LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

So, what does the LS460 owner do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-08, 03:15 PM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a registered dropout from Mickey Dee University for the fourth consecutive year.
Old 02-02-08, 07:13 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, people here are more innocent?

i think the "funny" version would be pretty interesting
I'll get you a link.
Old 02-02-08, 07:24 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Interesting. When this question is asked on the Lambo forums, no one gives a real answer. But the threads are much funnier.

Here, people are more revealing. Don't know exactly what that means, but it is interesting.
Probably because those said people are in reality teenagers or early 20 year old-ers who don't in fact have the car(s) they claim to have. Either their father has one or they are just living in a dream online.

Here is an interesting, albeit eerie, topic on the BMW M5 forums that sort of deals with this issue (but really I'm just posting it for the eerie factor)

A child with the name "AmericanM5" went on claiming that as an 18 year old, he himself owned an M5 when in reality it was his father's car. How did people find out the M5 was his father's car and not his own? Read the original thread first, then read the second link afterwards:

read this first completely: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=111454

read this only after you've read the 3 pages of replies in the previous link:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=4198416&page=1
Old 02-02-08, 08:06 PM
twentyone
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
Interesting. When this question is asked on the Lambo forums, no one gives a real answer. But the threads are much funnier.

Here, people are more revealing. Don't know exactly what that means, but it is interesting.
exactly. it's so funny how different websites generate different responses to questions about money, jobs, and status. there was a thread i saw on autopia not too long ago where the guy asked what is a ballpark average of what the detailers on there make, and it was a nightmare! not saying its right or wrong but, funny how we're so comfortable talking about athletes, celebs, and corporate higher ups' salaries, yet the closer it comes down to the "common folk", the more tight lipped things get.

some of the responses on this thread are just priceless. to those that answered. that we live in a world where there can be potential repurcussions to answering the question.
Old 02-03-08, 08:06 PM
Nospinzone

Received 424 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by dmvp29
Probably because those said people are in reality teenagers or early 20 year old-ers who don't in fact have the car(s) they claim to have. Either their father has one or they are just living in a dream online.

Here is an interesting, albeit eerie, topic on the BMW M5 forums that sort of deals with this issue (but really I'm just posting it for the eerie factor)

A child with the name "AmericanM5" went on claiming that as an 18 year old, he himself owned an M5 when in reality it was his father's car. How did people find out the M5 was his father's car and not his own? Read the original thread first, then read the second link afterwards:

read this first completely: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=111454

read this only after you've read the 3 pages of replies in the previous link:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=4198416&page=1

Wow, that is really eerie.

Two things immediately come to mind. One is how can a parent allow an 18 year old out at 3:45 AM with a rocket like that? Clearly he had no performance car driving lessons.

The other thing is I wonder what kind of liability some of those posters could put themselves in. One in particular made a couple posts telling the kid about settings to get maximum performance. Just wondering what a lawyer could make out of that.
Old 02-04-08, 04:55 AM
twentyone
Lead Lap

i don't think there would be any sort of liability from those posters. not to mention, the kid said both the sales rep and mechanic co-signed the maxed out settings:
"when I took the test drive my salesmen had it set on the highest levels and told me it was fine. Even the mechanic said it was fine and that the only thing I really had to worry about was getting the services done on time. I know the salesmen pretty well as a friend and he has no reason to lie to me...plus like I said above the mechanic said there is no problem with it at all"
granted, he wasn't being straight up about who the true owner of the car was so, his post may be a lie but, i don't think even the dealer could be held responsible, even if that post were true.
Old 02-04-08, 02:38 PM
Nospinzone

I wouldn't think so either twentyone, but today anyone can sue for anything. A couple years ago there was a nightclub fire in nearby Warwick, RI, where 100 people died. Last week in the news one of the 50 civil defendants agreed to settle with the victims families for $30 million. A local TV station happened to have a cameraman there. It was claimed that their cameraman obstructed one of the exits, even though the actual video he shot showed that he never stood in the exit!

Even more bizarre, another defendant is Anheuser-Busch. What is their connection to the fire? Apparently since their beer was sold there, the families claim they are responsible. Even if they don't settle like the TV station, there is still the cost of litigation.

