LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

From LS hate to LS love...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-08, 01:58 PM
garyr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default From LS hate to LS love...

I've owned my car for about a year and a half now. Coming from 2 gens of 7 series Beemers I bought this car for the looks and performance.

The first year and a half were full of frustrations of wind noise entering the cabin to the point where I was going to sell the car.

Now........after Jeff's fix it's like a different car. (Thanks Lexus for letting the dealer do the repair). I just installed the nav and DVD overide.....unbelevable!! everyone should get one. I went one step farther and had a K-40 radar installed http://k40.com/ The K-40 is built in, you cant see it and it's kick azz. not for the weak at hearted at $1,500.

This car is now the most amazing car I've ever owned. LOVE THIS CAR!!

PS The switch for the nav override is on the dash just under the volume ****. It covers the letters DVD but looks almost factory mounted there.

PSS The guys who put in the override and the K-40 asked me if I wanted Sirius. They found a work around, I could have both XM and Sirius If I wanted.

Last edited by garyr; 07-03-08 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-03-08, 02:25 PM
bsims_01
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad everything worked out for you. I'm approaching my first anniversary of ownership and I love the car more each day. That says something, as I've been on a new car kick for the last 5 years (S Class, STS, Denali, LS 460). This is my first Lexus and I'm going to keep it around for a while.

Still haven't done mcraney's wind noise fix, but maybe this weekend. I've got the instructions printed out and in my brief case. My car doesn't have a severe wind noise, but then I rarely drive it on the freeway. I'm sure the fix will make a difference nevertheless.
Old 07-03-08, 03:19 PM
SmackDaddy
Driver School Candidate

Gary - where in NJ are you?
Old 07-03-08, 04:02 PM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I've only had mine for about 4 months....but I do enjoy it each day. Seems like there is always something each day that makes me say "cool". Just tonight, while parking in a parking garage, the backup sensor stopped me from hitting something....and the NAV override this weekend on a trip was awesome.....then the gas mileage.....at one stretch (about 25 miles) after filling up and just before hitting some mountains, I got 33.5 mpg! The rest of the trip was around 30! Hybrid? I don't need no stinkin hybrid. Glad you got the annoyances fixed.....loving mine here as well.
Old 07-03-08, 05:35 PM
jettie1767
Pole Position

Where in NJ are you guys? I'm in the Colts Neck area in Monmouth. Which dealer knows how to do this fix?
Old 07-03-08, 11:09 PM
george1688
Driver

Originally Posted by bsims_01
Glad everything worked out for you. I'm approaching my first anniversary of ownership and I love the car more each day. That says something, as I've been on a new car kick for the last 5 years (S Class, STS, Denali, LS 460). This is my first Lexus and I'm going to keep it around for a while.

Still haven't done mcraney's wind noise fix, but maybe this weekend. I've got the instructions printed out and in my brief case. My car doesn't have a severe wind noise, but then I rarely drive it on the freeway. I'm sure the fix will make a difference nevertheless.
I know how u feel, this is my first Lexus too. This is my 4th month of ownership and I love this car so much, its so quiet and smooth and no problems at all!
Old 07-04-08, 08:07 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by clemgrad85
I've only had mine for about 4 months....but I do enjoy it each day. Seems like there is always something each day that makes me say "cool". Just tonight, while parking in a parking garage, the backup sensor stopped me from hitting something....and the NAV override this weekend on a trip was awesome.....then the gas mileage.....at one stretch (about 25 miles) after filling up and just before hitting some mountains, I got 33.5 mpg! The rest of the trip was around 30! Hybrid? I don't need no stinkin hybrid. Glad you got the annoyances fixed.....loving mine here as well.
Glad someone else is validating my mileage claims! You have to drop clear down to a weak-engined compact car to get mileage like this!

I owned two different LS400's back in the early '90's, and I have to admit they were pretty bland cars to drive. Excellent vehicles, but ... well, bland. This LS460, though, doesn't fit that mold. I find it a LOT more "engaging" to drive than the early versions. Part of it is of course the 380 hp, but it's hard for me to see how anyone can call this car boring!

Old 07-04-08, 09:36 AM
clemgrad85
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Glad someone else is validating my mileage claims! You have to drop clear down to a weak-engined compact car to get mileage like this!

I owned two different LS400's back in the early '90's, and I have to admit they were pretty bland cars to drive. Excellent vehicles, but ... well, bland. This LS460, though, doesn't fit that mold. I find it a LOT more "engaging" to drive than the early versions. Part of it is of course the 380 hp, but it's hard for me to see how anyone can call this car boring!

Mike....I agree with the car being fun to drive. I did a little mountain driving last weekend and one stretch is about 8 miles of tight curves and steep climbs. I've driven that stretch in many different cars and the LS hugged the road and had power to get me moving up the hills like no other....it was truly a fun drive. And even though the mileage was hurt going up the mountain, I made up for it going down.
Old 07-04-08, 01:12 PM
garyr
Pole Position

Ray Catena Lexus in Ocean Twp. on Cindy lane can fix the wind noise.