LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Need help on ML options

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-07, 05:56 AM
jmbaker3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on ML options

About to make a purchase of an LS 460 . Seems the local dealers in my area, Annapolis/Baltimore are bringing in numerous cars with fewer options. The car I am looking at retails around 67k, which includes basic items, sorry, don't have them in front of me to share. The radio is the standard Lexus version, which eliminates about 3900 dollars more on the price, if you want the ML. With the ML they require you take the $500.00 pkg. feature. The are offering me $5,000 off this price without even sitting down and putting on paper, so not sure if they are going to try and hit me for addl. dollars for make ready etc... However, my question is... should I worry about wanting to buy with the ML radio and hard drive...or stay the course with the cheaper car.

Sorry, my info. here is not 100%... the Lexus website is useless.
Old 12-23-07, 08:07 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbaker3
However, my question is... should I worry about wanting to buy with the ML radio and hard drive...or stay the course with the cheaper car.
That's just yout preference, whether you want to pay more for a better sound system. IMO, the ML is worth it, but maybe you should ask them to demonstrate the sound in a car with the ML compared to a car without it, & see whether the regular Lexus stereo is good enough for you ?
Old 12-23-07, 10:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yes, i think asking for a demo is the key. don't look at the price tag first, go sit in two ls460 with and without the ml audio and see how you like it. bring your favorite cds or dvd-v dvd-a and test it out.

on other lexus models, honestly i might be able to live without the ml, but the ml system on the ls460 is classified as the mark levinson reference audio (none of the other ml system on other lexus models get this title). it's one of the best out there and it's far superior to any of the other ml systems on other lexus. to me the extra money is WELL worth it
Old 12-23-07, 11:05 AM
jmbaker3
Driver School Candidate

thanks...I think I am going to ask them to see if they can locate an incominig vehicle, which is fresh on the ground with the stereo system... never know how much it might be worth at resale time, not to mention just plain enjoyment. here is the option:

Voice-activated HDD Navigation System with backup camera, Bluetooth® technology, XM® Satellite Radio and real-time traffic capability
Additional Options:
- Comfort Package
- Intuitive Parking Assist
- Power door closers and power rear trunk
Old 12-23-07, 10:49 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl

on other lexus models, honestly i might be able to live without the ml, but the ml system on the ls460 is classified as the mark levinson reference audio (none of the other ml system on other lexus models get this title).

I have the humble ES350 UL, and have compared the ML quite favorably with the ML in my brothers 95K stickered '07 460L. The slight extra wind noise his car has likely makes up that little difference to me, (of course, i am slightly jealous).

it's one of the best out there and it's far superior to any of the other ml systems on other lexus. to me the extra money is WELL worth it
To me, the extra money was well worth it, also. I guess that is why Lexus makes more than 1 model.
Old 12-24-07, 08:35 AM
lexus111
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my LS460L for a year now and I have the ML system. I would DEFINITELY buy this car with the ML system. I would not buy it without it!!! It is that good to me IMO. I agree that you should try it for your self since everyone has a different level of hearing... some hear more highs some don't and everyone likes a little different type of music. So try it out for yourself. The ML system gives you the ability to purchase the overide... I am not sure if they finished trying the overide on a non-ML system yet.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 12-24-07, 01:30 PM
jmbaker3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexus111
I have had my LS460L for a year now and I have the ML system. I would DEFINITELY buy this car with the ML system. I would not buy it without it!!! It is that good to me IMO. I agree that you should try it for your self since everyone has a different level of hearing... some hear more highs some don't and everyone likes a little different type of music. So try it out for yourself. The ML system gives you the ability to purchase the overide... I am not sure if they finished trying the overide on a non-ML system yet.

Good luck with your decision.
what's the overide?
Old 12-24-07, 03:15 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

what's the overide?
Read : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=313365
Old 12-25-07, 06:03 PM
jmbaker3
Driver School Candidate

Well it seems different regions of the country the car comes equipped with different option packages... looks like I can get what I want in Palm Beach, if I buy in the Baltimore area I have to get the Advance Parking and some other options.
Old 12-26-07, 08:32 AM
tennisstar
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

About to make a purchase of an LS 460 . Seems the local dealers in my area, Annapolis/Baltimore are bringing in numerous cars with fewer options. The car I am looking at retails around 67k, which includes basic items, sorry, don't have them in front of me to share. The radio is the standard Lexus version, which eliminates about 3900 dollars more on the price, if you want the ML. With the ML they require you take the $500.00 pkg. feature. The are offering me $5,000 off this price without even sitting down and putting on paper, so not sure if they are going to try and hit me for addl. dollars for make ready etc... However, my question is... should I worry about wanting to buy with the ML radio and hard drive...or stay the course with the cheaper car.

Sorry, my info. here is not 100%... the Lexus website is useless.
don't get the ML option!!! you will get spoiled and have to upgrade what you thought was a damn good Home Theatre setup!!!! it's that good!! (damn you ML!)

and trust me, i've spent ~20K on my HT gear and it still doesn't quite satisfy me yet.....