LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 at Invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-08, 04:08 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha - well my inventory information is like 2 week old milk at this point:-) I'm sure Lexus wishes that LS's moved as fast as they have been in the past 90's days but w/out the steep discounts.

Wife gets the L - but I'm seriously considering picking up an 08 600 if I can find the color combo and deal that I want. I nearly purchased a 600 that was white on white but waited a bit too long and it sold.

Not sure on the Lexus Events... I suspect there are lots of Tuner type events for IS type cars but have not seen anything for the sedans.
Old 12-04-08, 10:03 AM
Denier
Driver School Candidate

Terrain,

I'm in SoCal and have been looking at 2008 new LS460L also. found one from dealer that fits color specs and has the touring pkg, ML, and some small misc stuff. MSRP is $81,580. i need trunk space so don't want any rear seat upgrade. this fits bill. dealer made a written offer of $68,999. this is $1401 below invoice by my calculations(kbb). is this a good deal at this time in your opinion? he said it was 2495 below invoice as offer showed a cost of 71494, so maybe he is sandbagging on the cost. i don't know. please help anyone.

thanks in advance
Old 12-04-08, 10:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Denier
Terrain,

I'm in SoCal and have been looking at 2008 new LS460L also. found one from dealer that fits color specs and has the touring pkg, ML, and some small misc stuff. MSRP is $81,580. i need trunk space so don't want any rear seat upgrade. this fits bill. dealer made a written offer of $68,999. this is $1401 below invoice by my calculations(kbb). is this a good deal at this time in your opinion? he said it was 2495 below invoice as offer showed a cost of 71494, so maybe he is sandbagging on the cost. i don't know. please help anyone.

thanks in advance
it's 12k off msrp. my opinion is tell them 13500 off msrp and you write the check
Old 12-04-08, 02:33 PM
terrain
Pole Position

I would want to be no higher than 67580 on this MSRP. I would tell the dealer to add a $1000 coupon to the deal to get you down to 67.999 which by all acounts will be a very nice deal... not the best but if its the color and specs that you want I'd go for it. From what I have seen in NCAL the 81K cars are less desirable than the 85-87 cars. I was told this by one dealer and thought they were full of it and just wanted to sell a higher MSRP car but over 40 days of watching inventory come and go I found that more of the fully optioned L's sold. Possibly things would be the opposite w/out the discounts we are seeing.

My Deal - I wanted 16K off MSRP - and was not able to get it in the form of a staight deal - due in part to the fact that I was not willing to compromise on Int and Ext color. My initial offer of 16 off was not considered... 14K off was not a problem but I was hoping to get them to add another 1K coupon to the deal. The GM of the dealership was very nice but when I asked he told me he needed to save those coupons for deals that he actually made money on .. LOL. I ended using a $750 coupon (that another very nice LS shopper Gave to me) and in order to seal the deal I insisted on a full tint job. So I figure the net net of my deal was 14K - 750 - 300 (TINT- Dealer said its 700 - but I think cost is probably half of that) - so nearly 1K more than my target.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!!

Edit... I may be closer to my target than I initially thought :-) Forgot that they had 4 (yes 4) cargo nets sealed in plastic stuffed in the trunk as well as one cargo net installed. In addition there were two sets of the (**** like) floor mats and two sets of the standard floor mats. I think my package was supposed to come with one of each. Have no idea how many cargo nets are supposed to come but assumed one. Anyway - perhaps I'm a hundred bucks or so closer to 16K off lol.

Terrain,

thanks in advance

Last edited by terrain; 12-04-08 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-04-08, 04:21 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Coupons are gone.

They expired at the end of November.
Old 12-04-08, 06:26 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Good bit of Info - Thanks.

Well if they don't have the coupons then just ask for another 1K off and you would still be within a grand of the best deals.

Originally Posted by kalvano
Coupons are gone.

They expired at the end of November.
Old 12-05-08, 07:14 AM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by terrain
Good bit of Info - Thanks.

Well if they don't have the coupons then just ask for another 1K off and you would still be within a grand of the best deals.
Coupons were good for up to $2K. They still have $4K dealer cash. But at $14K off, that's everything. There is about $10K mark-up in the car.

You can only push so far, you know.
Old 12-05-08, 12:44 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Yep - 2K or max of 2 coupons.

The whole idea of this thread is to see how far you can push w/out having to walk out of the dealership w/no car. We know that 14K in November was a sure thing - have not seen any deals posted in December but if dealers still have 08's I'm sure they will be just as willing to make a deal happen. From what I have read and seen even at 14K off MSRP the dealer is still making in the 1 to 2K range (hold back- incentives etc...) on the LS.

Originally Posted by kalvano
Coupons were good for up to $2K. They still have $4K dealer cash. But at $14K off, that's everything. There is about $10K mark-up in the car.

You can only push so far, you know.
Old 12-05-08, 01:39 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Yep - 2K or max of 2 coupons.

