LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 460 and GS 350 at invoice ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-08, 01:48 PM
lpm 505
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS 460 and GS 350 at invoice ?

Hello, I am thinking to buy a Lexus LS 460 or a GS 350 AWD, I heard most dealer are selling those cars at invoice, is it true ? I love the LS but I want an AWD without being a SUV, so I am still deciding between the 2 cars ?
Old 04-20-08, 02:41 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

i doubt they are sellin at invoice. go shop around and see for yourself.

as for awd, its rumored that the LS will be getting awd if you can wait a year or two
Old 04-20-08, 03:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i don't know about the gs350 awd, but ls460 at invoice? i doubt that. economy isn't doing very well but i think it's still 1-2k above invoice for ls460
Old 04-21-08, 03:19 AM
Saudi
Driver

GS & LS No comparison.
Old 04-21-08, 03:43 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

take ls600h. it has awd..
Old 04-21-08, 01:12 PM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RXSF
i doubt they are sellin at invoice. go shop around and see for yourself.

as for awd, its rumored that the LS will be getting awd if you can wait a year or two

Some of them might be, their market is really down now.

They'll still get the holdback from Lexus. I think it's about 2.5%

Whit
Old 04-21-08, 01:49 PM
moriarty
Driver School Candidate

If you follow this link it will show you the upcoming AWD LS.
http://www.lexus.com/fcv/lf_sh.html

The GS350 AWD is nice but the GS is in no way a LS (just my $.02)

On a personal side note.....In regards to buying at invoice. If you can afford
a luxury car, just buy it. Make your dealer some money. It usually comes back to you. A dealer will be more likely to help you with a situation that arises later on in ownership if you weren't the guy who grinded it out with there sales manager for 6 hours so you could save $1,000. (I speak from experience). Even worse, Lexus and Toyota start selling all there cars at invoice and become GM/Ford part II. Less profit equals less Research and Development equals poor fit and finish and the loss of the Pursuit of Perfection. I am not saying pay sticker but if your looking for an invoice deal, you should shop Cadillac.
Old 04-21-08, 04:14 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

...thats the LS600hl
Old 04-21-08, 05:29 PM
moriarty
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXSF
...thats the LS600hl
True. I apologize. I should have qualified my statement by saying the
LS's new AWD system is going to be the same as the 600H or this "future/prototype" version. I have heard test cars are already in existence and being tested at the Toyota Testing Site here in AZ.
Old 04-22-08, 09:45 PM
lpm 505
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by moriarty

The GS350 AWD is nice but the GS is in no way a LS (just my $.02)

On a personal side note.....In regards to buying at invoice. If you can afford
a luxury car, just buy it. Make your dealer some money. It usually comes back to you. A dealer will be more likely to help you with a situation that arises later on in ownership if you weren't the guy who grinded it out with there sales manager for 6 hours so you could save $1,000. (I speak from experience). Even worse, Lexus and Toyota start selling all there cars at invoice and become GM/Ford part II. Less profit equals less Research and Development equals poor fit and finish and the loss of the Pursuit of Perfection. I am not saying pay sticker but if your looking for an invoice deal, you should shop Cadillac.
In my opinion, MSRP is really meaning-less these days for most brands ! For example you can't buy a brand new Ferrari at MSRP, unless you are willing to pay $50,000 or more above MSRP ! You might get a Lamboghini Gallardo for $20,000 off MSRP ! Certain Mercedes models like the SL Class, S class are selling below invoice ! I think what is important these days when shopping for a brand new car is to know the car's market value. When everyone is paying thousands of dollars off MSRP, why would you pay way more than them ? Although you are receiving services from the purchasing dealer, but at the end of the day, they are counting on your survey and they should treat all Lexus owners the same reguardless on the purchased price on the car. We are all customers of Lexus, not just a customer of the dealership. Lexus is the one who is paying the bills for all the warranty works, not the dealership and remember the dealer get paid too when you brought your car in for services or warranty works ! MSRP is just a SUGGESTED price, any amount is reasonable as long as both parties agree upon, no one forces the dealer to sell the car to anyone. They will not negotiate 6 hours with a customer if they think it is a waste of time. A customer could be out of the dealership door in 3 minutes if the dealer insist their selling price and the customers cannot agree ! So please tell me who is the one wants the customers to stay and play numbers game ? A customer is not staying to beg the dealer to sell them a car , instead it is the dealer want the customers to stay and to sell them a car ! There is nothing wrong for a 6 hours price negotiation, although I don't like it, but this is business !

So, in concluson, I think all deals happen at a dealership are fair, it is business, you don't have to buy or dealer don't have to sell if one of the parties thinks the deal is unfair. If Lexus does not want to end up like GM/FORD part II, then I think they should sell all of their cars at MSRP or close to it and reject all UNREASONABLE deals like buying close to their invoice price ! But are they enforcing it ? They are the one to decide whether they want to sell a car at a certain price, we can't buy it if they don't want to sell it ! Just to be fair, I am not saying all the dealers, but some dealers does give people very ridiculous price for their trade ins, they will also spend a lot of time to try make you agree to their offers on your trade in ! Like I said before, there will not be a deal if one of the parties disagree on the terms ! You will be surprised how many Brands such as some models in Mercedes-Benz is selling below invoice ! And once again I am not trying to buy a Lexus at invoice, instead I just want to know the market price and a suggesting price from a consumer point of view !

Last edited by lpm 505; 04-23-08 at 03:41 AM.