LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What don't you like about your LS460,460L,600h and 600hL

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-08, 11:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
you can get the LS without wood on the steering wheel?

anywhoo, i have to agree about the wood on the wheel. when making a turn, a good leather steering wheel would slide back to the original position if your holding it with some slack. when i drive the loaners, the friction between the fingers and the wood increases at the wood parts because of the laquer so it stops the wheel from turning back.

quite annoying.
it's all about getting used to, isn't it? i never have any problem
Old 02-13-08, 11:55 AM
supraguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What happened to the oscillating front, center vents seen on the LS430? A luxury touch.

Wheels could be sportier.

Rear door needs plenty of room to fully open due to "pointed" design.

TPMS does not indicate location.

No clean iPod integration.
Old 02-13-08, 12:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by supraguy
What happened to the oscillating front, center vents seen on the LS430? A luxury touch.

Wheels could be sportier.

Rear door needs plenty of room to fully open due to "pointed" design.

TPMS does not indicate location.

No clean iPod integration.
the oscillating vents is one thing i definitely do not want on the ls460. i hate wind blowing directly at me, even if it's not all the time
Old 02-13-08, 12:44 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
the oscillating vents is one thing i definitely do not want on the ls460. i hate wind blowing directly at me, even if it's not all the time
WERD!!! My contact lenses don't take well to wind blowing in them, and I hate oscillating vents.

Old 02-13-08, 12:53 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

I never liked (or used) the oscillating vents on my old '04 LS430. Don't miss 'em at all. But do miss the middle-mini-visor. Don't any of you miss it?
Old 02-13-08, 01:30 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just remembered one thing that I miss on the new LS. It is the coin holder. Why did they do way with this? This is really the only thing that I miss that I had on the 430.
Old 02-13-08, 01:40 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

some things that you guys might not know about...

*doors not having infinite stopping points (S550 has them)
*head up display (per BMW)
*night vision
*steering-wheel-mounted automatic transmission
*turn signal on side mirror
*not offering sport package (need L-tuned for LS460)
*optional headrest dvd player (per Jaguar)
*3d navigation mapping
*wheel design really does suck!

other than that, cars almost perfect...
Old 02-13-08, 02:36 PM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

some things that you guys might not know about...

I knew about all that stuff except the steering-wheel-mounted automatic transmission. When you have to change the transmission fluid, does any of it drip onto your lap?

The night vision intriques me and was one of the reasons I considered the S550. I didn't get to try it out, but I've read reviews that say its distracting. I can see how it would be, but I wouldn't mind trying it out.

I definitely wouldn't want turn signals on the side view mirrors. When I see them all I picture is a semi-tractor trailer!
Old 02-13-08, 02:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
I just remembered one thing that I miss on the new LS. It is the coin holder. Why did they do way with this? This is really the only thing that I miss that I had on the 430.
isn't there a little tray on the left side of the dash for it?

Originally Posted by daryll40
I never liked (or used) the oscillating vents on my old '04 LS430. Don't miss 'em at all. But do miss the middle-mini-visor. Don't any of you miss it?
actually, i don't recall middle mini visor. care to elaborate?

i would LOVE to have windshield display, that's no rocket science nowadays..
Old 02-13-08, 03:13 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Smile

[QUOTE=rominl;3276112]isn't there a little tray on the left side of the dash for it?

QUOTE]

romin, this is why you are a moderator and resident expert on the LS460L and I am just a pion. This will sound incredulous to you folks but I looked all over the place and I could not locate such a tray...that is until I just read romin's reply. I just went out in the garage and looked again and lo and behold I pressed the button and press-to! The tray popped out. This proves that it takes a while to learn everything there is to learn about this car. Thanks again romin!
Old 02-13-08, 03:26 PM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

Hallelujah!

Hallelujah!

Hallelujah!

Halleluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuujah!

Old 02-13-08, 03:41 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=PatsSoxfan;3276166]

QUOTE]

romin, this is why you are a moderator and resident expert on the LS460L and I am just a pion. This will sound incredulous to you folks but I looked all over the place and I could not locate such a tray...that is until I just read romin's reply. I just went out in the garage and looked again and lo and behold I pressed the button and press-to! The tray popped out. This proves that it takes a while to learn everything there is to learn about this car. Thanks again romin!
I still don't know what my LS 430 has to offer, let alone the 600hL! LOL I just get in and drive.

But I do like the fact that you guys get the gas tank/washing machine/trunk option! LOL
Old 02-13-08, 05:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

[QUOTE=PatsSoxfan;3276166]

QUOTE]

hahhaa, no problem at all pat glad to help

think of it this way, your car is worth more (maybe tiny bit) for the money now
Old 02-13-08, 07:21 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

I don't particularly care for the nav lockout (which the override has been very helpful in overcoming) in addition to the menu tree for accomplishing tasks through voice. For instance, you can set the car to have her not do the initial prompt but from that point she directs you and you have to keep hitting the talk switch over and over to finally get to your accomplished task (I hit it right when she starts talking and interrupt so that it speeds things up). That is one thing I miss about my 7 series BMW...once you designated the initial command it prompted you and did the "ding" prompt all on it's own from that point forward...you never hit the talk switch again and again. Btw...because you need to hit that talk switch and if you are in the middle of making any turns while needing to do so, it's kinda hard where it's located because it turns with the wheel. If Lexus wants us to use the voice system for safety as they have locked out the nav unit to push you that direction, then both the talk switch needs to be moved from the underneath side of the wheel and the software could be drastically enhanced to cut down on how much you have to use that talk switch.
Old 02-14-08, 07:12 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by acecert
I don't particularly care for the nav lockout (which the override has been very helpful in overcoming) in addition to the menu tree for accomplishing tasks through voice. For instance, you can set the car to have her not do the initial prompt but from that point she directs you and you have to keep hitting the talk switch over and over to finally get to your accomplished task (I hit it right when she starts talking and interrupt so that it speeds things up). That is one thing I miss about my 7 series BMW...once you designated the initial command it prompted you and did the "ding" prompt all on it's own from that point forward...you never hit the talk switch again and again. Btw...because you need to hit that talk switch and if you are in the middle of making any turns while needing to do so, it's kinda hard where it's located because it turns with the wheel. If Lexus wants us to use the voice system for safety as they have locked out the nav unit to push you that direction, then both the talk switch needs to be moved from the underneath side of the wheel and the software could be drastically enhanced to cut down on how much you have to use that talk switch.
I drove a new Mercedes C-class at one of their events a couple of months ago, and I noticed the M-B nav is the same as your BMW ... no need to keep pressing the talk button - it just prompts you and you speak the next part of the command sequence. If you get interrupted, you just say "Pause" and it waits for you to push the button again and resume.

That's cool.

Quick Reply: What don't you like about your LS460,460L,600h and 600hL