LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My biggest disapointment with with this car so far....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-09, 08:23 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Print this out and bring it to your dealer. Demand it be done under warranty: http://www.lambros.net/tsib/2007LS/L-EG014-07.pdf

Maybe it's this: http://www.lambros.net/tsib/2007LS/L-NV005-06.pdf

Have this done too (check your VIN): http://www.lambros.net/tsib/2007LS/L-EG012-07.pdf
Old 01-06-09, 06:01 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this 07 only?
Old 01-06-09, 11:35 PM
LS2k
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

I know that T.S.I.B.::EG014-07 and T.S.I.B.::EG012-07 have been done already but i look into L-NV005-06.pdf, thank you jlawr!
Old 01-12-09, 06:34 PM
Vi-Tuyen
Driver

the d@mn wind noise. otherwise, it is perfect.
Old 01-14-09, 05:11 PM
Vi-Tuyen
Driver

the current glove box suck big time. it look like it smaller than the accord. they nee to fix that.
Old 02-23-09, 09:58 PM
joeyb
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm about to drop my 2009 LS off at the dealer for this same thing, and I was wondering if the original poster ever got this resolved.
Old 02-28-09, 10:16 PM
Chiao
Driver School Candidate

I have my LS460L since Nov 2006. I am very disappointment on this car, because it has so many abnormal noises, knocking noise from the brake, wind noise, and noise from behind the central console when engine is idling. But my biggest disappointment over all is Lexus can not fix them all. Althought this model is in the market for over 2 years, but Lexus still can not find a way to fix them.
This is my first Lexus and also will be my last one. Its a pity, because I am Toyota loyalist since I had my first car in 1981.
Old 03-01-09, 08:09 AM
joeyb
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To follow up:

1. On the mild "Deisel like" sound at idle, I was told that this is normal and nothing to be concerned about. I was told that it has to do with the amount of oil being circulated.

2. On the wind noise, I got the fix (see my post under the Wind Noise thread). It reduced the amount of wind noise to what I would have expected from this car.
Old 03-01-09, 06:11 PM
LS2k
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Maybe i'm too picky but i'd expect some close to a complete silence in the cabin of a car like that. I just got from the airport in a limo (aka Towncar) and i heard zero engine noise at idle or in motion for what it's worth.

Don't get me wrong, the LS is a remarkable car but these kind of annoyances/noises really take a toll on it's overall appeal in my book.
Old 03-04-09, 12:38 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

All new lexus have direct injection system which makes the engine sounds much more louder and more like diesel engine sound....If you compare this motor to lets say 430 engine...430 motor is much more quieter but does not have the power of 460
Old 03-06-09, 04:52 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Remember that ticking noise from the injectors? I just had that fuel rail recall done and the noise is gone. Now I have a car without any wind or injector noise at all. Super quiet. If I would be picky and complain about anything it would be the gear box software that keeps up shifting when common sense would tell you to not up shift - for example going up hill in 4th gear at 2,000rpm and it shifts to 5th way before the sweet spot and the car just bogs down while still going uphill at 1,500rpm - I usually change to manual mode to keep it in 4th and enjoy all that torque....
Old 03-08-09, 07:37 AM
PHCMA
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
Remember that ticking noise from the injectors? I just had that fuel rail recall done and the noise is gone. Now I have a car without any wind or injector noise at all. Super quiet. If I would be picky and complain about anything it would be the gear box software that keeps up shifting when common sense would tell you to not up shift - for example going up hill in 4th gear at 2,000rpm and it shifts to 5th way before the sweet spot and the car just bogs down while still going uphill at 1,500rpm - I usually change to manual mode to keep it in 4th and enjoy all that torque....
Good to hear about the fuel rail. I find that if I am in a hurry that leaving the car in 4th is a better deal if I am relaxed then the thing shifts OK... It gets jumpy if your jumpy... Coffee?

Did you have the windows replaced ?
Old 03-08-09, 07:55 AM
jmcraney

Received 270 Likes on 205 Posts

Is it possible that they did some sort of sneaky wind noise repair? It is hard for me to understand how the "fuel rail" repair solved those other problems.
Old 03-08-09, 08:52 AM
jmcraney

Received 270 Likes on 205 Posts

Were these parts used in your "fuel rail" repair?

67495-50200 Cover
67496-50200 Cover
Old 03-09-09, 07:21 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it possible that they did some sort of sneaky wind noise repair?
Nooooo... I've had my wind noise problem solved a long time ago - I think I was one of the first cars in the country to have this procedure done. They installed laminated glasses, etc.... long threads here about this somewhere with pics and all.

The fuel rail recall was also done and the ticking noise is gone, that's what I meant - added quietness to the already wind noise free car.

As for the shifting, it up shifts going up hill and that's annoying. It happens when there are cars in front of me and I can't go any faster to keep the car in 4th. I slightly depress the gas pedal to avoid touching the car in front of me in an uphill situation and it shifts to 5th gear, while the CORRECT thing to do would be to stay in 4th where the sweet spot for torque is attained, around 2,300 to 2,500 rpm on city driving.

Quick Reply: My biggest disapointment with with this car so far....