LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H
View Poll Results: Does your LS460 have wind noise? (you can pick more than one)
YES, my 2007 LS has definite wind noise as described.
40.00%
YES, my 2008 LS has definite wind noise as described.
8.57%
NO, my 2007 LS has no wind noise as described.
5.71%
NO, my 2008 LS has no wind noise as described.
17.14%
Yes, my LS has some occasional outside swishing sounds.
45.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LS460 Wind Noise Fix (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-07, 05:51 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, they will. Mallory I'll let you know. I'm not picking the car up today though, most likely tomorrow, they were waiting on the arrival of the passenger side glass.

Last edited by Luxofreak; 07-17-07 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-17-07, 08:30 PM
garyr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is going in this Thursday. I called Lex corp because I was getting no where with my dealer. A technical rep from Lex will be there to supervise the repair. I'm getting one of those TSIB's the released early. I'll post what they exactly did.

I have a LWB so I do not get door glass so they said, so we will see. Kind of feel like a ginnie pig, my car will be the second one my dealer is doing but the first LWB. I still say the window regulator needs to be adjusted so the door glass will go up fully. Putting a piece of foam along the door glass seal is not the answer. If Lex is going in that direction they should redesign a new window seal. I do have a strong automotive repair back ground so I'm going to hold their feet to the fire and make sure this will be a permanent fix.
Old 07-18-07, 02:00 PM
thrang
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIN Break Number?

SO I picket up my LS460 yesterday - I have some wind noise around 60 MPH plus. It's not deafening at all, and is best described as a mild buffeting.

My dealer said he checked, and my VIN fell after the break point where the factory has already applied the glass/insulation fix.

First, does anyone know what the VIN break is, since I've not gotten that answered yet?

Second, I thought I read somewhere that there is a special etching on the laminated glass that is not on the standard glass - can anyone expound on that if true?

For those that had the problem, was it obvious beyond a doubt, or was it a subjective issue?

Thanks
Old 07-18-07, 02:17 PM
Mallory H.
Driver

Originally Posted by thrang
SO I picket up my LS460 yesterday - I have some wind noise around 60 MPH plus. It's not deafening at all, and is best described as a mild buffeting.

My dealer said he checked, and my VIN fell after the break point where the factory has already applied the glass/insulation fix.

First, does anyone know what the VIN break is, since I've not gotten that answered yet?

Second, I thought I read somewhere that there is a special etching on the laminated glass that is not on the standard glass - can anyone expound on that if true?

For those that had the problem, was it obvious beyond a doubt, or was it a subjective issue?

Thanks
If you have the new glass it should read laminated. The standard glass is tempered and it will read that way on the glass and yes the wind noise was obvious beyond a doubt. I do not know what the Vin brake point is but the repair was just made available this month. I would ask the dealer to show me in writing because no TSIB has been released and the TSIB gives the Vin brake point.
Old 07-18-07, 02:34 PM
thrang
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mallory H.
If you have the new glass it should read laminated. The standard glass is tempered and it will read that way on the glass and yes the wind noise was obvious beyond a doubt. I do not know what the Vin brake point is but the repair was just made available this month. I would ask the dealer to show me in writing because no TSIB has been released and the TSIB gives the Vin brake point.
It says Temperlite, not Laminated.

So I guess I'm being led around here a little bit. I let them know this - Let's see what they say.
Old 07-18-07, 02:52 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is it for certain that laminated glass is now going into all new LS models, both 460 and 460 L?
Old 07-18-07, 03:06 PM
thrang
Rookie

Originally Posted by enigma888
Is it for certain that laminated glass is now going into all new LS models, both 460 and 460 L?
Well, my dealer was trying to tell me that cars after a certain build had it done at the factory, but as Mallory pointed out, I still have Temperlite glass, not Laminated - and I picked up my car yesterday.

After I pointed this out, they are now going to do the fix - I will be bringing it in on the 30th....I'll let all know

Mallory - if you can artfully take a picture of the etching on your new glass and post it, that would be great and to clarify, your front windows say Laminated, and your rear windows still say Temperlite...?
Old 07-18-07, 03:14 PM
Nospinzone
Forum Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 333 Posts

Thanks
For the SWB its JTHBL46F775008725, and for the LWB its JTHGL46FX75003217.
Old 07-18-07, 03:44 PM
thrang
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
For the SWB its JTHBL46F775008725, and for the LWB its JTHGL46FX75003217.
the 8725 is for the earlier mirror fix, according to the number my dealer gave me - not the window fix.

Here is how he wrote it:
The 8725 car produced has the counter measured mirrors & the 38,718 car
produced has the counter measured glass & foam.
Old 07-18-07, 05:10 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Always take any dealer's word with a grain of salt.

Example: See garyr's post just above you.

I've always found that dealers are a mixed bag when it comes to TSIBs. This is probably due to a tremendous workload they are faced with, a plethora of data being fed to them by the manufacturer, and all the models and years that they service. Having said that, and because the owner is inherently the last link in a vehicle's long warranty chain, it is in your best interest to act as your own advocate by keeping yourself apprised of as much information as you can. And the best place to do so at this time is on a forum such a Club Lexus. Your problems will be over soon, as you made arguably the best choice when selecting your new LS.
Old 07-18-07, 05:50 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That was a great post!!

I now have my car back from the dealer finally. Both front windows were swapped and because we had some rain here today I can't tell yet if the wind noise problem is fixed, but I can tell one thing: The service performed was flawless. Absolutely no scratches, nothing loose, they did an **excellent** job. This experience was completely transparent for me, it looks and feels like the car has never been in the shop for the window fix.

Friday I'll post my final report here, I'll drive to the tint place (freeway included) to get the front windows tinted again.

They also performed 2 other ECU updates, one for knocking on specific conditions and the other for the hesitation on take off.

Lexus service rocks.
Old 07-18-07, 05:58 PM
thrang
Rookie

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
That was a great post!!

I now have my car back from the dealer finally. Both front windows were swapped and because we had some rain here today I can't tell yet if the wind noise problem is fixed, but I can tell one thing: The service performed was flawless. Absolutely no scratches, nothing loose, they did an **excellent** job. This experience was completely transparent for me, it looks and feels like the car has never been in the shop for the window fix.

Friday I'll post my final report here, I'll drive to the tint place (freeway included) to get the front windows tinted again.

They also performed 2 other ECU updates, one for knocking on specific conditions and the other for the hesitation on take off.

Lexus service rocks.
Do the new windows say "Laminated"?
Old 07-18-07, 06:04 PM
Nospinzone
Forum Moderator

the 8725 is for the earlier mirror fix, according to the number my dealer gave me - not the window fix.

Here is how he wrote it:
The 8725 car produced has the counter measured mirrors & the 38,718 car
produced has the counter measured glass & foam.

Yes, it is the mirror fix.
Old 07-18-07, 06:06 PM
thrang
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Yes, it is the mirror fix.
RIght, well you kind of answered my VIN break question as though you had the answer for the window issue...

No matter, fix is coming

Thanks

Last edited by thrang; 07-18-07 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-18-07, 06:14 PM
Nospinzone
Forum Moderator

RIght, well you kind of answered my VIN break question as though you had the answer for the window issue...

No matter, fix is coming

Thanks
When was your car built?

Quick Reply: LS460 Wind Noise Fix (merged threads)