The whole idea of this thread is to see how far you can push w/out having to walk out of the dealership w/no car. We know that 14K in November was a sure thing - have not seen any deals posted in December but if dealers still have 08's I'm sure they will be just as willing to make a deal happen. From what I have read and seen even at 14K off MSRP the dealer is still making in the 1 to 2K range (hold back- incentives etc...) on the LS.
Dealership making money is lovely, but I tend to focus more on what the salesperson makes.

As it gets closer to the end of the year, you'll probably find dealers, especially in California, willing to dip into holdback.

Lexus needs to halve the number of dealerships in California and Florida.
Old 12-05-08, 01:44 PM
terrain
Pole Position

I avoid sales person's for this very reason... When I buy I either do the deal with the Ops manager and or GM. My L deal was ink'd with the Ops manager and I did feel a bit for the sales guy since he was stuck with taking care of the details... But in all honesty he did not have to spend ANY time with me with regards to the usual "hour long Get to know your car Routine" - I knew the LS better than him and was polite but clear that all I needed was a full tank of gas and the keys.
Old 12-05-08, 02:55 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

I avoid sales person's for this very reason... When I buy I either do the deal with the Ops manager and or GM. My L deal was ink'd with the Ops manager and I did feel a bit for the sales guy since he was stuck with taking care of the details... But in all honesty he did not have to spend ANY time with me with regards to the usual "hour long Get to know your car Routine" - I knew the LS better than him and was polite but clear that all I needed was a full tank of gas and the keys.
Well, in that case, I don't care.

But the numbers you guys are talking, if it was someone that I had been talking to for a bit, I would politely tell them to take a walk.

But if I don't have to expend any effort aside from making sure it's clean and there is gas in the tank, then whatever.
Old 12-05-08, 03:08 PM
Denier
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to say thanks for all of your guys help. I am now(actually my wife is as the primary driver) the proud owner of a new LS 460L I just got off of the phone with the dealer. Told him to make the number 67,580 (thanks terrain,which is 1414 better than is first offer) and is 14k off of the MSRP and 2820 less than invoice. He said yes and is delivering the car this afternoon. Could have probably done a little better, as he said ok in 2 minutes. so there is probably some more room out there if anyone is trying to get one of these in December. But I am happy with the deal as I was able to get a light interior which is hard to find. color combo is silver exterior/ash interior.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-05-08, 03:26 PM
terrain
Pole Position

That's Super Denier Congrats!
- I really like the black interior as it always looks new.

Looks like the Wife's are getting the best rides - my L is also my wife's main drive.

Just wanted to say thanks for all of your guys help. I am now(actually my wife is as the primary driver) the proud owner of a new LS 460L I just got off of the phone with the dealer. Told him to make the number 67,580 (thanks terrain,which is 1414 better than is first offer) and is 14k off of the MSRP and 2820 less than invoice. He said yes and is delivering the car this afternoon. Could have probably done a little better, as he said ok in 2 minutes. so there is probably some more room out there if anyone is trying to get one of these in December. But I am happy with the deal as I was able to get a light interior which is hard to find. color combo is silver exterior/ash interior.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-05-08, 03:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats on the new car, denier!
Old 12-05-08, 08:42 PM
topgun04
Driver

Default Picked up an 08 LS460

this afternoon from Lexus of Sacramento. LS460 with comfort plus, intuitive parking, one touch open/close trunk and power door closer, and trunk mat, wheel lock etc. MSRP 74765. Here is the term...

Sales price 59692.57
doc fee 55
acquisition fee 700
total cap cost 60447.57
drive off 1033.76 (first payment) + 9450 (9 MSD) + 474 (license) + 8.75 (tire fee) = 10967.4

36 months / 15k mi per year
Residual 29906 (40%)
money factor 0.00118 (was 0.0019 before the 9 MSD)

monthly payment 945.97 + 78.79 (tax)=1033.76

Very happy about the internet manager from Lexus of Sacramento. He breaks down all the number so I can examine each one of them before we come to term. Also very polite and easy going. Deaership is hugh and still have 7-8 08 with various equipment level (a couple red with cashmere interior look really sharp). The only problme so far is the serial number is wrong in the lease paperwork so we probably need to go back and change it (crap another 200 miles round trip..) but wifey get 2 cups from the internet manager (he paid for it..) and she is very happy. She drove it home and her initial impression is that she like it a lot (we did test drove the LS about 5 months ago). We had 6 Lexus and her last car was a CLK 55 convertible and she is very hard to please. Thanks everyone.. without this thread, I would have gotten a CTS with the big discount (and our GM card point).

Also we accepted the lexus Visa card and charge 10K or the 10995 drive off on the visa card. Got a total of $550 Lexus dollars to use for future maintenance work (i.e. 15K service etc.).

All in all a very nice experience... There is still a few LS460 in the bay area. But look like the number with ML package is getting smaller and smaller... So if one is interested, probably need to move fast...

Quick Reply: LS460 at Invoice?