LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

just bought the 07 ls460l executive 4k miles pearl white that was on ebay wow in love

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-08, 11:44 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by terrain
Did the previous owner drive the car over 4 thousand miles with the "real leather" tag attached to the drivers seat -- or do you think the dealership stuck it on?
LOL, believe it or not, I know someone who's kept their LS with that tag hanging off the back for a year now...and I've seen 2 other Lexus vehicles with that tag still on the seat, and no new dealer plates etc.

It's a nice tag which reminds me of those used for fine leather handbags.
Old 12-12-08, 11:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
LOL, believe it or not, I know someone who's kept their LS with that tag hanging off the back for a year now...and I've seen 2 other Lexus vehicles with that tag still on the seat, and no new dealer plates etc.

It's a nice tag which reminds me of those used for fine leather handbags.
yup, i have seen it too. way too funny
Old 12-13-08, 06:15 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

My SC430 is 6 years old, & the real leather tag is still hanging behind the headrest
Old 12-13-08, 09:12 AM
terrain
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once the plates come all tags will be of.... I saw what must have ben an 07 LS the other day and they still had the "AirBag" sticker that hands from the dash compartment still dangling on by one thread...
Old 12-13-08, 09:12 AM
mr29rose
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, not sure who left it on, but i bought 4 more to hang everywhere and i tell people they are air fresheners lol. just kidding its gone.

i dont think i have a rolling code. its just for my gate to enter my complex. it has the little switches for 1-9 inside.

i found a bunch of tsib's to have lexus look at and repair.

i expected this car to be a dream and almost perfect but i do find several little flaws and issues that take away from my enjoyment.

damn, hopefully with time and some fixes and getting used to all the features i can be more relaxed in it and not be disappointed with some flaws.
Old 12-13-08, 09:19 AM
terrain
Pole Position

mr29 - what issus are you finding?
Old 12-13-08, 03:27 PM
mr29rose
Pole Position

issues are:

after being stopped at a light, when i start to go it jerks as if the brakes were stuck. (not using hold mode)

i feel alot of road bumps etc and i dont think that is right for this type of car.

i do hear wind noise at jigher speeds but dont know if its normal or if its suppossed to be whisper quite. its not an abnormal noise but again for tis type of car i expected much more quiteness.

i fionally got homelink to work. hopefully it stays ok

when i shut pass door, i hear a rattling underneath car. maybe its the tsib issue with loose nuts underneath.

i also hate after carwash, the window track doesnt dry for a long time. so if i open a window the next day, it smears with water and leaves streaks. damn i hate that.

i hate how i need to turn on rear ac everytime i start the car. i want it on all the time unless i turn it off. i use the cooler since i drive all day and want it always running.

glove box is loose. i hate that it doesnt close snug and has movement.

i guess im kinda nuts but i did expect near perfection from an ls460l executive. i have had lexus before and used to smooth rides. i guess these are so advanced they will have some flaws. and i am able to find flaws on new pda phones etc very easily.

i just hope lexus dealer is nice about me coming n with whatever issues i want chcked out.
Old 12-13-08, 03:52 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Mr29 - good list - let us know how your dealer treatment is... Will you be going back to the dealer you purchased it from?

Wind Noise as you know is somewhat subjective... I drove in total 8 LSL's during my search and only two of them had what I considered to be noise in the 65 to 80 MPH range. On one occasion I was on my own in the car but on the other the sales person was in the car with me and pretended to not hear any noise when it was quite obvious... he kept wanting to show me the ML system.

Window track = WET - is something I find to be annoying as well - especially since I have a thing about keeping my cars clean and I noticed last week I did my first wash on this car and still had wet window tracks 3 days later! I almost don't want to put water on the windows...

Is the glovbox loose or does it just not appear to be a perfect fit. I find that my glovebox is tight but on the right side looks like its just a bit off --- I compared it to many other LS's and they were all the same so it must be something they intended.
Old 12-13-08, 05:13 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

My LS460L with air suspension absorbs road bumps very nicely, especially in the comfort mode, it's the best car in this regard that I've ever rode in. But if your tire pressure is set too high, the ride will be rougher than it's supposed to be.
Old 12-13-08, 08:40 PM
mr29rose
Pole Position

i will check tires. right now in the low 30's. but i wish i could tell which pressure is for which tire. i will inflate to 35

i hate the wet window tracks. killing me killing me! makes me sick.
Old 12-14-08, 08:45 PM
mr29rose
Pole Position

i figured out the top tire pressure number is the one in the trunk