LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Oh me... can't decide. black or silver...oh me.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-08, 04:26 PM
jmbaker3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh me... can't decide. black or silver...oh me.

Gonna buy a swb 08 but stuck on the colors of black or silver. both with black interior. I know the black on black with the chrome wheels is hot lick...but then my wife will be using vehicle as well and I know the silver will tolerate her washing it...etc. But that aside... what to do? Thoughts? I know, stupid damn question. I also remember reading a post here where the balc paint had no clearcoat.
Old 01-28-08, 04:57 PM
Nospinzone

Received 416 Likes on 322 Posts

I can't believe anyone would get black!
Old 01-28-08, 05:12 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbaker3
Gonna buy a swb 08 but stuck on the colors of black or silver. both with black interior. I know the black on black with the chrome wheels is hot lick...but then my wife will be using vehicle as well and I know the silver will tolerate her washing it...etc. But that aside... what to do? Thoughts? I know, stupid damn question. I also remember reading a post here where the balc paint had no clearcoat.
I have black/black and it looks great when clean. It is a PITA to keep clean. I was also looking at silver and liked it a lot except for the ugly looking parking sensors on the bumpers. They were very noticable. That was the biggest reason why I didn't get silver.
Old 01-28-08, 05:30 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

black on black with chrome, simple clean, and so kick ***, go with that
Old 01-28-08, 05:30 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Best solution is to split the difference and get Smoky Granite Mica. Now THERE's a good-looking color!

Old 01-28-08, 05:34 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Yeah, I'd pick Smoky Granite over black & silver too , but I would go with black between the two he mentioned.
Old 01-28-08, 05:45 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just remember it's an uphill battle trying to maintain the finish on a black car. Every swirl, chip and nick will be noticable. Silver will be much more forgiving.

That being said, it's hard to beat the look of a clean black car.
Old 01-28-08, 06:02 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Best solution is to split the difference and get Smoky Granite Mica. Now THERE's a good-looking color!

scratch what i said, sgm on blk with chrome would be kick ***, with tint too
Old 01-28-08, 06:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

if you can't keep your car clean, don't get blk
Old 01-28-08, 07:30 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I had Silver w/ Black interior, and now have black w/ black interior. Which do I prefer. Black on Black - hands down. Yes, it's a commitment to keep clean but it looks so much better than silver...even when it is dirty. The car truly stands out more and I work with 130 other staff at my work who hardly gave my car a second comment until I got the black one...I hear comments about how much they like my car all the time. In the end, I also like it much better which is the important thing. Get the clear bra on the hood/fenders and it'll be worth your investment to keep scratches off the vehicle if you get black. Good luck..hoping that helps with a guy who's had both of your choices
Old 01-28-08, 10:23 PM
mfno0od
Rookie

Black is hard to keep clean ,, Silver is Very nice and I think its better
Old 01-28-08, 11:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by acecert
I had Silver w/ Black interior, and now have black w/ black interior. Which do I prefer. Black on Black - hands down. Yes, it's a commitment to keep clean but it looks so much better than silver...even when it is dirty. The car truly stands out more and I work with 130 other staff at my work who hardly gave my car a second comment until I got the black one...I hear comments about how much they like my car all the time. In the end, I also like it much better which is the important thing. Get the clear bra on the hood/fenders and it'll be worth your investment to keep scratches off the vehicle if you get black. Good luck..hoping that helps with a guy who's had both of your choices
lol, seriously, i have a hard time hiding the car at work coz' i don't want people to notice it
Old 01-29-08, 03:43 AM
Saudi
Driver

my advice do not buy the car.
Old 01-29-08, 05:10 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

You cant go wrong with the silver/back combo
Old 01-29-08, 07:31 AM
ironhorse
Driver

my last 4 cars were silver, very easy to care for, even dirty they look clean, I went with the BLK and Cash and like everyones said it is very hard to keep up.

That said, I like the blk best, it stands out more... What ever you go with good luck.

Quick Reply: Oh me... can't decide. black or silver...oh me.