LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Phone Number Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-08, 04:40 PM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Phone Number Set Up

Okay....tried several different set-ups, but am doing something wrong on setting up a phone number in the phone book that has a "code" attached after the number to allow access to the voice mail. For example, dialing a phone number, then hitting an "*", and then dialing the voice mail code to allow access to the messages. Am I supposed to plug in a "p" (pause) or "w" (wait) before the "*"? Any help on this? Thanks in advance.....
Old 03-21-08, 09:33 PM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Does no one know how to do this? Or have I just not explained what I'm trying to do very well?
Old 03-21-08, 10:52 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Enjoyed the game today =]
Old 03-22-08, 06:37 AM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Yes....still looking for when the Gamecocks play in post season play. On a serious note, Rugby, do you know how to set a "code" after a phone number? Someone must have set this up before!
Old 03-22-08, 08:13 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me see if I can help you out...yes, you do enter the "p" or "w" before your "*". It won't automatically enter the voice mail password numbers once the phone number is dialed. It makes accessible a button (I think it's the number or a "send"? ..I'm not at my car so trying to recall). At any rate, on the phone pad on your system if you have entered a string after a "p" or "w" that you then select "send" (I believe that is what the button is titled?) it sends the remaining numbers to access your voice mail.

Unfortunately, unlike a cell phone that you can program to either "p" or "w" and then it will automatically proceed after a short period, the car system does not work this way. You have to manually send the remaining string. This is covered in your owners manual so take a look for the specifics where I may not have described the buttons above properly. Hope this helps steer you in the correct direction.
Old 03-22-08, 09:05 AM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Thanks....I'll go back and look in the manual, but looked a while for it before and couldn't find it. However, with the way you described it, since you have to hit the "send" button, I'm guessing you can't do that while driving, huh? Grrrrrrrrrrr. Another reason to get the Navi Over Ride gizmo I guess. I should just bite the bullet on that thing. I haven't installed my SRX radar yet either, and am feeling quite vulnerable out there....I'll knock both of those out at the same time.

Anyway, thanks for the input and I'll try that.
Old 03-22-08, 10:12 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I do have a bit of good news for you...that send button is available while driving if you have added a password string after your phone number. I believe I found the information on how do this within the owner's manual entitled with using the word string in the dialing section.

As far as the override...I have it and it's worth it, even though the send button is available while driving where you wouldn't need it for this purpose.
Old 03-22-08, 09:53 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Originally Posted by clemgrad85
Yes....still looking for when the Gamecocks play in post season play. On a serious note, Rugby, do you know how to set a "code" after a phone number? Someone must have set this up before!
Waiting? We won back to back National Championships. What else would you like?

Nope I don't know how to help sorry.
Old 03-24-08, 06:52 AM
tennisstar
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

if i'm not mistaken....you should program the string of numbers after the "p" after the phone number.....IOW, to access my voicemail (verizon):

on phone:

i make a separate contact with my cell number, followed by the "p", followed by the voicemail access code

on the car:

i transfer this contact over to car's speed dial button....

so when i want to check my voicemail in the car, i hit the speed dial button assigned to my voicemail.....it dials the voicemail, then after a sec sends the access code.....voila!

hope this helps.....BTW, this should work with calling cards as well for those of you who don't wish to incur international calling fees.....i have it programmed for my wife's phone in her sienna....
Old 03-24-08, 06:08 PM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Originally Posted by USCRugby
Waiting? We won back to back National Championships. What else would you like?

Nope I don't know how to help sorry.
Oops...forgot the Gamecocks finished 65th in the country 2 years in a row....my bad....oh, and oops, forgot that the Gamecocks were the only #2 seed to ever lose to a #15 seed.

No problem on the help....got some answers already.
Old 03-25-08, 06:51 AM
USCRugby
Intermediate

oh, and oops, forgot that the Gamecocks were the only #2 seed to ever lose to a #15 seed.
Incorrect...
Old 03-25-08, 11:32 AM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Incorrect...
I stand corrected....I think there were 3 other teams that suffered that extremely embarrassing fate. If I recall, the Gamecocks made first round exits 2 years in a row back then....so I'm sure you understand it isn't fun. Oh oh....almost 3:00....Garcia been arrested today?

Enjoy your LS460!
Old 03-25-08, 01:14 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

I stand corrected....I think there were 3 other teams that suffered that extremely embarrassing fate. If I recall, the Gamecocks made first round exits 2 years in a row back then....so I'm sure you understand it isn't fun. Oh oh....almost 3:00....Garcia been arrested today?

Enjoy your LS460!
LOL oh man you are lucky Garcia gives you ammunition!

We did leave twice back to back, but we were never up 18 points. Maybe it’s almost as embarrassing as never winning in Chappell Hill or possibly the no ACC title basketball thingy. =]
Old 03-25-08, 02:27 PM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

LOL oh man you are lucky Garcia gives you ammunition!

We did leave twice back to back, but we were never up 18 points. Maybe it’s almost as embarrassing as never winning in Chappell Hill or possibly the no ACC title basketball thingy. =]
Possibly as embarrassing....but certainly not as embarrassing as losing 63-17 at home in football....now that would be embarrassing....oh wait....that did happen....2003 I believe. Of course, that was just one of 21 losses in the last 30 years for you guys, so probably no big deal. Back to basketball, though, the last 4 years pretty much sums up our domination over you guys in that sport as well. Listen....Garcia is just icing on the cake....toooo much ammunition (literally as well) laying around Columbia when it comes to Gamecock sports.

I have a feeling the powers to be are going to cut this conversation off at the knees if we don't get back to Lexus talk. Later.