I could easily see a lawsuit being filed and a settlement reached. Of course if the potential defendant doesn't have deep pockets, there may be no suit at all.
Old 02-04-08, 10:08 PM
tttp5
Pole Position

that is just a very tragic story..... tragic because it happened and lives were lost..... sad and stupid because the kid was desperate to know how to drive fast....

i drove real fast once with other passengers in my car.. i can't say it was a safe situation because anytime u are going fast on the road it is not safe..... never again have i driven fast with passengers in the car on a public road... its just stupid....
the only times i ever drive fast and to the limit is on a proper race track... where the only person i can harm is myself.... its not cool to harm the lives of innocent others.
Old 02-05-08, 04:13 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Wow, that is really eerie.

Two things immediately come to mind. One is how can a parent allow an 18 year old out at 3:45 AM with a rocket like that? Clearly he had no performance car driving lessons.
Tragic. So sad for all the families and friends.

"Partially ejected" Eeewwww!!!!

Every day I see young kids speeding in rice rockets. Someone was going 100mph this morning on the local road I take to work. It's just insane.

I took my daughter to Skip Barber Teen Driving School before she got her license. Hopefully she learned lessons that can protect her someday if something bad happens. While she was there, one of the kids was doing donuts with the school car on the skid pad. One of the instructors had to run over and knock some sense into him. Amazing. At a driving school intentionally driving recklessly! Truly amazing.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread about owners occupations....
Old 02-05-08, 05:15 PM
Nospinzone

I took my daughter to Skip Barber Teen Driving School before she got her license.

Excellent! They should make that kind of instruction mandatory. I have seen some new reports that more driver's ed courses are focusing on emergency driving techniques.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread about owners occupations....

I used to steal high end vehicles, but now Lexus dealers lowball me so bad I had to go straight!
Old 02-05-08, 05:57 PM
twentyone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
I wouldn't think so either twentyone, but today anyone can sue for anything. A couple years ago there was a nightclub fire in nearby Warwick, RI, where 100 people died. Last week in the news one of the 50 civil defendants agreed to settle with the victims families for $30 million. A local TV station happened to have a cameraman there. It was claimed that their cameraman obstructed one of the exits, even though the actual video he shot showed that he never stood in the exit!

Even more bizarre, another defendant is Anheuser-Busch. What is their connection to the fire? Apparently since their beer was sold there, the families claim they are responsible. Even if they don't settle like the TV station, there is still the cost of litigation.

I could easily see a lawsuit being filed and a settlement reached. Of course if the potential defendant doesn't have deep pockets, there may be no suit at all.
true..... after mcdonalds got sued over the whole hot coffee thing, it shoulda stuck in my head that anything is possible.

for the record, i'm not an ls460 owner, but i aspire to be. for now, i'll just roll the paid for 98gs4 til the wheels fall off.
Old 02-09-08, 05:22 PM
Atlas
Rookie

Mind manipulator.
Old 02-10-08, 12:59 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc

I think it's because 98% of lambo forum posters don't own lambos.
Old 02-11-08, 11:37 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
I think it's because 98% of lambo forum posters don't own lambos.
Probably more. They've only sold about 4000 cars or so in the history of the company, plus or minus a few tractors.

On a similar topic to the thread, when someone asks me how much the car costs, I always answer, "How the heck should I know, it's stolen." No one ever says anything after that.

Some occupations I've seen listed:

".. passed the Hardees milkshake preparation exam! Flying colors that guy, he can make a chocolate malt like no one's business!"

"I'm a "fluffer" for lesbian **** videos."

"we're all CIA - this site is strictly a cover "

"I'm a Clown at the Balloon Animal Rodeo. "

"I think it's safe to say that most owners have more people under them rather than over them -
'cept for tommy - since he's FRENCH - everybody is over HIM ops: "

"I get paid to play on this site. "

"Toilet scrubber at McDonalds. "
"You got promoted. Congrats!"

"I am a Can collector, I collect them 2 at a time."

"Im Eric's supervisor at JCpenny during the week. By night, I am an **** model for Fruit of the Loom briefs."

Etc, etc, etc...
Old 02-11-08, 12:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hahahhaa that's so funny doc

gosh, guess i should be glad i haven't asked you about your lambo. i was going to ask you privately, now i have to rethink before i embarrass myself

Quick Reply: So, what does the LS460 owner do for a living?