LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Navigation System version Upgrade 0.6.1 to 0.7.1 LS460 2007

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-08, 02:45 PM
sharapov
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Navigation System version Upgrade 0.6.1 to 0.7.1 LS460 2007

So I had my 5,000 miles maintenance over the weekend at Lexus dealership. I asked one of the technicians to upgrade my Navigation System from 0.6.1 witch came with my 07 LS460 to 0.7.1 that I have been reading in this forum. At first he try to stick it to my by saying that upgrades like that require an upgrade fee. I told him, however, that accord to Lexus' Technical Information Services Bulletin, GPS navigation updates are free for 4 years and should be performed as regular maintenance once every quarter. He told me that he is going to look into this. He went somewhere and came back a few minutes later saying that there is no update available from 0.6.1 to 0.7.1! Can somebody point me to a place where I can find official information about this update?

Thank you
Old 02-18-08, 03:52 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sharapov
So I had my 5,000 miles maintenance over the weekend at Lexus dealership. I asked one of the technicians to upgrade my Navigation System from 0.6.1 witch came with my 07 LS460 to 0.7.1 that I have been reading in this forum. At first he try to stick it to my by saying that upgrades like that require an upgrade fee. I told him, however, that accord to Lexus' Technical Information Services Bulletin, GPS navigation updates are free for 4 years and should be performed as regular maintenance once every quarter. He told me that he is going to look into this. He went somewhere and came back a few minutes later saying that there is no update available from 0.6.1 to 0.7.1! Can somebody point me to a place where I can find official information about this update?

Thank you
Can you point me to a place that says the map upgrades are free for 4 years???

Old 02-18-08, 04:40 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to ClubLexus, sharapov!

Here is a thread detailing members' experiences with upgrading to 7.1:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=317363

I am not aware of any 'free for 4 years' update program however.
Old 02-18-08, 06:04 PM
wickedt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by encore888
I am not aware of any 'free for 4 years' update program however.
Possibly thinking for 'Gracenote' updates?
Old 02-18-08, 06:05 PM
sbdan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my understanding is that "nav" upgrades are not included in any warranty. but upgrades to the CDDB database for the HDD system ARE included. this may be the point of confusion...
Old 02-18-08, 06:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

bottom line, nav updates are NOT under any time of warranty or free, and technically you have to pay for it. it's a fact for years on lexus. but some dealership does the upgrades as good will courtesy to their customers.
Old 02-18-08, 06:39 PM
lwilliams
Driver School Candidate

Nav upgrades may not be free but let me tell you something. I bought my car new 1 month ago last week and I took it in to try and get the 7.1 update and they wanted to charge me 495.00 and I told them it should have come with it since it's a new car. They disagreed.
That is not right!!
Old 02-18-08, 07:30 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lwilliams
Nav upgrades may not be free but let me tell you something. I bought my car new 1 month ago last week and I took it in to try and get the 7.1 update and they wanted to charge me 495.00 and I told them it should have come with it since it's a new car. They disagreed.
That is not right!!
If you bought your car a month ago and it came with 6.1, it must be an '07, since it's our understanding all '08's came from the factory with 7.1.

And since the '07's came with 6.1, Lexus is under no obligation to upgrade your car to the same thing that the '08's have. If so, they'd have the same obligation to people who bought '07's in April of last year, or September, or June. It's like when you buy version "X" of any other software, while version "Y" is already on the shelves.

The map data - and updates - are actually supplied by a 3rd party, and someone has to pay for them. I'm fairly sure Lexus buys a bunch of them under a license agreement, but they are within their rights to pass the cost along to you and others who upgrade.

One comforting thought for you is that people report the main changes they see are the elimination of the Agree screen and a few minor updates to maps and POI's. Nothing dramatic.

Old 02-18-08, 08:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by lwilliams
That is not right!!
if it's not in the book, it's not right? what's not right? you agreed to the terms
Old 02-19-08, 09:03 AM
Barrynsh
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
bottom line, nav updates are NOT under any time of warranty or free, and technically you have to pay for it. it's a fact for years on lexus. but some dealership does the upgrades as good will courtesy to their customers.

Cadillac provides 3 years of upgrade for free after purchasing a new car. Maybe they do add the price in up front but maybe Lexus ought to do the same.
Old 02-19-08, 10:54 AM
garyr
Pole Position

Grace note upgrades are free, that is the part of the nav software that identifies the music artist on the CD or XM station.

The Nav system or maps upgraded Lex charges you for. My experience is they will do it one time for free or good will. Call Lex corp and ask.

When they upgrade the nav software they wipe out any saved phone book info. The HDD songs do stay on the hard drive.
Old 02-19-08, 01:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Barrynsh
Cadillac provides 3 years of upgrade for free after purchasing a new car. Maybe they do add the price in up front but maybe Lexus ought to do the same.
i disagree. other manufacturer does it doesn't mean lexus should just go and do it. bmw has 4 yrs free maintenance, lexus doesn't have it. it's cool to have, but if that means another 4000 bucks more on the price of the car, i'd pass

personally i don't see myself in the need of nav upgrade, why should i pay the price ahead of time
Old 02-19-08, 02:17 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

I got the nav upgrade provided by my dealer for free as a goodwill gesture. The nav upgrade was much needed for me....I don't need to hit the "I Agree" button anymore.
Old 01-31-13, 02:43 PM
hjhood
Driver School Candidate

Default Transfer LS460 Phone List to New LS460

Is it possible to transfer the data contained in the 2007 LS460 GPS to a new 2013 LS460 GPS?

If so, is this something a technical guru can do easily?

Has anyone done it, and has the procedures written up and hopefully produced a youtube version?

Thanks . . .
Old 01-31-13, 03:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i don't think it will be that simple. they are two different systems

Quick Reply: Navigation System version Upgrade 0.6.1 to 0.7.1 LS460 2007