LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 06:57 PM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by segdog2
A+ would buy again.
Ditto....I wouldn't hesitate dealing with Prestigious Society again in the future.
Old 05-19-08, 07:12 PM
SmackDaddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have a really hard time dislodging the radio head-end unit? I tried my install this weekend and couldn't move it. Perhaps I was too scared to bust something and didn't exert enough force, but it REALLY felt like there was another bolt in there that hadn't been loosened.
Old 05-19-08, 07:33 PM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
Anybody have a really hard time dislodging the radio head-end unit? I tried my install this weekend and couldn't move it. Perhaps I was too scared to bust something and didn't exert enough force, but it REALLY felt like there was another bolt in there that hadn't been loosened.
You need to make sure all 4 screws are out, which I believe you did, and try pulling the radio from the bottom with one hand, and push from behind with the other hand (finger tips)... It worked for me...
Where in NJ are you located? I may be able to stop by when you're ready to push
Cheers
Old 05-19-08, 08:39 PM
SmackDaddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

North Jersey - Chatham.
Old 05-19-08, 10:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

there are only 2 screws holding the radio unit, not 4 (the other 2 are holding the nav, and they are accessible only after you removed the radio unit).

start from the driver side. at the bottom left of the radio unit, pop it out first (shouldn't be hard). and then stick your hand underneath to gain access at the back (probably only a finger or two). then just keep pushing forward. that's your best bet

hope you have strong fingers
Old 05-20-08, 06:27 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

After you remove the the ashtray assembly and the two bolts that anchor the Radio, the front view of the radio (near the bottom) looks like this.

|___/<------------------------->\_____|

You can use a wide flathead screwdriver behind the "tabs" where the arrows point to "pop" out one side of the radio and then the other. Then it's real easy to pull out the radio.

Good Luck!
Old 05-20-08, 07:37 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jlawr
After you remove the the ashtray assembly and the two bolts that anchor the Radio, the front view of the radio (near the bottom) looks like this.

|___/<------------------------->\_____|

You can use a wide flathead screwdriver behind the "tabs" where the arrows point to "pop" out one side of the radio and then the other. Then it's real easy to pull out the radio.

Good Luck!
Jlawr's got it - my radio was in there tighter than Richard's hatband, and he helped me get mine out using this method.

You'll be reluctant to pry on ANYTHING in there if you're like me, but just a little pressure behind one of those tabs will pop it out.

Old 05-20-08, 07:50 AM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rominl
there are only 2 screws holding the radio unit, not 4 (the other 2 are holding the nav, and they are accessible only after you removed the radio unit).

start from the driver side. at the bottom left of the radio unit, pop it out first (shouldn't be hard). and then stick your hand underneath to gain access at the back (probably only a finger or two). then just keep pushing forward. that's your best bet

hope you have strong fingers
That might be the truth, however, I followed the thread below, which indicates you must take 4 out (2 on each side), and that worked for me perfectly...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156160

Cheers,
Old 05-20-08, 08:19 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperpl
That might be the truth, however, I followed the thread below, which indicates you must take 4 out (2 on each side), and that worked for me perfectly...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156160

Cheers,
Glad it worked for you.

I don't know about the GS, but the LS 460 only has two bolts that hold in the Center Console Cover, two for the Radio, and the last two for the Nav Unit Assembly. Total -- six for the PS Override Install.
Old 05-20-08, 09:28 AM
chopperpl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jlawr
Glad it worked for you.

I don't know about the GS, but the LS 460 only has two bolts that hold in the Center Console Cover, two for the Radio, and the last two for the Nav Unit Assembly. Total -- six for the PS Override Install.
How did I end up on LS forum????? Apologies... I just replied to instant email notification, which suppose to be GS forum I've subscribed to...
Old 05-20-08, 10:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by chopperpl
How did I end up on LS forum????? Apologies... I just replied to instant email notification, which suppose to be GS forum I've subscribed to...
HAHAHAHAHHA........... that's funny man, you somehow landed in the LS forum but yup, you are right that on the GS, it's 4 bolts on the side

jlawr got it on where to pop out first. actually if you are afraid, don't use flat head. just use your hand / fingers and you should be able to pop those two ends out already. try it
Old 05-21-08, 04:01 AM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Went on a business trip on Monday, and found another cool reason to have the NAV override installed. I had someone riding with me on the trip, and I didn't care to have them listening to my phone calls. Well, if I had not had the NAV override, I would have had to have pulled over and stopped in order to have the "Transfer" button show up to transfer my calls off the speaker to my hand phone. However, with just a push of a button, the "Transfer" button was useable while driving. A small thing....but very nice. I also had the opportunity to plug in an address on the NAV while going down the highway (only done while not in bad highway traffic). I refrain from doing these things while in city traffic, but certainly convenient while on the highway.
Old 05-21-08, 11:39 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clemgrad85
Went on a business trip on Monday, and found another cool reason to have the NAV override installed. I had someone riding with me on the trip, and I didn't care to have them listening to my phone calls. Well, if I had not had the NAV override, I would have had to have pulled over and stopped in order to have the "Transfer" button show up to transfer my calls off the speaker to my hand phone. However, with just a push of a button, the "Transfer" button was useable while driving. A small thing....but very nice. I also had the opportunity to plug in an address on the NAV while going down the highway (only done while not in bad highway traffic). I refrain from doing these things while in city traffic, but certainly convenient while on the highway.
Even though - without the override, you could still use the phone to turn off the bluetooth, and you would come out the same...
Old 05-22-08, 04:13 AM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 350Dave
Even though - without the override, you could still use the phone to turn off the bluetooth, and you would come out the same...
However....it is done with the touch of a button....then when finished, the touch of a button and I'm back on. On my phone, Palm 650, it would involve scrolling to several locations to get hooked back up....thus more distractions. Just easier to have this done with the touch of a single button.
Old 05-22-08, 10:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by clemgrad85
However....it is done with the touch of a button....then when finished, the touch of a button and I'm back on. On my phone, Palm 650, it would involve scrolling to several locations to get hooked back up....thus more distractions. Just easier to have this done with the touch of a single button.
amen.... imagine "hey bob, hold on 15 seconds, let me scroll through this sucker so i can talk to you privately"

Quick Reply: nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)