road, install a DVD, push the TV button and it will play just fine.

I spoke with Mark and I am evidently the only one thus far using the 7.1 update with the unit. He is not sure if this is an issue but will do some testing with his unit and let me know.

Thanks;

Pat
Old 12-06-07, 02:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

so you are saying when the car is moving, you press on the NAV button and it doesn't light up at all?
Old 12-06-07, 03:07 PM
Patric
Pole Position

The button lights up as it should but the functionality that the Nav button controls is limited to the conditions listed in the above post.

The only thing it does do when pushed while moving is lock the navigation screen in place (as it should) because it is not tracking until either it times out or you push the button again at which time it locates the vehicle after a couple of seconds and repositions the car on the map.

Pat
Old 12-06-07, 04:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ummm, this is odd. from what you said, it seems like the system (brain) is cutting off the antenna signal already, but at the same time seems like it's not shutting off the speed sensor signal (which should be in the large harness i suppose).

i would be surprised if the 7.1 is the problem, coz' speed sensor is a hardware wire, the 7.0 or 7.1 is just a software detecting if that wire has certain signal. unless there is a 2nd speed sensor signal (which i doubt).

let me think a bit more. i don't want to draw conclusions saying it's a defective unit. i don't have a time line but i can try the override unit on my 2008 gs350 as well which has 7.1 (no guarantee when that will happen)
Old 12-06-07, 04:44 PM
Patric
Pole Position

I agree with everything you say above but I find it strange that the speed sensor would not be shut off in the Nav mode but evidently is in the TV mode as how it plays DVDs on the fly just fine. Thats with me assuming they share a common speed sensor circuit which may or may not be the case.

Quick Reply: nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)