LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-07, 12:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

maybe you can give them a call? it's weird that they didn't reply emails for so long. you might want to check your junk mail filter too. the first few times i talked to them emails did go to junk filter
Old 11-09-07, 08:40 AM
Patric
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent an e-mail late last night and had my reply this morning.

They are out of the units but will be ordering more soon. They are looking for folks wanting to get on their list of interested buyers so they can place another order from Japan.

They can't be sure the price will be the same and the order will take 3 to 4 weeks to arrive.

They will install for $250.00 and are located somewhere in Orange County, CA.

Pat
Old 11-09-07, 12:46 PM
thrang
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
so anyone who received the unit has installed it and tested it out? it would be great to hear from more members rather than just my voice
I received mine yesterday, and my car is at my friend's shop where the install should be done by now - my wife is bringing the car home, so I'll post either tonight or Monday (away for the weekend) with results. Looking forward.

Now, could the new 7.1 Nav upgrade break this units' funtionality????
Old 11-09-07, 01:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the 7.1 is pretty much the same software, just mostly POI updates. i think the override is more on a hardware fix, i don't think it should matter

but then again, i don't have 7.1
Old 11-09-07, 03:16 PM
Patric
Pole Position

One of my questions to Chung at Prestigious Society was about the 7.1 software upgrade and its potential effects.

His response;

As far as we know, the 7.1 software update is mainly on the software side.
The override module is a hardware controller on the sensor signals going in
and out of the navigation units, so it should still work. But at this point
we have only tried the unit on 7.0 system.

Pat
Old 11-09-07, 04:08 PM
generaznx
Driver School Candidate

My friend just got a Tundra, and he's got a similar issue here. Here's some info that might be of assistance. Someone on the tundrasolutions forums built something called a speed pulse generator. What happens is, if the speed sensor is cut off, the navigation will eventually figure it out and rely solely on the GPS. To fool it into thinking the speed sensor is not cut off, it (the speed pulse generator) sends a slow signal to the navigation so that it is using the GPS for navigation for the most part (although scrolling is a bit more choppy) but the navigation menu is fully functional while driving and the navigation is not cut off whatsoever. He's a bit confused as to what the FM modulator is supposed to do, but the speed pulse generator used a potentiometer along with some resistors to time the pulses it would send to the speed sensor. . It didn't work for watching video on the screen, as one single pulse would cause the video to go out, though the navigation had a little more tolerance and would allow it up to a little over 1 mile an hour. So he is currently trying to figure out how to combine the two features to make it work. To get video to show on the screen while driving, he disconnected the speed sensor and also disconnected the antenna wire. So the question he has now, and he's hoping that someone here might have some info on it, is where does one get the antenna plug adapters? He doesn't want to cut the antenna cable because it's co-axial.

And he is quite certain that the modifications done here would not affect the software, and his unit uses 7.1 nav.
Old 11-10-07, 06:01 PM
ojah
Rookie

Originally Posted by BadBoy
I shot them an email on tuesday and have yet to receive any type of response...hope they get to my email soon.

Fred
I shot them an email last week and got what seemd to me an instantaneous response. I ordered the same day. Paid $314, including shipment to DC metro area. Grateful if someone could recommend a potential installer in DC, Maryland or Virginia. Won't be able to do it myself. Not that technically inclined.
Old 11-10-07, 07:05 PM
guy999
Driver School Candidate

i was one of the people that wasn't going to buy an ls460 until this came out, so now this is back in the running.
Old 11-11-07, 01:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well i am glad that you are back in the game
Old 11-11-07, 05:23 AM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by misterk
um...this might be another dumb question...but is this unit compatible with the vaistech for the ipod? i think the ipod integration has lockout features also, if im not mistaken. i could be wrong about this also.
I just installed this unit on my 2007 3GS - here are the install notes and pics:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=317601

I too have a VAIS Tech unit for ipod integration and to get rid of that "I agree" button press step each time the car is started, and the new NAV override unit and the VAIS unit get along just fine... no worries....

It's pretty easy to install this on a 3GS.... under 30 minutes.... and it works just as advertised.... I am pleased with the unit and with the service I got from Pretigious Society.... glad to hear the LS and GS folks now have a good solution to that irritating phone pad/NAV/CD changer lockout for our cars...
Old 11-13-07, 01:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

completely forgot to post the link here.

pretigious society is now official sponsor on clublexus. they have put up a GB

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=318055
Old 11-13-07, 01:46 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx for posting the link. Says they just became an official sponsor, looks like now is a very opportune time.

