LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460L - Rear Suspension Rattle on Uneven Surfaces

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-08, 09:45 PM
MCG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS460L - Rear Suspension Rattle on Uneven Surfaces

I recently took delivery on a 2008 LS460L which includes the air-suspension and 19" wheels. Asside from being a really great car - I noticed that there is a slight rattle or flutter in the suspension when I go over a small bump in the road. I am very gentle with the car and go slow over speed bumps, etc. Understanding that nothing is perfect - I still expect one would feel the bump but the sound would be more solid.

The dealership has looked at the problem, acknowledged they are hearing it as well and indicated this is not acceptable for a car of this caliber. This is good and following some good investigation - they isolated the problem to a part of the strut linked to the Confort/Sport control. They have ordered a part and offered to install it at my convenience while providing a free loaner car.

My concern is that this problem might not get addressed and has anyone else experienced this condition.

Last edited by MCG; 10-30-08 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Sentence update
Old 10-31-08, 06:06 AM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't get it. You said they found the problem ordered the part and will installit once it comes in. Therefore, what does it mean when you say "problem might not get addressed"? It looks like it's already being addressed. Your dealership has many resources being available to them. If they can't fix it on their own, they'll request a Lexus FSR come out to inspect/fix the issue. I wouldn't worry about it, it will be taken care of. In my personal experience, I have never had an issue with Lexus not fixing my car to my satisfaction, except for the "Wind Noise" issue
Old 10-31-08, 09:46 AM
MCG
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, dimapb.
I am starting to see the dealership is being pro-active wit the issue. I was contacted this morning which gives me more confidence in their ability to address the issue.

Will update this thread once there is a change in status.
Old 11-05-08, 02:14 PM
MCG
Driver School Candidate

Have a good update.
The dealer has been very responsive and corrected the problem with the replacement of an Air Strut. The issue was the result of a loose part in the Strut that created the symptoms.
I had an initial concern regarding the replacement of only one strut - but they assured me that the repair was correct. My assumption is that the car is a new born (1800mi) that there would be limited wear differences in the new and old struts thus replacing one is ok.
All is well.