LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Fill Up Today

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-08, 08:27 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fill Up Today

My car was down to below 40 miles in range when I filled up today. It was $94.50 at Shell for Premium (at $4.47/gallon) in the SF Bay area. I read that some older pumps only go up to $99.99. We'll be there soon.
Old 05-31-08, 10:54 PM
DrComputer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the gas stations I have recently gone to stop at $75. I have to swipe my card twice to fill up all the way.
Old 06-01-08, 03:19 AM
larrs
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Apparently some older pumps can only go as high as $3.999 per gallon, so the stations are selling gas per half gallon -- whatever the pump says, it costs you twice as much.

Old Meters Mean Double the Price at the Pump
Old 06-01-08, 09:19 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DrComputer
Most of the gas stations I have recently gone to stop at $75. I have to swipe my card twice to fill up all the way.
Actually, that's probably a credit card limitation. Many of the card companies have started limiting gas station and convenience store purchases to $75 to help prevent cc fraud.

This was on the news just the other day ...

Old 06-01-08, 09:42 AM
ironhorse
Driver

I still can not believe that gas is this high I only hope that it comes back down soon..
Old 06-01-08, 12:11 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

Cars like the LS will become obsolete if gas doesn't at least stablize. There will always be luxury cars for the wealthy, but the volume will be so small that only a few will exist. We'll all be driving Honda Fit sized cars with the Camry size as the luxolimobargemobile.
Old 06-01-08, 12:44 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll probably downsize in 2030...
Old 06-01-08, 04:08 PM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't hold your breath. I think the only thing that will cause oil to decrease would be a fairly significant decrease in world useage. Unfortunately there are too many countries (China, India, to name a few) that subsidize the cost of gas for their citizens, therefore these folks aren't feeling the effect of the increase and aren't slowing down. Hopefully, the countries doing this will start to pass along some of the gasoline cost and we will see oil useage slow down. Other than that, and considering some legislation currently in Congress that will further hamper drilling in our own country, it don't look good for gas decreases anytime soon. For the record.....I hope I'm wrong! By the way....it won't hurt to curb our own use. Although not as much with work related issues, I scrutinize any trip I take and try to make sure I can take care of several things on one trip.
Old 06-01-08, 06:07 PM
JKarger
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Actually, that's probably a credit card limitation. Many of the card companies have started limiting gas station and convenience store purchases to $75 to help prevent cc fraud.

This was on the news just the other day ...

Thats actually the gas station limiting the machine on the pump not your CC company. If you go inside and give them your card they will let you fill it up. I learned this after arguing with my CC company that I cant even fill my Tacoma up without swiping twice. But your right they do it to limit fraud if you go in they ask to see your license.
Old 06-01-08, 09:22 PM
bsims_01
Rookie

It cost me $87.50 here in Reno the other day for a fill up at Shell. I think it was $4.29. Talk about pain at the pump. I'm just lucky my daily commute is short.
Old 06-01-08, 10:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
Cars like the LS will become obsolete if gas doesn't at least stablize. There will always be luxury cars for the wealthy, but the volume will be so small that only a few will exist. We'll all be driving Honda Fit sized cars with the Camry size as the luxolimobargemobile.
i think we will see 5 by the end of the yr for sure, and it probably won't stop... yet
Old 06-01-08, 10:33 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

i think ill be seeing 5 with astrotoy first by next month. within the past 3 weeks, gas has gone up about 30 cents. that is absolutely ridiculous. I never fill up my car when its at empty so i dont get a heart attack at the pump. the highest ive ever pumped is $59.97 which was two weeks ago. i remember that number specifically because i made a remark to the people in the car about that.
Old 06-02-08, 08:48 AM
kbinfl
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy I'm with Clemgrad...

I don't think we'll ever see gas go down again. It's not that I can't afford the gas, but I'll be damned if I give the oil companies even more profit.

I started taking the bus to/from work back in April and driving once or twice a week when necessary. Like Clemgrad, I've also tried to plan errands around a single trip now. I bought my LS back on March 1, and I only have 1,300 miles on it!!

Life is not as fun as it used to be...

Last edited by kbinfl; 06-02-08 at 08:49 AM. Reason: spacing
Old 06-02-08, 06:00 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Prius is coming.......... soon I hope... I should start posting on Toyota Nation instead of here. I don' think I belong here anymore
Old 06-02-08, 07:56 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our other car is a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid which gets better than double the mileage of our 460L, and on regular gas. But except for going in the car pool lanes during those times of the day (we have one of the last stickers from Jan 2007 and in CA the bridges are free in the car pool lane), its awfully hard not to drive the Lexus. What a difference in ride, comfort, silence and power and overall luxury and fun.

Quick Reply: Fill Up Today