LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Audio and Bluetooth questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-08, 06:46 AM
twentworth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio and Bluetooth questions

I have two usability issues with my 460.

1) I want the audio screen to stay on until I select something else. It's annoying to always have to press the audio button to get back to the audio screen. Is there a way to make the audio screen say on and not reset after a few seconds?

2) My wife and I both drive the car and we each have a Bluetooth phone. It seems the 460 won't automatically detect which phone is present therefore we have to manually select the phone. My 2005 Acura RL will automatically detect multiple phones, seems strange that the 460 doesnt. Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks-
Old 02-21-08, 07:49 AM
onepointon
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 49 Posts

1.) Hit the "Info", then "Screen Settings". The option to automatically switch screens should be in there. Turn it "Off".

2.) I was unsure about this issue myself. I went and asked one of my DS's, and he had to think about it. We messed around with a vehicle in the shop and it looks like there is no option to do what you want it to do. The question he asked is "what if both of you get into the vehicle, what will it do then?". It looks like the vehicle is not capible of doing this. The vehicle does Auto detect your phone whenever you were the last person in the vehicle, correct?

Hope this helps.
Old 02-21-08, 08:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

correct, there is no way to automatically detect multiple phones, you have to choose it from the menu. but yes, it will detect the last phone used on the car when you start it the next time

there was a thread about this earlier about the bluetooth and people questioned it. someone brought up the scenarios of multiple phones in the car as well. is it done by priorities on the RL?
Old 02-21-08, 09:22 AM
twentworth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
correct, there is no way to automatically detect multiple phones, you have to choose it from the menu. but yes, it will detect the last phone used on the car when you start it the next time

there was a thread about this earlier about the bluetooth and people questioned it. someone brought up the scenarios of multiple phones in the car as well. is it done by priorities on the RL?
Yeah, the RL uses priorities. You set a priority when you pair the phone. In many ways, the electronics on the 2005 RL are superior to the 460.
Old 02-21-08, 02:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by twentworth
Yeah, the RL uses priorities. You set a priority when you pair the phone. In many ways, the electronics on the 2005 RL are superior to the 460.
yup, i think that would be a nice setup

just wonder, what other electronics on the RL are superior to the 460?
Old 02-21-08, 04:57 PM
twentworth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
yup, i think that would be a nice setup

just wonder, what other electronics on the RL are superior to the 460?
The Navigation is far more usable. It's a click wheel but easy to figure out and the flow for setting a destination makes more sense than the 460. I hate that it makes me start with the street address first. Oh, and you can use it while driving :-)

XM Radio integration is a bit more user friendly. Easier to skip to new categories (sports, news, talk, etc).

I don't have "LexisLink" but all RLs come with Acuralink, which notifies you of recalls, service bulletins, service appointments, etc.