LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

the beverage cooler (remember to turn on rear A/C)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-08, 11:30 AM
MythBuster
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default the beverage cooler (remember to turn on rear A/C)

I have the executive LS 460 l

I find that the beverage cooler is useless

I have a Nissan patrol that really cools down the water bottle much colder than the lexus.

the cooler is also placed very far , you have to pull over to get something out of it. I think because I am not supposed to be the driver
Old 08-12-08, 11:51 AM
garyr
Pole Position

Wink

Thought I was cool with my touring package...air suspension, larger wheel and brakes. Executive package, nice! I thought that was only for show, at a 15k option I do not think many here have it.

Good luck on the cooler, I don't even know where it is located let alone what it looks like but at least you have one .
Old 08-12-08, 12:31 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got an exec. Where's the cooler? I think you need it more in Saudi Arabia.
Old 08-12-08, 01:41 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Doesn't the cooler only come with the 4-seat edition? Myth, you need to hire a chauffeur...
Old 08-12-08, 02:52 PM
EskieFan54
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For You...Cooler

I have a 5 seat L with rear seat upgrade, has cooler, don't know if it works.
Old 08-12-08, 04:54 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The cool box is behind the center armrest in the 5-seat versions that are so equipped, and in the rear center console in the 4-seat executive versionş; they both use air shunted from the A/C.

Old 08-12-08, 05:21 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

I have yet to use it, since we've never used the car for long trips to remote areas yet, the only situation I think when the cool box might be useful.
Otherwise, why bother, it's easy just to stop by a corner store or gas station to get cold beverages, unless the area is very remote for long stretches . . .
Old 08-12-08, 09:13 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, I found it. I was using it to store the two headphone sets. I've now moved those back to the back storage area and am waiting to load a six pack into the cooler.
Old 08-12-08, 09:40 PM
3alwi
Rookie

it cools the drinks but never makes them cold
Old 08-13-08, 03:47 AM
MythBuster
Driver

I've got an exec. Where's the cooler? I think you need it more in Saudi Arabia.
I learned the habit of drinking extremly cold drinks when I was living in Houston. Ice tea with ice cubes and lemon yum yum.

Thanks, I found it. I was using it to store the two headphone sets
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Doesn't the cooler only come with the 4-seat edition? Myth, you need to hire a chauffeur
I used to have one, but he learned his rights and ran away. Damn this human rights awarness campaigns,

The problem that I travel about 700km round trip everyother week end. In the Nissan I place my drinks in the cooler under my right elbow, and quinch the thirst any time like a king.

In the lexus the cooler neither cools good nor accessable while driving.
The following users liked this post:
Logicallychallenged (07-09-24)
Old 08-13-08, 06:34 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For trips when I will be away for more than a few hours I have been packing one of those small insulated bags with one hard plastic ice pack. The drinks stay super cold and I throw the bag in the frig whenever I arrive home. It is a much better solution than the on board cooler.
Old 08-13-08, 09:30 AM
DrComputer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cooler box, much like the Advanced Parking System, is an "ohh-ahh" feature rather than a practical option. I just keep bottles of water in there but never remember to use them. It just sounds cool to say your car has a fridge in the back seat.
Old 08-13-08, 10:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i think the main idea of the cool box is to keep it cool, not MAKE it cold. if i take a bottle of water from the fridge and put it in the cool box, it stays cool the whole day. but if i put a bottle of water in there as is, i won't expect it to become ice cold
Old 08-13-08, 10:48 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Oops! With all the excitement in the front seat of my new car, I completely ignored the back seat area. This thread made me curious, so I wandered there, and lowered the arm rest, revealing the obligatory door. I thought, "Great, the pass-thru for my skis this winter"; I opened it and you guessed it, "beverage storage box", however mine is not cooled as this can only happen in conjunction the rear seat independent A/C. So, now I have mixed feelings about it, and of course, I've now gotta find another way to haul my boards this winter.

Myth, I feel your pain!

Last edited by Johnny; 08-13-08 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-13-08, 11:03 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, the owners of the LS 430 UL package have a similar experience with having a cool box instead of a trunk extension. However with the LS 600h L, if I'm not mistaken there would be no way to have a trunk pass-through anyways, and no Lexus sedan has fold-down seats...it does remind me of the ski pass-through on the second generation ES 300, which literally had an unfolding accordion-wrapped protector that would extend for some while to cover the skis while they were protruding in the cabin.

Quick Reply: the beverage cooler (remember to turn on rear A/C)