LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

So, what does the LS460 owner do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-08, 04:08 AM
superLS
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im 25, a machinist for aerospace company.
Old 01-18-08, 06:52 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

I'm positive that I have the most ususual life story of anybody here. I was born in Albania. Along with my mom, I escaped from there when I was very young back in the mid 1950s. We lived in MA until 1970 when I attended grad school in the Midwest and met my wife. I am still in the Midwest (like it except I now hate winters here). I started a private weather consulting company and as of 12 years ago also evolved into an Internet Service Provider (ISP). I (along with my business partner) recently bought out a web designing and web hosting company in the area.

If I were to go into the real details of the escape and how I met my dad for the first time in MA (he could not get back into Albania since the border closed), it would boggle your mind. I should write a book about it, but I have not to this point. I love my family, my Pats, Red Sox, and my LS460L.
Old 01-18-08, 06:58 AM
jawnly211
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superGS
im 25, a machinist for aerospace company.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

boeing??????

i worked for them in the early 2000s as an electrical engineer

went back to school to get my PharmD degree.........

someone earlier said "people still need to eat"...well i say, "people will always get sick"
Old 01-18-08, 07:49 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Methodical
I'm 35, so I guess I'm still somewhat young. I'm just wondering what the
LS460 owner does for a living as it might be a field to explore. I was making great money for the past few years, but with all of the sub-prime lenders closing their doors, it's becoming pretty hard in this market. The thing that stinks is that this is all I know how to do. Well, selling cars too, but I do not want to re-visit that avenue. I'm good at sales, but with no type of college education, the majority of companies out there will frown upon an individual with no formal education It really stinks because I know that I have more field experience than most of the grads out there. What ever happened to "hands-on" experience?
It is not too late to get a college education. You are shooting yourself in the foot by not having it because it disqualifies you for so many of the better paying positions. I know it will be hard and expensive but you need to do it.
Old 01-18-08, 08:05 AM
garyr
Pole Position

Nothing for nothing guys, did you ever hear about people building lists on you. 1/4 of these guys posting don't own the car.

I see posted from time to time, what is the age of the LS driver. Where do you live.

Just my 2 cents for us real LS owners and enthusiasts, don't give out your personal info to easy.
Old 01-18-08, 08:08 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by garyr
Nothing for nothing guys, did you ever hear about people building lists on you. 1/4 of these guys posting don't own the car.

I see posted from time to time, what is the age of the LS driver. Where do you live.

Just my 2 cents for us real LS owners and enthusiasts, don't give out your personal info to easy.
This is probably a good point.
Old 01-18-08, 08:15 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by garyr

Well, nobody is giving out bank account or credit card or SS numbers here. If someone wants to use the fact I'm a retired insurance guy to build a list on me, I say knock yourself out.

Old 01-18-08, 08:33 AM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Old 01-18-08, 08:50 AM
vanlex
Rookie

Construction aggregates (which sounds sexier than sand & gravel pits) and land development. I'm 36.
Old 01-18-08, 02:49 PM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I live under a bridge downtown. Sometimes I sleep in the back seat of my 460.
Old 01-18-08, 08:38 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
You should of purchased an L if you sleep in your car. Would of given you a few more inches in the back seat.
Old 01-19-08, 08:15 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
We've been looking at bridges in our city, too. I like the open, airy feel, the high ceilings and the abundant architectural details, like exposed beams in the ceilings and the strong horizontal linearity of the designs. They tend to be spacious and have ample parking, too.

They're also "green", with lots of cross-ventilation, ample sunlight and low energy costs. And they're almost always close to major thoroughfares, so there's good access and commuting is a snap.

We've also found that there are lots of interesting people to meet in bridge communities, if you're into entertaining and socializing.

Old 01-19-08, 10:32 AM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Mike - may I add.... it also comes with a bonus feature that includes all future relocations at zero cost.
Old 01-20-08, 05:57 AM
rx4sc
Rookie

Default Pharm.D

Originally Posted by jawnly211
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

boeing??????

i worked for them in the early 2000s as an electrical engineer

went back to school to get my PharmD degree.........

someone earlier said "people still need to eat"...well i say, "people will always get sick"
hey there.....also a Pharm.D here in SoCal....
Old 01-20-08, 12:41 PM
tennisstar
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
We've been looking at bridges in our city, too. I like the open, airy feel, the high ceilings and the abundant architectural details, like exposed beams in the ceilings and the strong horizontal linearity of the designs. They tend to be spacious and have ample parking, too.

They're also "green", with lots of cross-ventilation, ample sunlight and low energy costs. And they're almost always close to major thoroughfares, so there's good access and commuting is a snap.

We've also found that there are lots of interesting people to meet in bridge communities, if you're into entertaining and socializing.

don't forget about the luau's and buffet get togethers!!!

i'm an eye doc.....come get me if you can!!! i know too many ways to make you go blind!

Quick Reply: So, what does the LS460 owner do for a living?