LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Could you LS guys help me clear something up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-07, 10:30 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
do you have pictures of his car interior? the rear seats with the foot rest up? and also the massage controller? buttons on the rear armrest do not mean massage, it has its own controller. and as far as i know the rear massage seat is ONLY available in 4 seat configuration. it just does not exist with 5 seat configuration at all. it's not a matter of custom order or not

having reclinable rear seats doesn't mean having massage seats though. reclinable rear seats are available on a lot of ls460l

for example my ls460l is 2nd top of the line, it has pretty much everything in the rear including reclinable seats, but there is no massage seat / RSES
I do not have interior pictures, but he does have the massage feature in his 5 seater. It unexpectedly came with the cooler behind the rear center armrest, and has a smaller trunk than the standard 'L'. I have not seen a 600HL trunk to compare his to, so I cannot compare to that. His car also has a second set of driver accessible controls for the front passenger seat (in addition to the controls behind the right front seat, for the right rear passenger). I do not know if this is standard on all "L's", but it was the first time I noticed them. From the sticker price I gather his is either unique or rare.
Old 12-27-07, 12:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Dave
I do not have interior pictures, but he does have the massage feature in his 5 seater. It unexpectedly came with the cooler behind the rear center armrest, and has a smaller trunk than the standard 'L'. I have not seen a 600HL trunk to compare his to, so I cannot compare to that. His car also has a second set of driver accessible controls for the front passenger seat (in addition to the controls behind the right front seat, for the right rear passenger). I do not know if this is standard on all "L's", but it was the first time I noticed them. From the sticker price I gather his is either unique or rare.
smaller trunk and the cooler, they are both available for ls460l with rear seats upgrades, which also includes rear seats AC as well. the ls460l with smaller trunks (not necessarily massage seats) has pretty much the same trunk as 600hl

when you said there are 2nd set of driver accessible controls for front passenger seat, where are they located? what are they for?

and just curious, you have tried the massage? you have a separate controller providing the shiatsu massage? not using any buttons on the rear center armrest right?

you said the sticker price is unique, how much what that? 85k? 94k?
Old 12-27-07, 08:52 AM
astrotoy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the regular 460L Exec Class, there is a second set of controls for moving the passenger seat forward and back (and up and down) on the side of the passenger seat facing the driver. This allows the driver to move the passenger seat (useful when the rear right passenger gets out without having moved the front seat back into the normal position.

The massage control (both Shiatsu and Stretch) is a separate portable unit. Does the right rear seat have an ottoman to put your feet up? The controls for that are in the central rear panel and would have to be in a different location to accommodate a fifth seat.

My 2007 Exec class had a sticker of slightly over $94K. The 2008's have a sticker of $500 more. I would be surprised if Lexus were to make a custom model with a fifth seat for the same price. My only surmise is that the model exists for other markets (than the US) - since the engineering to do a unique model would be very expensive.
Old 12-27-07, 09:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well the thing is i have yet to see or hear a ls460/600 anywhere else in the world with the massage and not on a 4 seat configuration. it doesn't exist from my understanding. in some countries you can get the RSES without the 4 seat cofiguration, but the massage has always been only on 4 seat cars
Old 12-27-07, 10:06 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Pictures showing details of the car is in order to prove that such a configuration for the LS exist anywhere in the world, anyone ?
Old 12-27-07, 10:38 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
smaller trunk and the cooler, they are both available for ls460l with rear seats upgrades, which also includes rear seats AC as well. the ls460l with smaller trunks (not necessarily massage seats) has pretty much the same trunk as 600hl

when you said there are 2nd set of driver accessible controls for front passenger seat, where are they located? what are they for?

and just curious, you have tried the massage? you have a separate controller providing the shiatsu massage? not using any buttons on the rear center armrest right?

you said the sticker price is unique, how much what that? 85k? 94k?
The additional seat controls in my brothers car are as Astrotoy described, along the left side of the front passenger seat near the top of the seatback. There is a seperate controller for the massage function. Only the right rear seat has the massage, although both rear seats will recline. My brother said the sticker was about $95K. He is extremely busy, I will ask him about some pictures, but in the past, he has never taken any. I may be able to get him to send me a scan of his window sticker when he returns home from his Christmas trip. Will let you know.

Also, I want to make it clear that I am respectful of everyone's level of knowledge re the 460L (much higher than mine), and I am not trying to be disruptive. My brother said the reason for the special order was to get all the Exec features, except for the work desk, as he frequently has 5 in the car on weekend trips and vacations.
Old 12-27-07, 11:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

The additional seat controls in my brothers car are as Astrotoy described, along the left side of the front passenger seat near the top of the seatback. There is a seperate controller for the massage function. Only the right rear seat has the massage, although both rear seats will recline. My brother said the sticker was about $95K. He is extremely busy, I will ask him about some pictures, but in the past, he has never taken any. I may be able to get him to send me a scan of his window sticker when he returns home from his Christmas trip. Will let you know.

Also, I want to make it clear that I am respectful of everyone's level of knowledge re the 460L (much higher than mine), and I am not trying to be disruptive. My brother said the reason for the special order was to get all the Exec features, except for the work desk, as he frequently has 5 in the car on weekend trips and vacations.
Originally Posted by astrotoy
On the regular 460L Exec Class, there is a second set of controls for moving the passenger seat forward and back (and up and down) on the side of the passenger seat facing the driver. This allows the driver to move the passenger seat (useful when the rear right passenger gets out without having moved the front seat back into the normal position.

personally i am really interested in seeing pictures of such a car, because it will be the first i have ever seen on the ls460 (talk about the whole world). please don't take it offensively, i am sincere about seeing pictures of it

regarding the buttons, actually it's not exclusive to ls460l with exec package. my ls460l also have those buttons on the side of passenger wheels

350dave, i am surprised though, if the msrp is also 95k, that's way too expensive for what your brother get (lack of the whole center console including the full RSES)?
Old 12-28-07, 12:03 AM
sbdan
Driver School Candidate

The additional seat controls in my brothers car are as Astrotoy described, along the left side of the front passenger seat near the top of the seatback.
hi,

these buttons are also on the SWB models. my "74" car has them to adjust the front passenger seat from the driver's position...
Old 12-28-07, 01:34 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default A few pics...

Old 12-28-07, 11:03 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

rominl
No offense taken. I did not mean to imply that the extra seat controls indicated an exec model, just that they are present in my brothers car.
I will try to get some pictures (won't happen soon, sorry), and a scan of the window sticker.
The control panel in Burnabys pictures look similar to the controls that exist in the fold down center rear armrest of my brothers car...