LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-08, 04:56 PM
guy999
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is really weird.
Old 01-10-08, 05:20 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Patric
I'm the one that has the TV button (DVD) that works as advertised.

While stopped if I hit the NAV button and start driving I have full function but only until it times out after 5 minutes (does not effect the DVD)and then the buttons grey out and functionality can't be regained until I come to a stop again.

Very frustrating as I would prefer the NAV button to the TV button if I can only have one that works while driving.

Pat
Patric - have you established for sure that your PS unit isn't just defective?

Old 01-10-08, 07:59 PM
Patric
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Patric - have you established for sure that your PS unit isn't just defective? .
No I haven't. I would have to try another unit in order to accomplish that so I thought it easier to just wait until some other folks tried it to see how they make out and that would give me some insight as to what my problem might be.

I just didn't think it was going to take this long for someone in the L.A. area with a 7.1 460 to step up and give it a try.

Pat
Old 01-10-08, 10:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Patric
No I haven't. I would have to try another unit in order to accomplish that so I thought it easier to just wait until some other folks tried it to see how they make out and that would give me some insight as to what my problem might be.

I just didn't think it was going to take this long for someone in the L.A. area with a 7.1 460 to step up and give it a try.

Pat
tell me about it @_@
Old 01-11-08, 07:17 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
tell me about it @_@
+1 on that! I'd be over at Henry's in the morning if I weren't 1,500 miles away!

Old 01-12-08, 01:55 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default It Works !!!

Ok, so last week I told you the PS NAV Override Module didn't work on my 2008 LS 460 SWB with 7.1 software, WRONG! I reinstalled the PS NAV Override again this weekend and it will allow you to do EVERYTHING the car does when it is stationary, while the car is moving -- just like Romini's! Please don't ask me what I did wrong the first time, I'd be too embarressed to say. Just know that there is nothing wrong with the unit as is, and it does work as advertised!

The second time I installed it, it took me 35 minutes! I didn't put the screws back because they are not necessary. The clips that hold the NAV, Radio, Ash Tray and Gear Shift Cover modules are sufficient to keep everything in it's proper place without any rattles!

I followed PS's excellent instructions exactly the first time. On my second install I found that (on the SWB at least) I didn't need to disconnect ANY wires or harnesses except for the Ash Tray. The Radio and Gear Shift cover I was able to scoot out of the way so I could pull out the NAV module to access the rear. Only two plugs need to be redirected to the PS Override system. I slid the NAV module all the way back in place and just slid the Radio back in place slightly so I could access the gear shift. I drove the car around a little and tested all features of the system -- they all worked! I returned home and finished reseating the Radio, Ash Tray and Gear Shift Cover as well as the Side Panels, and mounted the NAV/TV override buttons just where Romini showed in his photo.

It seems safe , IMHO, to recommend this unit to all.

Thanx PS!

Last edited by jlawr; 01-12-08 at 02:03 PM. Reason: - 2pts. for spelling errors -- corrected
Old 01-12-08, 02:00 PM
guy999
Driver School Candidate

awesome, i get my car on monday so i'm probably gonna go and buy this thing also.
Old 01-12-08, 02:04 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

That's BEYOND awesome. I've just arranged to get the override unit, too, and I think Rom's gonna help me install it when I get out there in a few weeks.

This is looking MUCH better than it was just a few days ago!

Old 01-12-08, 03:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ah that's awesome! so now i really want to know what went wrong pm me?

but yes, this is great news! so it's proven that 08 is working. if anything then 07 with 7.1 is the next step
Old 01-12-08, 03:53 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

ah that's awesome! so now i really want to know what went wrong pm me?

but yes, this is great news! so it's proven that 08 is working. if anything then 07 with 7.1 is the next step
Looks like you're off the hook for my install, Rom.

Now if I can just get a kit!

Old 01-12-08, 05:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

no problem mike, and if you are out there for a trip anyway
Old 01-12-08, 06:46 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

no problem mike, and if you are out there for a trip anyway
Actually, I was willing to drive 3,000 miles round trip just for that! But another (local) member has offered to oversee my install if I need it.

Thanks, though!

Old 01-15-08, 02:26 PM
PS VIP
Rookie

We want to apologize for not following up with the members here for the latest news we received.

As most of you know that the unit will work with 2008 LS equips with 7.1. This however does not mean the unit is compatible with 2007 vehicle that has been upgraded to 7.1. As matter of fact, we knew Patric has issue with his override unit after he installed the unit on the upgraded 2007 LS.

We have a potential client out in TX who has 2007 LS with the upgraded 7.1 navigation is in talk of testing this unit on his vehicle. As soon as information is available, we will report back immediately.

Thanks for all of your patience.

Mark
Old 02-02-08, 01:55 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

As of this afternoon, I can be added to the list of satisfied customers.

Big thanks to fellow forum member jlawr, who helped me get the #$@*%! radio head unit out. LOL. I had struggled with it unsuccessfully the other day, and had to give up. But Joel developed a trick that worked on mine, too, and now I'm good to go.

BTW, mine is another '08 that came with 7.1, so I guess we're still unsure of '07's that came with an earlier version and later upgraded to 7.1 ...

Old 02-02-08, 03:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yup, still waiting for results with 07 and 7.1

congrats mike. so how do you like the override

Quick Reply: nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)