LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Winter tires change and TPMS reset - Try Honda

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-08, 11:50 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winter tires change and TPMS reset - Try Honda

I just received four Michelin X-Ice tires from Tire Rack at $170 each. Even with $60 shipping from IN to CO they were still considerably cheaper than any local outfits who didn't even carry the 235/50-18 sizes. They also had a special of a $50 AmerExpress gift card if you bought four.

Anyway Tire Rack provides a listing of installers in your area by zip code. After a quick scan I noticed there was a Planet Honda dealer a couple miles from me and only charged $12 per wheel/tire change. This includes all mounting/dismounting, balancing AND TPMS REPROGRAMMING, which surprised me.

I had them remove the Teleios wheels with tires and mount the new X-Ice snow tires on the OEM wheels, balance and install them. They did all this AND reprogrammed the TPMS sensors for $59.27.

Lexus wanted $90+ just to do the wheel/tire swapping then an additional $60+ just to reprogram the TPMS...BS!

I get the impression from Lexus and their Service people that they EXPECT loyalty from their customers. What they don't seem to understand is that loyalty should work BOTH WAYS. We've already given them a bunch on the car we bought from them. We don't need to be fleeced on the service too.

Whit
Old 10-13-08, 12:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=347603

i thought you said ls460 doesn't have 2nd tps setting? (post 29)

you bring your car to lexus i believe you get a loaner too. it's a common fact that if you go to lexus dealership it's going to be more expensive than toyota. same go with bmw and mb (compare to if you do it somewhere else). nothing new
Old 10-13-08, 03:45 PM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=347603

i thought you said ls460 doesn't have 2nd tps setting? (post 29)

I did say that and the '08 doesn't have a 2nd set switch.

A few weeks ago I acquired a set of mint Teleios wheels. I took the car into the Lexus dealer and had them change the OEM wheels, with their original TPMS's, (Set "A") over to the Teleios wheels.

The Teleios wheels had their own TPMS's (Set "B") that I acquired from Sewell several months ago. These had different codes than the OEM codes.
I wanted the Teleios wheels/tires to be my summer setup and needed them mounted anyway.

When I took the car over to Honda this morning to get the Teleios wheels (Set "B") removed and the OEM wheels (Set "A") reinstalled with new snow tires this time, they had to reprogram the codes from those in the Teleios (Set "B") wheels back to those codes in the OEM's (Set "A").

Kapeesh?

;->

Whit
Old 10-13-08, 05:20 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WhitBaby
Kapeesh?
Whit
LOL, I haven't heard that expression for a long time... Thanks for the memories!
Old 10-13-08, 06:05 PM
Nospinzone
Forum Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 333 Posts

Kapeesh? ........ Kapeesh? What is that, Russian?

Whit, obviously not an Italian. Its C-A-P-I-S-C-E.

Capisce?

Old 10-13-08, 06:06 PM
Nospinzone
Forum Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 333 Posts

BTW, I forgot to add I'll have to bookmark this thread. I'll never remember this whole TPMS stuff when the time comes when I have to deal with it.
Old 10-14-08, 08:32 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
[url]

you bring your car to lexus i believe you get a loaner too. it's a common fact that if you go to lexus dealership it's going to be more expensive than toyota. same go with bmw and mb (compare to if you do it somewhere else). nothing new

My dealer only pops for a loaner for anything that will take an hour or longer. This tire job was pretty quick, even at Honda.

Stevinson Lexus does have a nice waiting room, large, wi-fi, PC on 'net, five different kinds of coffee, assorted teas, bottled yuppie water, lots of donuts, fruit, granola/nut health bars, soft drinks with/without ice, widescreen TV, WSJ, local papers, current mags, etc.

Honda had comp coffees, teas, donuts, bottled water, fruit, etc., no granola bars though. ;->

I saved over $100 going to Honda, that'll buy a lot of Starbucks. Or maybe part of an "L"-less grill for my LS, if I ever find one.

;->

Whit
Old 10-14-08, 08:37 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Kapeesh? ........ Kapeesh? What is that, Russian?

Whit, obviously not an Italian. Its C-A-P-I-S-C-E.

Capisce?

When Vinnie and Guido come around wanting more 'vig' they don't spell it for me, that's just how it sounds. They're very colorful. And when they say s---, it's not just a word...the way they say it, you can actually smell it.

;->

Whit (rhymes with s---_