LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Verizon Transfer Phone Book Hack

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-08, 01:24 PM
tennisstar
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CEOEngr
Me too. I already have the ball rolling; convinced our bean counter to start moving our corporate accounts to AT&T. Especially since they have such a convenient world plan for our travelling workforce.
me three! that's it....the OBX transfer....forgot what it was called....gotta wait till next jan. to switch though...damn you Verizon!
Old 02-04-08, 02:17 PM
Nospinzone

Received 420 Likes on 324 Posts

I would recommend that you get a trial before you switch and make sure whatever the new service is works well in your area. I used to have AT&T years ago but I had to switch to Verizon because the AT&T coverage was so pathetic in my area.

Consumer Reports recently rated the various cell providers in many major markets and Verizon was tops in almost all of them. Verizon was best in my area and AT&T was the next to worst, and that mirrored my experience. In fact, of the 4 major providers, AT&T ranked either second or third in every market.

The lockout of some functions is annoying, but not nearly as annoying as not getting service.
Old 02-05-08, 04:35 PM
Rewster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Verizon Samsung and was able to transfer all my contacts while sitting in my 08 460 in the mall parking lot waiting for my wife. I got lucky because she only took 10 minutes to not find what she wanted. The bluetooth worked perfectly.
Old 02-05-08, 04:48 PM
Sash
Lead Lap

I don't get why so many of you are planning on switching carriers over the issue of not being able to sync your contact list. Compare not being able to easily sync your phone book to not being able to get service in half the places you go . . .

Verizon FTW
Old 02-06-08, 09:27 AM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sash
I don't get why so many of you are planning on switching carriers over the issue of not being able to sync your contact list. Compare not being able to easily sync your phone book to not being able to get service in half the places you go . . .

Verizon FTW
Why not get both the ability to synch and the ability to get service?
Old 02-06-08, 10:48 AM
Sash
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2007es350
Why not get both the ability to synch and the ability to get service?
Verizon Wireless ranks top in US coverage . . so why downgrade?
Old 02-06-08, 12:15 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007es350
For my Moto Razr, it is Verizon's issue that they block the OBX transfer capability. I called Verizon and they confirmed that they block the OBX transfer for my own protection..hahah LOL! In reality, Verizon wants me to subscribe (for more money) to their own service to back up my contacts. I'm switching to a different carrier next time around.
EXACTLY why I left Verizon Wireless and will never go back. I purchased their first Bluetooth phone (don't remember the series) some years ago and thereafter found out that it would only communicate with the wireless earpiece.
Old 02-06-08, 12:58 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sash
Verizon Wireless ranks top in US coverage . . so why downgrade?
Lucky for me, AT&T offers the same coverage for my areas of travel.
Old 02-26-08, 08:29 AM
JED
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus Phonebook Transfer for Treo xxxp

Cell phone provider should not make a difference. The transfer functionality is based on the Palm OS and has nothing to do with the carrier.
Treo 700P Transfer Process:

Lexus:
From Telephone Menu:
Select: Settings
Select: Phonebook
Select: Transfer Data
Select: Group

Hold your Treo 700p and perform the next set of procedures
From the Telephone:
Select: Contacts
Touch the space to the left of the Category Drop-Down for additional Drop-Down selections
Select: Record
Select: Send Category
It will send whatever Category is selected in your Contacts listing. (Including All) This will allow you to set up the vehicle Groupings as the are on your phone.

Transfer should take 5 to 20 seconds depending on number of records transferred.
DONE!
Old 02-26-08, 01:21 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JED
Cell phone provider should not make a difference. The transfer functionality is based on the Palm OS and has nothing to do with the carrier.
Treo 700P Transfer Process:

Lexus:
From Telephone Menu:
Select: Settings
Select: Phonebook
Select: Transfer Data
Select: Group

Hold your Treo 700p and perform the next set of procedures
From the Telephone:
Select: Contacts
Touch the space to the left of the Category Drop-Down for additional Drop-Down selections
Select: Record
Select: Send Category
It will send whatever Category is selected in your Contacts listing. (Including All) This will allow you to set up the vehicle Groupings as the are on your phone.

Transfer should take 5 to 20 seconds depending on number of records transferred.
DONE!
So you are saying if I change my treo to a palm OS, even though its Verizon it will work?
Old 02-26-08, 05:49 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My hack technique was a big foot on Verizon's a$$ - I switched to sprint, all blue tooth functionalities are enabled.
Old 02-26-08, 06:51 PM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Jed....so it seems the Treo Palm version does sync? I have the 650 version and was concerned that it wouldn't work since it wasn't listed on the list of compatible phones. Thanks for the tips on how to transfer!
Old 02-26-08, 07:17 PM
SmackDaddy
Driver School Candidate

What about a Palm Treo with Goodlink - I don't think it will transfer.
Old 02-27-08, 10:08 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just purchased a 755p and it has the Palm OS and it's terrible compared to to Windows Mobile. I'm going to have to return this POS tomorrow.
Old 02-28-08, 03:52 AM
ikey78
Driver

Originally Posted by USCRugby
I just purchased a 755p and it has the Palm OS and it's terrible compared to to Windows Mobile. I'm going to have to return this POS tomorrow.
What do you not like about it?

Quick Reply: Verizon Transfer Phone Book Hack