LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Black Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-08, 06:10 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Along with all the other reasons FOR choosing Black interior, it is also the most popular interior color on the LS by far (see: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=250205). So I would expect it would help with resale/trade-in value.
Old 03-06-08, 07:14 AM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I know I'll have many people that will reply that I'm getting a poor deal, or how they got more off, but since I have rarely gotten this dealership to "deal" much, I'm pretty satisfied. I haven't signed the deal yet, but the package I'm looking at is the MSRP package of $71,935. This has the Adv Parking Guidance System and the Lexus Link (I didn't want either), but the other package they are now coming with where those aren't included don't have the Mark Levinson System, which I do want. Anyway, with that said, I've got an offer of $64,997. Again, I realize some might say that is still too high, but I feel comfortable with it. I did see the Smoky w/ black interior and it is sharp! Thanks again for those with thoughts on the black interior.
Old 03-06-08, 08:36 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jlawr
Along with all the other reasons FOR choosing Black interior, it is also the most popular interior color on the LS by far (see: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=250205). So I would expect it would help with resale/trade-in value.
I dunno ... I've seen jlawr's Black/Black LS and when I looked inside I felt like that little girl who fell down the abandoned well a few years ago.

(Okay, I'm just giving Joel a hard time. )

Old 03-06-08, 08:46 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Talking

Mike, men like Black on Black. I'm sorry you feel like a girl. Have a great day -- sweetie LOL !!!

Ok, ok -- if I can take a joke -- so can you?
Old 03-06-08, 09:14 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Mike, men like Black on Black. I'm sorry you feel like a girl. Have a great day -- sweetie LOL !!!

Ok, ok -- if I can take a joke -- so can you?
Actually, it's not bad - except for that part about having to sit down to tinkle.

Old 03-06-08, 12:12 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

And another thing Mike (is that short for Mikala or Michelle?), so that was what the stain was on your Alabaster driver's seat. Tee Hee (or is it Tee Tee?)

I don't have that problem on my Black Leather!
Old 03-06-08, 12:15 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

And another thing Mike (is that short for Mikala or Michelle?), so that was what the stain was on your Alabaster driver's seat. Tee Hee (or is it Tee Tee?)

I don't have that problem on my Black Leather!
So you're basically saying your tee-tee doesn't show on your black leather?

I can see how that could be a real bonus for you.

Oh, and you can just call me Mikey.

Old 03-06-08, 12:19 PM
McRib
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clemgrad85
I know I'll have many people that will reply that I'm getting a poor deal, or how they got more off, but since I have rarely gotten this dealership to "deal" much, I'm pretty satisfied. I haven't signed the deal yet, but the package I'm looking at is the MSRP package of $71,935. This has the Adv Parking Guidance System and the Lexus Link (I didn't want either), but the other package they are now coming with where those aren't included don't have the Mark Levinson System, which I do want. Anyway, with that said, I've got an offer of $64,997. Again, I realize some might say that is still too high, but I feel comfortable with it. I did see the Smoky w/ black interior and it is sharp! Thanks again for those with thoughts on the black interior.
I would do a little more shopping, I had around the same ballpark figure but the package 64k I was looking at was 72k MSRP. You can definetely get 500-1000 off iwth very little hassle. I don't want to say your deal sucks since mine are close so far but I would haggle a little more.
Old 03-06-08, 01:41 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i live in AZ and it's 120F during summer, and guess what, there is no other interior color that I will even consider besides black.
Old 03-06-08, 03:07 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by clemgrad85
That isn't a deal.

I got one with the ML sound system and stuff 64,000 out the door and that's a SC tax of 300
Old 03-23-08, 01:47 PM
mmorozov
Driver

I live in San Diego, so it doesn't get any more "south". I have a black-on-black LS460 and before I had a black-on-black Infiniti Q45. While the Q had some trouble cooling down the interior in direct sunlight, it was never a problem in LS. The ***-conditioner cools the seats down very fast.
Old 03-23-08, 04:44 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Believe me you got a steal compared to what I got. Then again, I didn't really do much "research" before purchasing so I suppose it's my fault, but that's ok.

I got an LS 460 SWB no ML, no nav, no advanced parking, with bluetooth for $67,000 before my trade in (I did get the basic "comfort package" though.

Comfort Package includes:
- Heated steering wheel
- Climate comfort front seats with heat/cool ****
- Heated rear seats
- Power rear sunshade
- Headlamp washers

I was initially offerred $3000 for my E class Mercedes (good condition) but later I was able to get $4000 for it bringing the grand total to $63,000 roughly after my trade in.

Then again I purchased in May of 2007. Perhaps I did get a decent deal but after reading about some of the deals that other people received I somehow doubt it.

They would have wanted an extra $5000 more for Nav. I just don't use the Nav that much so I felt it would've been a wasted $5000. I'd rather spend that money on fine dining or something. I'm happy with the portable Nav I purchased anyway.
Old 03-23-08, 05:39 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

My neighbour across the street has been drooling for a year now about my black/black, he's ordering one next week.