LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Windows Open By Themselves

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-08, 09:12 PM
LeX4u2nV
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows Open By Themselves

OK, I know I sound crazy but this is the second time in a week that I walked outside and noticed my windows were open. Today I walked out to get into my car and once I got IN the car, I noticed all 4 of my windows were down about 6 inches, the sunroof was still closed. The best part is that I just had my windows tinted yesterday.

I know that you can open the windows by holding the unlock button but I am positive I didn't do this as I never put anything else in my pocket except for the key fob. The key fob doesn't even have a key or key chain on it. Is there any other way of opening the windows that I don't know about? Please let me know if any of you have ever had this happen to you.
Old 10-21-08, 10:09 PM
Whipple1
Rookie

Originally Posted by LeX4u2nV
OK, I know I sound crazy but this is the second time in a week that I walked outside and noticed my windows were open. Today I walked out to get into my car and once I got IN the car, I noticed all 4 of my windows were down about 6 inches, the sunroof was still closed. The best part is that I just had my windows tinted yesterday.

I know that you can open the windows by holding the unlock button but I am positive I didn't do this as I never put anything else in my pocket except for the key fob. The key fob doesn't even have a key or key chain on it. Is there any other way of opening the windows that I don't know about? Please let me know if any of you have ever had this happen to you.
That sounds strange ,If it was the button on the fob the moon roof would be open so it can be that.This never happened to me yet,Maybe the guy that tinted your window disconnected the battery and you might have a glitch,sometimes they do this so the batt. wont go dead while tinting, if so remove the negative for a few minuites to reset the computer you can give that a try,just some thoughts that come to mind.Good luck!
Old 10-22-08, 10:00 AM
LeX4u2nV
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Whipple1
That sounds strange ,If it was the button on the fob the moon roof would be open so it can be that.This never happened to me yet,Maybe the guy that tinted your window disconnected the battery and you might have a glitch,sometimes they do this so the batt. wont go dead while tinting, if so remove the negative for a few minuites to reset the computer you can give that a try,just some thoughts that come to mind.Good luck!
I reset the car, hopefully it works, thanks for your help
Old 10-22-08, 10:17 AM
ironhorse
Driver

LOL, the same thing has happened to me, I thought I was going crazy only happened one time and thank god in my driveway call the dealer had them look at it and everything was fine. all my windows and sun roof were open and I know they were all closed when I got out of the car... a little scary
Old 10-23-08, 09:35 PM
Nospinzone

Received 416 Likes on 322 Posts

LeX4u2nV - OK, I know I sound crazy

ironhorse - I thought I was going crazy

OK, I think we can all agree, you guys are crazy!
Old 10-23-08, 09:38 PM
Nospinzone

Received 416 Likes on 322 Posts

BTW, I just noticed ironhorse, what is a Screaming Egale Ultra Glide? I know Harley doesn't make one!

Boy, am I being a wise a$$ tonight.
Old 10-24-08, 10:51 AM
slybydesig
Rookie

I am no expert by any means, nor do I own a LS460, but from what I have learned about these cars is that you can have a memory setting or something to that effect. I can only guess that some how you have a setting perhaps based on temperature, or when you get close to the car or walk away with the keys in pocket it does this. Like when its hot the windows will crack after a certain temp to cool the cabin. Just a thought.
Old 10-24-08, 02:57 PM
LeX4u2nV
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
LeX4u2nV - OK, I know I sound crazy

ironhorse - I thought I was going crazy

OK, I think we can all agree, you guys are crazy!

Originally Posted by slybydesig
I am no expert by any means, nor do I own a LS460, but from what I have learned about these cars is that you can have a memory setting or something to that effect. I can only guess that some how you have a setting perhaps based on temperature, or when you get close to the car or walk away with the keys in pocket it does this. Like when its hot the windows will crack after a certain temp to cool the cabin. Just a thought.
The second time the window opened it was around 1 AM so I don't think that was the cause because it was cool out.
Old 10-24-08, 03:15 PM
slybydesig
Rookie

The second time the window opened it was around 1 AM so I don't think that was the cause because it was cool out.
There may just be a glitch in the matrix

Old 06-04-20, 03:41 PM
07LS460AD
Driver School Candidate

I’ve had the exact same thing happen to me a few times. Twice I’ve walked out in the early morning hours and found both my front windows down approximately 3” and my rear windows down approximately 6”. Today I went out to my car around 2 pm on a 106 degree day to find the front windows both down about 2”. I am certain I didn’t leave them like that on any of the 3 occasions. I rarely roll my windows down. I never roll the back ones down when I’m riding alone, and I rarely have passengers. I didn’t have passengers on any of these occasions.

I am extremely confused as to why this could be happening. During my research on the issue I haven’t found anything other than this thread. I live in Vegas so there have been plenty of >100 degree days and I’ve only experienced this once during the day. The other two incidents happened while the sun was down and I was at home alone with my key fob on the table.
Old 06-05-20, 07:21 AM
eclipse641
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

When the unlock button on the remote is held for 3-4 seconds all windows and moonroof will open. Maybe your keys are in your pocket. LOL
Old 06-05-20, 07:51 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,703 Likes on 1,937 Posts

Originally Posted by eclipse641
When the unlock button on the remote is held for 3-4 seconds all windows and moonroof will open. Maybe your keys are in your pocket. LOL
Thats likely the culprit
Old 06-05-20, 07:52 AM
07LS460AD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eclipse641
the keys where not in my pocket. Every time this has happened the moon roof is completely closed, and the front and back windows are rolled down different distances. There is no way to do this with the key fob. When the windows are rolled down with the fob, 1.the moonroof always opens 2. All 4 windows roll down the same distance and at the same rate