LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Newbie question need help (power door closers)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-08, 11:34 PM
John007
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie question need help (power door closers)

Hi, I am just wondering if the doors on the LS 460 close like the trunk does where u just tap it just a little and it close it self... (Like the mercedes s500 does). If so how do i turn this features??? Also, does anyone know how to turn on the auto window on the driver side back on???
Old 04-08-08, 04:32 AM
george1688
Driver

Yes they do come with the power door closers and it is on all the time and by the way the trunk closes with a touch of a button, u don't need to bring it down. All four windows come with one-touch operation all you need to do is press or pull harder for it to come up all the way on its own.
Old 04-08-08, 09:20 AM
SC400MAN
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have the power door closer option (you have the trunk closer, so you do) then the doors will close themselves only if you have gently closed them to the first click. In other words, not from completely open, just the last little bit.
Old 04-08-08, 10:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yup, slight click the doors and they will close themselves (i find the ls460 one much better than the one on the s class)

about the auto windows? i forgot already, shouldn't there be a button right by the driver side windows controls?
Old 04-08-08, 10:36 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by John007
Hi, I am just wondering if the doors on the LS 460 close like the trunk does where u just tap it just a little and it close it self... (Like the mercedes s500 does). If so how do i turn this features??? Also, does anyone know how to turn on the auto window on the driver side back on???
If you mean that your driver's side front window no longer goes up and down with one touch of the button, try this:

- Press and hold down the "Down" button until the window goes down all the way, BUT KEEP HOLDING THE BUTTON DOWN for about 5 or 6 more seconds.

- Then, raise the window by pulling up on the window button and holding it for about 5 or 6 seconds after it goes all the way to the top.

That should re-program the window controller.

Old 04-08-08, 12:07 PM
Audriuss
Pole Position

...and why do manufacturers create instructions...who knows...
Old 04-08-08, 04:07 PM
John007
Driver

I am having trouble with the door that does not close itself on the first click for some reason like the trunk does... Is there a switch I have to press or something to click to activate it???
Old 04-09-08, 02:36 AM
george1688
Driver

I am having trouble with the door that does not close itself on the first click for some reason like the trunk does... Is there a switch I have to press or something to click to activate it???
No there is no switch its always on. Your door will not close by itself the power door closers work only when your 5-6mm (0.2 inches) open. Yes I also agree that the power door closers are much better than the one in the S-Class.
Old 04-09-08, 04:12 AM
onepointon
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 49 Posts

Will any of the other doors function properly?

I ask this because I have seen issues on two vehicles in the past few months. It seems that the weather seal that goes around the door can cause the door not to close on its auto function. On both occassions we replaced the weather seal and it fixed the problem. However, there are no updated parts available, so who knows if its a bandaid fix. If it becomes an issue I am sure they will issue an updated part.

If you are having trouble with the system, take it to your local dealership and see if someone can look at it for you.
Old 04-09-08, 11:20 AM
Vi-Tuyen
Driver

I don't want to make another thread, since this is almost the topic I am looking for.
here is my question:
my car was lock, I stand out side the car with my remote, I press and hold the unlock button , and the car is unlock, all the windows go down, and sunroof open (cool thing). But when I press and hold the lock button, the car is lock but the window DID NOT roll up and the sunroof DID NOT close. can anyone tell me why, or is it suppost to be like this? (notice that when I am doing the same thing with the button on the door handle, the windows roll up and the sunroof close itself.)
Old 04-09-08, 11:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it's supposed to be like that. that's the case for all lexus, at least the US spec
Old 04-09-08, 12:09 PM
Audriuss
Pole Position

maybe it could be US spec, but euro spec closes everything up. Just sometimes, happen that u misshold button and it seems that it doesn't work, but it is just not holding press button firmly..
Old 04-09-08, 12:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Audriuss
maybe it could be US spec, but euro spec closes everything up. Just sometimes, happen that u misshold button and it seems that it doesn't work, but it is just not holding press button firmly..
yes, i know japanese spec works too. but i am very sure US spec doesn't have the roll up from remote

one of those weird US spec things
Old 04-09-08, 09:30 PM
John007
Driver

None of the doors work... Was it an extra feature that I had to buy? Or does it come standard in all Ls460? I bought the car pre owned and I saw my friends Ls460 and her door close, so now I am trying to figure it out. Because I know the trunk close if you just close it to a clip and it closes it self, but not the door.
Old 04-09-08, 10:15 PM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is an extra option and it also comes standard as part of certain packages depending on when the car was built and which region of the States was the car imported for. FYI when you go to Lexus website the first thing they ask you is your zip code. I was looking at IS350 and when I used a zip for California I got different items in a package then one meant for Texas.

Quick Reply: Newbie question need help (power door closers)