LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 facelift?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-08, 09:19 AM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LS460 facelift?

When is the LS460 going to get face lifted? I have a friend who wants to trade her 07 when the face lift comes out.

Any news as to what they might revise or improve?
Old 12-14-08, 09:59 AM
terrain
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Miniz- as you know the car came out in 07 ---- If she wants to trade the 460 for a different look - and wants to do it in the next 2 years I'd say look elsewhere - Look to the 7 if you want the 'Latest'. I suspect they will eventually do something like they did with the original LS - in 04 they updated it.
Old 12-14-08, 10:06 AM
miniz
Lead Lap

They ran the LS430 from 01-03, then face lifted in 04. Are we going to see the face lift for late 09 as a 10 model? That would make sense. yes? She is hoping that the exhaust tips will be addressed (they just burn and discolor the plastic) and they will use better plastic around the front seat belt connections (which has gotten all scraped up under normal ware/tear). Besides those two things, she loves the car, but likes to upgrade whenever Lexus does. She has owned at least one LS at a time since 1989.
Old 12-14-08, 11:16 AM
rueym
Driver

just my opinion this is a good body and sold decent numbers compared to others in its class, most likely it won't have a major face lift for 7 years from 07, there may be minor trim changes like headlights becoming all LED type or put sidemarkers, little things like that, but to see the headlights reshaped, things you can't just bolt on without changing body panels is highly unlikely. They invested so much into making this car a new platform they probably want to get the best ROI before they redo it.
Old 12-14-08, 11:23 AM
miniz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rueym
just my opinion this is a good body and sold decent numbers compared to others in its class, most likely it won't have a major face lift for 7 years from 07, there may be minor trim changes like headlights becoming all LED type or put sidemarkers, little things like that, but to see the headlights reshaped, things you can't just bolt on without changing body panels is highly unlikely. They invested so much into making this car a new platform they probably want to get the best ROI before they redo it.
Yea, but they still need to keep the car up-to-date for people who are looking for the latest/greatest. The S class is getting a face lift for 10 (new front end, revised rear end, new electronics and a couple other changes), and the LS has seemed to mirror the S class in recent years with its updates (+/- a year).
Old 12-14-08, 01:20 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope they don't change much because it is pretty darn close to perfect in my book!
Old 12-14-08, 01:57 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

After a four year gestation and billions spent in development, this sweetie won't need a facelift for quite a while, save a little botox now and then.

On a serious side, automotive manufacturers have entered a drastic period of expenditure cutbacks, model cancellations, plant closures, shift and personnel reductions and will be none too anxious to spend a pirate's ransom for mere cosmetic changes. All their competitors are suffering badly now, and even their bravest predictions don't see them coming out of this slump until the mid-teens. Look back in history in similar times, and you'll see a snail's pace when it comes to design changes.

As others here have implied, the car is way ahead of its time, and I'm just thankful it came out when it did, or we might still be looking at the previous generation today. I don't think you'll see as much attrition with Toyota/Lexus as they lead the way in dependability and customer satisfaction. The LS and others like it may become more exclusive however by virtue of the dollar premium attached to it.

Last edited by Johnny; 12-14-08 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-14-08, 04:34 PM
rueym
Driver

Originally Posted by miniz
Yea, but they still need to keep the car up-to-date for people who are looking for the latest/greatest. The S class is getting a face lift for 10 (new front end, revised rear end, new electronics and a couple other changes), and the LS has seemed to mirror the S class in recent years with its updates (+/- a year).

the problem is most likely this economy won't improve much by 2010 the way things are going, i doubt a new platform will be made but you're right maybe some shapes will change. Mercedes SL body came out in 2003, and although had face lift, it is still same chassis. 2010 S class has new headlights, taillights, etc, but same chassis. If someone is worried about having the old looking parts, a few grand can make it look like the new model. Lexus is smart about this why their previous LX470 lasted from 1998-2007.

Last edited by rueym; 12-14-08 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-14-08, 07:57 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

I'm asking about a face lift, not a complete redesign.......just to be clear. New front end, revised rear and couple interior updates. Not a new body style.

From the responses, it appears that no one actually knows when the model will a get a face lift. Lexus hasn't released anything as of yet I see...

She really wants an LS-F, but I keep saying that there is no word on that one yet.
Old 12-14-08, 08:46 PM
3alwi
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as i read, there will be a facelift for 2010 models a new design for front and rear bumpers, side skirts and new Rim shapes 20", new colors. thats all what i heard about

MAYBE minor changing in the shape of the lights.

as for interior, the touch screen is going off and will be replaced with the new generation (similar to Merc/BMW/Audi) the round mouse thing, so expect there will be an interior difference to put this thing.

thats all what i heard ^_^

but it is better to check and do some search
Old 12-14-08, 10:29 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Why get rid of the touch - its one thing that sets the LS apart from the other lux sedans... Non touch on the S550 drove me crazy.
Old 12-15-08, 06:53 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by terrain
Why get rid of the touch - its one thing that sets the LS apart from the other lux sedans... Non touch on the S550 drove me crazy.
Yea, I agree. I like the touch-voice better then round dial-****.

When is the LS-F going to come out? I know several people who would like to have one.
Old 12-16-08, 11:34 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miniz
Yea, I agree. I like the touch-voice better then round dial-****.

When is the LS-F going to come out? I know several people who would like to have one.

plus one..
i can't stand the i-drive in our bmw 750. Lexus, please dont do away with the touch screen!!
Old 12-16-08, 11:51 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BrickHead
plus one..
i can't stand the i-drive in our bmw 750. Lexus, please dont do away with the touch screen!!
I think the coming LS's may do away with the touch screen in favor of a "mouse" similar to the 2010 RX: http://thepassionatepursuit.com/2008...-la-auto-show/

LF-S: http://thepassionatepursuit.com/2008...xus-ls-f-news/
Old 12-16-08, 01:52 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Any idea what the reasoning would be? Cost of the touch screen...? I got used to i-drive 'kind-of' but like the option to touch when I want to touch. There must be some business/user feedback reason they would be looking to get rid of the touch screen.

Quick Reply: LS460 facelift?