LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Our long trip driving experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-07, 11:58 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Our long trip driving experience

This past Saturday, my wife and I and the cat drove for over 600 miles to the Detroit area to visit our daughter and son-in-law for the Holidays and also await the birth of our first grandchild. It was by far the most pleasurable driving experience I have ever had. The driving seemed effortless on my new LS460L. Without a doubt this car is a big step up from my 2004 LS430 (and the LS 430 was very nice). Everything on it is an upgrade from the previous model. The seating is very comfortable. The radar cruise control is definitely improved. The LS430 was quiet but the new LS is actually more quiet. There was absolutely no hint of wind noise even though we had some strong cross winds during the trip. The variable suspension is really great. I drive on the comfort mode most of the time, but it is fun to switch back and forth. The trip was taken with dealer mounted blizzak snow tires. I got an average of 27 mpg in spite of cross winds at times and also fairly chilly temperatures. I imagine, the gas mileage will be even better with all season tires and also after the car has a few thousand miles on it.

It was SO much fun playing with all the "toys" during the trip. I love the XM radio with live traffic updates. The Mark Levinson system is absolutely spectacular. My wife and relatives are very impressed. My son (met us here from Seattle), who is an expert on sound (is a musician), said that this is definitely the best sound system he has ever heard on any vehicle and in fact rivals stadium seating theater surround sound. We played (while parked of course) an action movie DVD and my son was blown away by the sound. Importing songs into the hard drive from my favorite CD's is a piece of cake and I cannot detect any difference in quality between the CD and the hard drive. I know that I will be using HDD a lot.

BTW, I am very glad that I special ordered it so that I have the full size (18cf) trunk. We packed it with what seemed like a "zillion" packages.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Last edited by PatsSoxfan; 12-25-07 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-25-07, 02:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

nice review there! glad that you and your family are enjoying the car!

happy holidays!
Old 12-25-07, 03:17 PM
MarkW2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow! the LS 460 is that impressive? I've been thinking about getting one in 2008.

You're a Pats fan? They're one win away from a perfect season. Right now they're 15-0. I’m looking forward to the Pats-Giants game on the 29th.

Last edited by MarkW2005; 12-25-07 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-25-07, 04:57 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MarkW2005
wow! the LS 460 is that impressive? I've been thinking about getting one in 2008.

You're a Pats fan? They're one win away from a perfect season. Right now they're 15-0. I’m looking forward to the Pats-Giants game on the 29th.
Yes indeed. The car IS that impressive.

I've been a Red Sox and Patriots fan probably before you were born. It was extremely agonizing for decades to be a Red Sox fan (so many incredibly close calls and failure) and then 2004 changed everything. I remember back in 2004 after the Red Sox won for the first time in 86 years that folks (especially Yankee fans) were saying it would be another 86 years before the Red Sox won the World Series again. Ya right! As for the Patriots, do you remember a few years ago when people were saying that there would be no dynasty in the NFL anymore due the salary cap, etc? Well, the Patriots showed the world that a dynasty can still be a reality with the right organization, the right coach, and the right QB. I have been saying for the past several years that as long as the Pats have Bill Belichik and Tom Brady that they will be Super Bowl contenders every year. I do believe that they will attain perfection this season at 19 and 0 and shatter all records. Yes it is heavenly to be a fan of New England big league sports recently. It seems like the sport gods are making up for all the agony of the past.
Old 12-25-07, 07:08 PM
ccds
Driver

Yes the 460 is a great car to own and drive!

I enjoy mine.

Old 12-25-07, 11:13 PM
MarkW2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
Yes indeed. The car IS that impressive.

I've been a Red Sox and Patriots fan probably before you were born. It was extremely agonizing for decades to be a Red Sox fan (so many incredibly close calls and failure) and then 2004 changed everything. I remember back in 2004 after the Red Sox won for the first time in 86 years that folks (especially Yankee fans) were saying it would be another 86 years before the Red Sox won the World Series again. Ya right! As for the Patriots, do you remember a few years ago when people were saying that there would be no dynasty in the NFL anymore due the salary cap, etc? Well, the Patriots showed the world that a dynasty can still be a reality with the right organization, the right coach, and the right QB. I have been saying for the past several years that as long as the Pats have Bill Belichik and Tom Brady that they will be Super Bowl contenders every year. I do believe that they will attain perfection this season at 19 and 0 and shatter all records. Yes it is heavenly to be a fan of New England big league sports recently. It seems like the sport gods are making up for all the agony of the past.
I've been thinking about the LS 460 for some time. The more I read into it, the more I like it.

The Red Sox won the world series 7 times. They also won the 2004 and 2007 series. Between 1919 up until 2004, they didn't win anything. Babe Ruth and Ted William were some of the greats that were red soxes.

Now its cubbies turn to make baseball history! LOL

The Patriots are amazing. They're like a juggernaut. The only team that can stop the Patriots are the Patriots. That's how good these guys are. They're going all the way.
Old 12-26-07, 07:57 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks for the review, glad you're so happy with the car