And thx jaxgs350 for the pics, good to see that the 4' cord allows the owner to choose wherever to put the switch. Definitely would go for as seamless as possible.
Old 11-13-07, 07:15 PM
thrang
Rookie

Default Quick Review

Ok, I've had it installed for a few days, and while I want to playa bit more here's my quick review:

- The overrides work - you press the NAV button, and all functions are available. Depending upon how long you engage the override, and how many twists and turns you take off the road you were on at the point you engaged the override, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or so for the NAV to lock back onto your actual position.

- The DVD override works, but the documentation is sparse, and it took some noodling around to squeeze all the functionality out of it. The process of switching screens (say from MAP back to the DVD) is a little un-intuititve. If you press te AUDIO button to go back to the source, you only see the DVD changer menu, and the PICTURE button is greyed out even with the override on. The action is to press the AUX button and CYCLE back to the DVD changer - then the video appears (though it takes about five or six seconds, as it is coming out of a paused state)

The other issue I had was accessing the DVD navigation controls. Initially, when I pressed the touchscreen to call up the navigation buttons, they appeared, but the video dropped out (audio still played). This made it impossible to navigate to the discs' menu to choose different chapters since you couldn't see what you were doing. If the car slowed to 5 MPH or less, the video would be there - sort of like the NAV buttons without the override....

So I engaged the NAV override as well as the DVD override, and while moving, you CAN access the DVD menu buttons and NOT lose the video. It seems you need the speed sense cutoff when you want to access the DVD touchscreen buttons without losing the video

I did not install it; had a friend who owns a car stereo shop do it. Took him about three hours.

I also have the Vaistech iPod adapter, and that continues to work fine.

So all in all, I'm pretty pleased - need to play with the NAV override more to see if the lag of location lock-on is an issue once you cancel the override, but no matter, they are delivering what they promise. I called and emailed several times after receiving the unit, and during troubleshooting the above DVD touchscreen button issues, and they were prompt in emailing or calling back to help.
Old 11-13-07, 08:46 PM
ikey78
Driver

Originally Posted by thrang
Ok, I've had it installed for a few days, and while I want to playa bit more here's my quick review:

- The overrides work - you press the NAV button, and all functions are available. Depending upon how long you engage the override, and how many twists and turns you take off the road you were on at the point you engaged the override, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or so for the NAV to lock back onto your actual position.

- The DVD override works, but the documentation is sparse, and it took some noodling around to squeeze all the functionality out of it. The process of switching screens (say from MAP back to the DVD) is a little un-intuititve. If you press te AUDIO button to go back to the source, you only see the DVD changer menu, and the PICTURE button is greyed out even with the override on. The action is to press the AUX button and CYCLE back to the DVD changer - then the video appears (though it takes about five or six seconds, as it is coming out of a paused state)

The other issue I had was accessing the DVD navigation controls. Initially, when I pressed the touchscreen to call up the navigation buttons, they appeared, but the video dropped out (audio still played). This made it impossible to navigate to the discs' menu to choose different chapters since you couldn't see what you were doing. If the car slowed to 5 MPH or less, the video would be there - sort of like the NAV buttons without the override....

So I engaged the NAV override as well as the DVD override, and while moving, you CAN access the DVD menu buttons and NOT lose the video. It seems you need the speed sense cutoff when you want to access the DVD touchscreen buttons without losing the video

I did not install it; had a friend who owns a car stereo shop do it. Took him about three hours.

I also have the Vaistech iPod adapter, and that continues to work fine.

So all in all, I'm pretty pleased - need to play with the NAV override more to see if the lag of location lock-on is an issue once you cancel the override, but no matter, they are delivering what they promise. I called and emailed several times after receiving the unit, and during troubleshooting the above DVD touchscreen button issues, and they were prompt in emailing or calling back to help.
Where did the installer place the trigger buttons in your car?
Old 11-13-07, 09:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

good to know another working unit. yes, i played with the dvd playback feature tonight and confirmed that i need to override the nav first before doing the menu in order for them to show up.

Quick Reply: nav, phone, and dvd playback at my finger tip (slightly 56k aware)