LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What did you do about your wind noise problem after the dealer fix didn't work

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-07, 05:18 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

$400.00 oil changes? I don't know what you're talking about.

Craig
Old 12-22-07, 01:52 PM
Nospinzone

Received 424 Likes on 327 Posts

I regret to tell you that a few weeks ago a driver who reached for a bag of candy that fell from the passanger seat of his car veered into my lane and damaged the entire drivers side of my car,

Sorry that happened to you Mallory. That's probably why Lexus doesn't want drivers multi-tasking while driving.

Glad you're enjoying the Caddy though.
Old 12-22-07, 07:40 PM
Big Jimm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mallory H.
It is flattering to see my name still being mentioned.
Mallory - glad to hear from you again. And, glad that you weren’t hurt
worse.

As I remember, you posted very honest and candid reports of your wind
noise experience. I’m not a buyer who “can’t be pleased no matter what.”
From your reports, you’re not either. Unfortunately, on some forums,
there are die-hard fans of the particular brand they buy. I’ve commented
on this elsewhere. I own a Mercedes Benz, a C-6 Corvette and a Harley
Davidson .. and belong to all those forums. (Believe me, here is a strong
“owner-loyalty” group!)

On those forums - as you can imagine - some are enraged when a member,
in any way, reports ANY negative experience.

But, if in these private membership forums, owners can’t report honest
experiences (even the bad) to each other, who can we tell? Or, ask help
from? Cars cost THOUSANDS! And, it’s very easy to make a several
thousand dollar mistake. Yet, how long does it take us to SAVE several
thousand dollars? So, candid “brotherhood” reports can be invaluable!

Just for the record, I’ll proclaim: I love my C-6 and Harley Davidson. But,
I don’t like my ’08 E-350 Sport. And, am sorry I traded my ’06 DTS for it.
(If I remember, you went to a DTS, which is a very good luxury value.)

By the way, didn’t Lexus end up buying your car back .. or, was that
someone else on here? If it wasn’t you, it would be interesting to hear
from that person .. as to how it happened, what they paid, etc.

Glad to hear from you again Mallory. All the best.

Big Jimm
Old 05-18-08, 11:30 PM
bluex5
Driver School Candidate

I give Lexus 4 repair attempts on the wind noise. I went through the arbitration process. No help. I talk to a lemon car lawyer, but he is not certain about the chances of winning.

With all the wind noise complains, I am wonder if there is a class action lawyer who want to take on Lexus. This is embarrassing to paid 80k for a car that is louder then the IS 250.
Old 05-19-08, 08:59 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluex5
I give Lexus 4 repair attempts on the wind noise. I went through the arbitration process. No help. I talk to a lemon car lawyer, but he is not certain about the chances of winning.

With all the wind noise complains, I am wonder if there is a class action lawyer who want to take on Lexus. This is embarrassing to paid 80k for a car that is louder then the IS 250.

I don't have any first-hand experience with the Lemon Law process. But the BBB process does work. We bought a '90 Buick Century wagon off the showroom floor. Really nice ride. After about 2,000 miles it developed a problem where you take your foot off the accelerator and it just keeps going for about 5 seconds before any subtle signs of deceleration. It behaved as if the cruise control were engaged.

The Buick-made diagnostic tool showed no problems in their Buick vehicle...surprise! Early on the techs agreed that this was not normal as they tried various 'fixes'. They really did try. Later on they were kind of quiet and let the service manager do all their talking. They'd obviously been muzzled.

I went to the BBB as I thought this was also a safety issue. The BBB unofficially suggested I not pursue the safety aspect as this took it out of their hands and into NHTSA turf...which takes forever to do most anything unless deaths are involved, like the Ford/Firestone fiasco.

The BBB took it on as a defective vehicle and assigned an arbitrator. Buick sent in some hotshot from their San Francisco corporate office. Now the arbitrator really didn't know much about cars, but he DID know how to ask some damn good questions during the hearing.

After about an hour Q&A with both sides at the table. Four of us (BBB officer, arbitrator driving, Buick dude and myself) went for a ride in our car. Part of the ride was over to a local Buick dealer where he'd arranged for a ride in an identical car. We rode around in that and the difference was night and day. The Buick dude said it felt the same to him...we all just looked at each other.

Anyway the arbitrator found in our favor and directed Buick to buy back our car. Which they did. We were out the taxes we paid and tint job we'd had done, by then it did have a cracked windshield, but at least got ALL the purchase price back. All this took about a year and a half. By then the car had about 8,000 white-knuckled miles on it.

So, dear hearts, it CAN be done...through BBB anyway.

Whit
Old 05-19-08, 12:34 PM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WhitBaby
I don't have any first-hand experience with the Lemon Law process. But the BBB process does work....I went to the BBB as I thought this was also a safety issue....So, dear hearts, it CAN be done...through BBB anyway.

Whit

I had a warranty issue with Sewell Lexus of Ft. Worth. I went to the BBB and filed a complaint. They sent THREE separate letter to Sewell over a period of a month and received NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER. My Lexus dealer totally ignored the Better Business Bureau. It said a lot about my dealer. I haven't been back to them since then....which was probably what they wanted. I filed for Arbitration (neutral negotiator) with the National Arbitration Board and the problem was taken care of quickly before we went to arbitration. Just my experience with Lexus and the BBB. Lexus does nothing unless they are FORCED to.
Old 05-19-08, 07:51 PM
bluex5
Driver School Candidate

I too went through the bbb and arbitration. In my case the bbb found that the noise was not loud enough. How loud should it be? Of course, the problem was that the bbb staff did not 80k for a car. They are thinking well my accord has some wind noise. So to them, the noise was acceptable. It really get me up set that Lexus won't do any thing to fix this problem. I call a lemon car lawyer, but he believe it a gray area. And this is after 4 attempt at several different dealers.

I think the only way people can get Lexus to fix the problem is to have a class action lawyer to take on all our cases. Then Lexus will start to act.

Come on ... some one on the site must know a class action lawyer some where... that will take these cases.