LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-08, 06:54 PM
Whipple1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thrang
He placed it in an ideal place - between the driver's seat heat/cool **** and the the sun shade button - nestled up against the base of the armrest. Perfect!
Well I just installed mine yesterday and it was very easy but very nerve racking.I was afraid to crack or scratch something, thats why I had to install it myself with a friend, because if I damaged anything I could only blame myself,but all in all the instructions were very good following them step by step with no problems.One thing I was amazed with was Lexus left out a 10mm radio bolt ,I went to remove it and no bolt ,I have 1 and the clips hold it in super tight anyway,I installed the black box behind the radio, to the right there is small empy spot next to the factory pug harness and I 3M taped the unit there its a perfect spot for that,During insallation I was still confused where to mount the triggers,then I remembered reading thrangs location and I have to say it is the perfect location,no looking or opening or bending over for the buttons,I just hang my hand off the armrest and boom the buttons right there,I installed the button slightly different than thrangs, I went a right next to to the armrest trim and dremeled out a small notch for the wire so it doesnt get pintched and the trim pushes down properly, there is close to zero wire showing, it looks factory! I tryed everything and the system works perfect,Overall I am very happy the way it functions,I would like to thank eveyone in CL for all of your posts, it helped me BIG TIME with the install!

Last edited by Whipple1; 10-14-08 at 12:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-14-08, 09:07 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im waiting for the unit to arrive. I'll do two things at the same time.

Override(BTW what did this guy use to hold the unit still) +

Mcraney Windnoise Fix

Could someone tell me where could i find the vaistech unit( not the whole set ; just the unit that will by pass the " I Agree Button" ) i want to buy it from a website than calling. I visited
http://www.vaistech.com/sl2vi.php

and it says:
Orders for SL2Vi can only be placed over the phone
(720) 733-2348

Last edited by uae; 10-14-08 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-14-08, 12:40 PM
Whipple1
Rookie

Today I was using the bypass for the dvd player, and it seems when the movie is playing and I want to go back to change it to a different chapter the screen goes black,but the arrow buttons are visible to navigate what chapter to pick but I cant see the chapter screen,Does anyone else have this problem ,If there is a trick I would love to know,Thanks
Old 10-14-08, 01:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple1
Today I was using the bypass for the dvd player, and it seems when the movie is playing and I want to go back to change it to a different chapter the screen goes black,but the arrow buttons are visible to navigate what chapter to pick but I cant see the chapter screen,Does anyone else have this problem ,If there is a trick I would love to know,Thanks
before you tap the screen for those buttons, override the nav first...
Old 10-15-08, 04:38 PM
Whipple1
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
before you tap the screen for those buttons, override the nav first...
Rom you the man, thanks,That worked perfect! I also fgured out while on the audio screen while overiding the nav, the picture button is enable , Thats awsome ,thats better than hitting the aux button there is no pause,Thanks again!

Last edited by Whipple1; 10-22-08 at 03:10 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-15-08, 04:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Rom you the man, thanks,That worked perfect! I also fgured out while on the audio screen while overiding the nav, the picture button is enable , Thats awsome ,that better than hitting the aux button there is no pause,Thanks again!
no problem. i noticed that problem when i first tried it out too. glad to help
Old 10-21-08, 05:21 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

WORKS ON GULF LS SPECIFICATIONS

IT WORKED FOR ME xD. I applied the override at my dealer. The fix was done by the foreman.

At first we thought these two wires i was holding should be installed somewhere. The two grey wires i am holding had no place to fit in. The Gulf LS DVD player input ports are a bit different from behind than the one that came out printed on the instruction paper. I think there are different input ports because the American Version is stallelite based on the other hand the Gulf version comes with a dvd map. Maybe those two wires have to do something with the stalletie ovveride which i dont need and i dont have. At first i though that it wont work for me because the two wires did not fit but i gave it a shot and test drove the car before installing everything back on.

SUCCESS:
They seemed not to interfere with the override operation so they were left alone.

Installing everything Back

The 2 face tape did not hold the unit still. I replaced with another 2 face tape and the same result was gained. I will use a High Quality 2 face tape later on today to keep the unit still.

Overall the Unit works as Promissed.

Taping the Navi button once will allow the destination input & disable re-track.Taping the Navi Button again re-tracks.

For those who watch movies when they drive and would like full control. The best approch is to tap the NAVI Button when the ignition is off. Now start the car and keep holding the NAVI ; you will see that the button blinks , continue holding it for several seconds until the red light is not blinking any more. Now you can watch a movie and change chapters with no problems at all.

The downside about the unit is that whenever it allows you to enter a destination you have to tap the NAVI Button again to enable re-track and that sucks. But something is always better than nothing.

Thanx to henry for sharing the info with us.

Special Thanks to mark.

Great Forum.

Last edited by uae; 10-22-08 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-21-08, 10:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

if the double sided tape doesn't stick, probably coz' you have a layer of grease type protection on the dash. use alcohol to wipe it down first before sticking
Old 10-21-08, 01:59 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

I went to an automobile accessories to get another 2 face tape. I wiped the area using a perfume , lol. Now it seems to be perfect.
Old 10-21-08, 02:13 PM
Whipple1
Rookie

Thats cool that everything worked out,When I watch movies I dont have to hold down the button, I either hit the aux/hdd button and the movie comes on, or if you go back to the audio screen the picture button will be faded out just activate the nav button the picture screen appears, hit the picture button then go back and deactivate the nav button so your nav is back to perspective,Your on a roll, taking your door trim apart for the wind fix and now the center console for the overide .Whats next on the agenda!
Old 10-21-08, 09:09 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

I created Video Clip Songs using Nero. Everything works fine except that i wasnt able to seek forward and backward.

Whenever i want to change to the next video clip i get a Circle with a dash accross; in other words i have to wait till clip 1 is over so i can go to clip 2 then clip 3. I think its what program i used to do the burning process ( nero ).

How can i change from 1 video clip to another. What burning program allows that.

Thanx in Advance
Old 10-21-08, 10:17 PM
Whipple1
Rookie

Originally Posted by uae
I created Video Clip Songs using Nero. Everything works fine except that i wasnt able to seek forward and backward.

Whenever i want to change to the next video clip i get a Circle with a dash accross; in other words i have to wait till clip 1 is over so i can go to clip 2 then clip 3. I think its what program i used to do the burning process ( nero ).

How can i change from 1 video clip to another. What burning program allows that.

Thanx in Advance
Did you try hitting the nav button before changing a clip?
Old 10-22-08, 03:04 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Damn me i was blind not to see henrys post at the top of this page.

Thanx Whippe,it works now.

At first i thought that the burning program did not allow the seeking.

Strating to love this forum more than ever.

THANX GUYS !!
Old 10-22-08, 03:11 PM
Whipple1
Rookie

Originally Posted by uae
Damn me i was blind not to see henrys post at the top of this page.

Thanx Whippe,it works now.

At first i thought that the burning program did not allow the seeking.

Strating to love this forum more than ever.

THANX GUYS !!
Your welcome!,I agree this forum has a great bunch of members .
Old 10-23-08, 08:35 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Your on a roll, taking your door trim apart for the wind fix and now the center console for the overide .Whats next on the agenda!
Full Wald Body kit including the rims 22's. It has been a hard decision thinking of the Autocoture/Tom's/WALD.Tanable Springs and maybe the LS 600 Headlights .

I will have it installed real soon.

Regarding that VAIS unit that will auto-click on the I Agree button. Could anyone direct me to the buy page. I visitied their official home page and they mentioned that i have to call to purchase.

Quick Reply: nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)