LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

XM Live Traffic

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-07, 11:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

rocman, i did see the screen about "updated traffic information", so that's what triggers the re-route? if so, then maybe i clicked it already

but yes, it does always shows all traffic information. it just won't tell you anything. if you move the cursor on the screen, it will show you all the red / orange / green
Old 12-28-07, 03:50 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, here is another question that has come up today. I read closely the Nav Manual on pages 118 & 119 describing th XM NavTraffic Icon and the XM NavTraffic Indicator. These icons are suppose to be on the Nav screen when traffic information has been received. Then if you touch the icon, the voice guidnace is suppose to start. I am a bit confused here. First of all, I don't think I detected any such icon on the screen. Secondly, does this icon ONLY appear if one has not activated the XM Nav Traffic options from the Menu? If so, then that would explain why I have not detected such an icon. I have had it activated since I picked up the car from the dealer the middle of the month.
Old 12-28-07, 03:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

no, my nav traffic was activated since the day the car left the dealership. i always saw the XM traffic icon right below the compass on the top left corner

i can't test it now anymore though since i didn't renew my XM. but for the 3 months, it was there all the time
Old 12-28-07, 04:37 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

romin, yes I do have that icon just below the compass, but I thought there was suppose to be another one somewhere else on the screen. At least that is what I understood from reading the manual and looking at the examples on the manual. I don't think the manual explains this very well at all. OK, is one suppose to touch this icon in order to get traffic voice guidance? Or, will the voice guidance come on automatically as long as it is activated from the Menu? One other thing: Is there a difference between the XM NavTraffic icon and the XM NavTraffic indicator? The manual made it sound like they are different "animals".

Last edited by PatsSoxfan; 12-28-07 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-29-07, 08:44 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Does anyone know the answers to my questions above? Thank you in advance.
Old 12-29-07, 09:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

umm that i might not be able to test out since i don't have the XM traffic anymore
Old 12-29-07, 09:17 AM
sbdan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
OK, is one suppose to touch this icon in order to get traffic voice guidance? Or, will the voice guidance come on automatically as long as it is activated from the Menu? One other thing: Is there a difference between the XM NavTraffic icon and the XM NavTraffic indicator? The manual made it sound like they are different "animals".
hi,

in my experience with the nav traffic, there are three times that the traffic voice guidance will announce: touching the XM icon under the compass indicator, touching the nav traffic indicator on the streets on the map, and automatically when the system discovered traffic on the route.

the two different symbols do exist. the xm icon under the compass indicator looks like the letters "XM" in a hollow font surrounded by a double border. this icon changes color from white (no traffic) to orange (use caution) to red (heavy traffic). when this is orange or red, pushing it will activate the voice traffic guidance.

the traffic indicators are yellow signs on the roads of the map itself. they are diamond shaped caution signs. if you touch one of them, the indicator centers on the map and the voice traffic guidance speaks.

i may have the terms "icon" and "indicator" backwards, but these are the two types of symbols.
Old 12-29-07, 09:36 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Daniel, you made my day. I was going "nuts" trying to make sense out of this. I wish the manual showed close-up what one of these traffic indicator signs looked like. All confusion would then have been avoided. Yes indeed. I touched one of these signs on numerous occasions and the "voice lady" gives information about what is going on at the spot of where the sign is located. I thought that there was some other kind of sign that if touched would give constant live voice updates. Thanks again!