LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How much is servicing where you live?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-09, 01:07 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changing the oil and filter is the only thing you need to do, nothing more nothing less that why they call lexus "Economical Car". I do the change at any ADNOC petrol Station here in UAE. The only 1 thing i buy from my dealer is the filter.

Plugs , Gear , Etc... i get them checked every 100K km.

My service contract is over and frankly speaking i didnt take advantage of that.
Old 04-22-09, 05:22 AM
mfno0od
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spark plugs should be replaced every 40k km .. not 100k !!! By that u r wasting Fuel !!

Lubrecation is important ,, Squiking sounds and noise will appear if u didnt lubrecate some parts of the Control arm assy & under the suspension base & steering rod! imagine your knee without the water between the bones .. Bones will not handle friction and that will result in bad pain ,, same as car's moving parts. try to drive a well serviced car and you will notice the smoth movement of the steering and suspension while driving on speed humbs or uneven road. Lubrecations is done every 5k km.. at least do it every 15k km to prevent any damage to the moving parts underneath the car.

air filter should be replaced also at 40k km ,, Specially if you are driving in a dusty environment such ours in UAE .. if you didnt replace it, it will not clean air as good as reauired and small particles of dust will enter your enging compartment and might cause damage to Pistons.

one more important thing is that when u change oil .. ask them to drain the old oil ,, not sucking it ,, draining is better because the waste remain down so when u open the drain bolt 99% of the waste (Ignition carbon, Dust scaping the air filter and many other small particles ) will be washed away from the Oil pan ..

Be carefull man .. Lexus is Economical as u said but it needs care.

and BTW , Sorry man I'm outside the country right now ,, in Indonesia ,, I will call you back as soon as possible
Old 04-22-09, 05:35 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mfno0od
Spark plugs should be replaced every 40k km .. not 100k !!! By that u r wasting Fuel !!

Lubrecation is important ,, Squiking sounds and noise will appear if u didnt lubrecate some parts of the Control arm assy & under the suspension base & steering rod! imagine your knee without the water between the bones .. Bones will not handle friction and that will result in bad pain ,, same as car's moving parts. try to drive a well serviced car and you will notice the smoth movement of the steering and suspension while driving on speed humbs or uneven road. Lubrecations is done every 5k km.. at least do it every 15k km to prevent any damage to the moving parts underneath the car.

air filter should be replaced also at 40k km ,, Specially if you are driving in a dusty environment such ours in UAE .. if you didnt replace it, it will not clean air as good as reauired and small particles of dust will enter your enging compartment and might cause damage to Pistons.

one more important thing is that when u change oil .. ask them to drain the old oil ,, not sucking it ,, draining is better because the waste remain down so when u open the drain bolt 99% of the waste (Ignition carbon, Dust scaping the air filter and many other small particles ) will be washed away from the Oil pan ..

Be carefull man .. Lexus is Economical as u said but it needs care.

and BTW , Sorry man I'm outside the country right now ,, in Indonesia ,, I will call you back as soon as possible

Well Done said there. Frankly Speaking I took my car for Full service at 80K Km. Spark plugs were replaced. Steering and Suspenstion were also checked. Everything is fine. Thanx for the valuable advices.

Air filters didnt replace them till now. Im installing K&N filters ;-) You mite want to have that. I have a number of the local distributor in dubai if you want. 560 AED for a pair of K&N filters. Im getting the Blitz Throttle control device soon.

Wish you a safe fly back to UAE.
Old 04-22-09, 06:35 AM
mfno0od
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uae ,, How much did your els did ??? more than 100k ? mine still under 45k lol
Old 04-22-09, 06:43 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mfno0od
uae ,, How much did your els did ??? more than 100k ? mine still under 45k lol