LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Considering making a move, what is a good discount off MSRP on a LS460?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-07, 01:46 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering making a move, what is a good discount off MSRP on a LS460?

I got my GS for $200 over invoice or $5k off MSRP and hope to find a similar deal on a LS. Headed over to my local dealership now to take a quick look at their inventory.
Old 12-15-07, 02:37 PM
Patric
Pole Position

I got 7K off my 07 460 SWB which I thought was a good deal for my area (Seattle).

Pat
Old 12-15-07, 03:01 PM
rajwany
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Patric
I got 7K off my 07 460 SWB which I thought was a good deal for my area (Seattle).

Pat
this is probably the best deal u can find anywhere, as far as I know
Old 12-15-07, 03:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
I got my GS for $200 over invoice or $5k off MSRP and hope to find a similar deal on a LS. Headed over to my local dealership now to take a quick look at their inventory.
i think 2000 over invoice should be the norm you use and try to get lower if possible
Old 12-15-07, 04:31 PM
Nospinzone

Received 425 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i think 2000 over invoice should be the norm you use and try to get lower if possible
I agree. Certainly there can be variations by market. I was fortunate in that there were 6 different dealers within 75 miles of me. If you are in an area with no competition you may have to pay more unless you are willing to travel.
Old 12-15-07, 04:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

2thfixr is in socal, so i am sure he has the advantage of negotiating
Old 12-27-07, 10:39 PM
lexerella
Driver School Candidate

Talking 12-27-07 LS 460 Deal

Hi everyone:

I am a newbie to the forum. I got a lot of valuable information about the LS on this forum. I wanted to report the deal I got on the LS 460. I basically emailed 10 dealerships around my house and told them the car I wanted.

LS 460, SWB, ML/NAV/Comfort Plus...basically the $74,000 MSRP car. I told them that I am willing to pay $1,000 over invoice.

1.) We got one dealer at $1,800 over invoice. (Longo)
2.) Dealer #2 at $1,500 over invoice (Lexus Carlsbad)
3.) Dealer #3 at $1,000 over invoice (Crown Lexus)

Please ping me if you'd like the contact names of the people at the above dealerships. I will post pictures of the new LS 460, it is black on black and gorgeous. I love the lines on this car.
Old 12-27-07, 11:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

welcome to CL lexerella and congrats on your ride!

just another suggestion, on top of prices, also make sure you get the finance/lease information as well, if people decide not to pay cash for the car. a lot of times dealerships will say a certain price of the car, but they will jack up the rate to "make up" the profit. happened to us when we shopped for our gs350
Old 12-28-07, 07:30 PM
lsauto
Driver School Candidate

I'm also new and got a a very good deal on a 74 K car at Lexus of Las Vegas with Eric Walker, internet department. PM me if you are thinking of buying at Las Vegas as well...
Old 12-28-07, 08:43 PM
lexerella
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks for the input rominl :)

Originally Posted by rominl
welcome to CL lexerella and congrats on your ride!

just another suggestion, on top of prices, also make sure you get the finance/lease information as well, if people decide not to pay cash for the car. a lot of times dealerships will say a certain price of the car, but they will jack up the rate to "make up" the profit. happened to us when we shopped for our gs350
Thanks for the input, that makes a lot of sense. We paid cash for it.
Also, noticed that you know a lot about the NAV override on the LS460. This car is perfect. I love it. I would be grateful if you could please help on the NAV override.
Old 12-28-07, 09:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by lexerella
Thanks for the input, that makes a lot of sense. We paid cash for it.
Also, noticed that you know a lot about the NAV override on the LS460. This car is perfect. I love it. I would be grateful if you could please help on the NAV override.
no problem at all, glad to help.

the override module i have is from prestigious society. you can email chung@prestigioussociety.com about it. they had a GB but it's over, but i know they can still import it.
Old 12-29-07, 04:38 AM
vollandt
Driver

Originally Posted by lexerella
Hi everyone:

I am a newbie to the forum. I got a lot of valuable information about the LS on this forum. I wanted to report the deal I got on the LS 460. I basically emailed 10 dealerships around my house and told them the car I wanted.

LS 460, SWB, ML/NAV/Comfort Plus...basically the $74,000 MSRP car. I told them that I am willing to pay $1,000 over invoice.

1.) We got one dealer at $1,800 over invoice. (Longo)
2.) Dealer #2 at $1,500 over invoice (Lexus Carlsbad)
3.) Dealer #3 at $1,000 over invoice (Crown Lexus)

Please ping me if you'd like the contact names of the people at the above dealerships. I will post pictures of the new LS 460, it is black on black and gorgeous. I love the lines on this car.
To get the price down as tight as possible, I'd do exactly as lexerella, come up with an exact configuration, and basically hold a reverse auction with all the lexus dealers in your area. You may be able to get a little more action if you have more than one color choice..

Once you get an agreed to price down as tight as possible, if you have good credit, consider wrapping that great price into a lease deal. Lexus is doing 5.5apr on monthly, and 4.5apr on one payment lease for people that qualify for tear 1+. Also the residuals that you pay down to isn’t as high as actual market value by my estimate. This translates into an approximately 5k subsidy should you go by the lease program and turn the car back in at the end. If you decide you want to buy it at the end, with the financing as low as it is, you are no worse off than if you had bought the car outright from the beginning. Basically at the end of my lease, I’ll have a residual of 42k on my car, and I’ll also have 42k more in my bank account than if I had bought the car outright from the beginning. In 3 years, I figure the car will only be worth about 37k on the open market, if that’s true, I can walk away and lexus it’s 5k difference. If anything goes wrong with the lease, ie I wreck the car, it get’s stolen, I run up the miles too high, want to end the lease early, I effectively have to own the car and realize the full depreciation – again, this is no worse if I had purchased the car outright from the beginning.
Old 12-29-07, 11:55 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

I think I am losing my mind! I can't decide between a LS460L or an Escalade ESV?!?!?! Is this really a decision? This is a ridiculous set of choices and I have no idea how it happened but I am seriously torn between the two!

LS460L - luxurious, smooth, powerful, quiet, perfect upgrade from my GS350.
Escalade ESV - badass truck that is reasonably powerful, smooth and quiet. I think the ESV will definitely be a sacrifice in on highway ride and wind noise but the kids seem to love it and I like the idea of having that much space again (seriously miss the room in my Denali XL).

I need to see a shrink, I have serious issues!
Old 12-30-07, 12:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
I think I am losing my mind! I can't decide between a LS460L or an Escalade ESV?!?!?! Is this really a decision? This is a ridiculous set of choices and I have no idea how it happened but I am seriously torn between the two!

LS460L - luxurious, smooth, powerful, quiet, perfect upgrade from my GS350.
Escalade ESV - badass truck that is reasonably powerful, smooth and quiet. I think the ESV will definitely be a sacrifice in on highway ride and wind noise but the kids seem to love it and I like the idea of having that much space again (seriously miss the room in my Denali XL).

I need to see a shrink, I have serious issues!
lol, that's so different i don't even know what to tell you man. good luck!
Old 12-30-07, 11:05 AM
tennisstar
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

got mine for 2K over invoice at local dealer....i think it was a good deal back in August, could've gotten it for 1K over, but would have had to incur shipping expense or airline+travel time expense as the vehicle was out of state....so i gave the local dealer a chance to get the sale for an extra 1K to save me the hassle....they took the offer....

Quick Reply: Considering making a move, what is a good discount off MSRP on a LS460?