LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Finally Took Delivery of LS460L Exec. (Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-08, 06:16 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congratulations.

Beautiful car. I would have guessed you getting a Pearl White one, but that almost looks like Matador Red (maybe slightly darker), which I didn't think was offered on the LS.
Thanks Mike
Noble Spinel Mica is darker & has a different hue compared to Matador Red, & it's a more suitable paint for the LS.
The matador red has a more orange tint & is lighter & brighter red, which is more suitable for a smaller sports sedan like the IS250/350.

If you have not already done so, give it a thorough inspection, in and out, (I'd do it for you myself if I were nearby)...and check all four tire pressures against the recommended PSI sticker on the drivers' doorjamb...the PDI guys often forget that. Check the fluids underhood before you start it up. Make sure all the buttons, controls and settings work.....the LS is a complex machine. (you can save the wipers for a rainy day...don't wipe them on dry glass) Check the body, glass, and and trim for scratches and problems. Give it a test-drive at least shortly up to 60 mph or so and see if there are any steering shimmy or vibration problems, brake pedal vibrations, or pulling left or right. Make sure the transmission shifts smoothly.

You know the break-in rules, don't you?
I have looked through the car inside & out for scratches, & I am satisfied that it's in great shape as it should be for a brand new car.
Yes when I started the car for the salesman to show me certain functions & features, I noticed it showed the tire pressure to be a bit high for all 4 tires, ranging from 37 to 39 psi, which had to be adjusted down. Everything seems normal when I drove the car home from the dealer, & I didn't notice the wind noise problem some have talked about, with all the windows shut & the stereo off, even though I took it to about 120 kmph (~75mph) for a couple times. Yup, I know the break-in rules

PM me with your mailing address, and a complimentary bottle of SCRATCH-OUT will be on the way ....especially for a paint job like that.

Then....enjoy An LS is a great car to take a long trip in....they are quiet as a tomb, and just eat up the highway miles like nothing at all.
Thanks for your kind offer, I will talk to you more in pm
Old 04-19-08, 06:17 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
ok, so now i know marshall doesn't like me coz' i didn't get scratch-out for either my ls460l or gs350 j/k
marshall is a nice guy, I am sure all you have to do is ask
Old 04-20-08, 03:07 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice Andrew, congrats on the beautiful car, thanks for sharing!!
Old 04-20-08, 04:21 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
Very nice Andrew, congrats on the beautiful car, thanks for sharing!!
Thanks Moe

BTW, I spent most of today driving the car, the most I've driven it since I picked it up last week.
When we past through areas where there are a lot of shops with their glass windows, I just can't resist taking quick glances at the reflections of my car passing them. It's like candy apple red through my sunglasses & the window of my car & I love it !!
I know, I better pay attention to my driving & look ahead at all times LOL ......
Old 04-20-08, 04:37 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Be extra careful with your turns. Your car is longer than mine, and I just nicked my right rim yesterday making a tight U-turn. Fortunately it's just a tiny almost invisible nick, but with the extra length you have, it would have been disastrous for me.

Last edited by Johnny; 04-20-08 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-20-08, 04:55 PM
kbinfl
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Andrew!!

Your color combo was my first choice too, but none of the dealers here in FL order them with the Alabaster interior. They order the Cashmere with most of the dark colors. So I got my 2nd choice...Black Sapphire Pearl/Alabaster...couldn't get the same deal if they had to special order the car. Every time I see the Nobel Spinel, I just can't stop staring at it. There are quite a few running around town here. Haven't seen many of the Black Sapphires though.

Best of luck and enjoy!

KB
Old 04-20-08, 07:00 PM
KilaWombat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came back again to check out your ride. Love the interior
Old 04-20-08, 07:50 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kbinfl
Every time I see the Nobel Spinel, I just can't stop staring at it. There are quite a few running around town here.

KB
This is "Lexus Country" hereabouts, and I don't think I've ever seen a Nobel Spinel, although I see about a half-dozen LS460's every day.

BTW, here is an actual nobel spinel, for those who haven't seen one:

Old 04-20-08, 10:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ouch, that hurts burnaby. but yeah, the lwb isn't that easy to drive compared to other cars i have driven. it does take wider angles

andrew, careful now, when you drive, look ahead
Old 04-20-08, 10:54 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang nice car man congrats not to be negative or anything but how do you get away without having the front plate? then again with that kind of car you can afford any ticket
Old 04-21-08, 12:10 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
This is "Lexus Country" hereabouts, and I don't think I've ever seen a Nobel Spinel, although I see about a half-dozen LS460's every day.

BTW, here is an actual nobel spinel, for those who haven't seen one:
Very interesting, thx for sharing!!! What a nice inspiration for the vehicle color.
Old 04-21-08, 07:52 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Burnaby
Be extra careful with your turns. Your car is longer than mine, and I just nicked my right rim yesterday making a tight U-turn. Fortunately it's just a tiny almost invisible nick, but with the extra length you have, it would have been disastrous for me.
Yes, this is the longest/biggest car I've owned so far, & I will take extra care during the turns, sorry about the nick.
Old 04-21-08, 07:56 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by scshinobi
dang nice car man congrats not to be negative or anything but how do you get away without having the front plate? then again with that kind of car you can afford any ticket
Thanks ,
Regarding the front plate, I hope I won't get harrassed like they have nothing better to do ...

BTW, I have added a couple more pics that I took yesterday morning to my posts on page one.
Old 04-21-08, 08:13 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I see you have the foul weather mats ... did your car also come with kinda light brown carpet mats?

My car was trucked in from Kansas, where they order them all with the all-weather mats, and there are brown mats underneath them. But I've heard some Alabaster owners say they have carpet mats the same color as the carpet in the car.

Just curious.

Old 04-21-08, 08:23 AM
kbinfl
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
I see you have the foul weather mats ... did your car also come with kinda light brown carpet mats?

My car was trucked in from Kansas, where they order them all with the all-weather mats, and there are brown mats underneath them. But I've heard some Alabaster owners say they have carpet mats the same color as the carpet in the car.

Just curious.

Mine came with the dark mats...I insisted on them! It's bad enough I have to worry about the seats, but the mats too???? No thank you!!

KB

Quick Reply: Finally Took Delivery of LS460L Exec. (Pictures)