LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Let's Help Lexus: How Would You Improve the LS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-09, 10:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Actually, they should put the screens behind the front head rests, like next year's new RX.
exactly, that's what i want. when the exec package first came out, i already questioned the position of rear screen not optimal

I would imagine that one day, Lexus MIGHT offer a V6 hybrid with V8-like power for the LS, much like the GS450h, & if equipped with lithium ion batteries & with equivalent of ~400hp (let's say, a LS500hL), I won't necessarily be opposed to that. But I would hope they would improve on the LS600hL at the same time too if they do that.

But if it's just a "regular" LS350, then it's a , at least for N.America.
yes, i think if it's v6 hybrid, then it's debatable here in the US market

Originally Posted by miniz
Is everyone else seeing the same exhaust burn on the surrounding silver/gold trim? It is really ugly to look at.
shouldn't that be part of maintenance? i mean it's just like washing your car right? if you don't wash your car for a month, it's going to look like crap

even cars with normal exhaust opening design, the tips get all dirty and what not over time if you don't clean / polish them
Old 01-06-09, 11:05 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

They should have the APSSS(Active Power Stabilizer Suspension System) as standard(or at least an option) equipment for the LS460L to reduce body lean. They have that for the 600hL, but won't even offer it as an option for the LS460's
Lexus have to realize that having an active suspension system not only improve the driving experience, but ride comfort as well, with the negligible body lean and dips when cornering and braking. I would pay for this option happily, much more than being forced to pay extra(because of the way they package their options) for useless options like the self-park

Yes I think they need to make better/fancier looking wheels available at least as an option, right now, the only one that I kinda like is the split spokes that comes with the 600hL Launch Edition.

Lexus comfort in straighaway while reducing boat leaning.

Lexus is reading b/c they finally added the passenger memory seat, unlocking the "I agree not to sue Lexus", and increased the dinky trunk space.

1. Reduce the humongous transmission hump for that rear middle passenger seat. Lexus can't get it right in any of their cars. Is the ES that high up?

2. I agree about the ugly wheels.

3. Greywood with black interiors

4. I thought the glove box is cheap and flimsy. LS430 is of better quality.
Old 01-06-09, 11:10 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek

3. Greywood with black interiors

4. I thought the glove box is cheap and flimsy. LS430 is of better quality
Hey at least my Exec. Package have leather over the glove box , but not on the non-exec's.

I actually really like the grey wood with the light grey interior too, the colors are perfectly matched in that interior.
Also, I hope they bring back the saddle leather with the antique brown wood for the LS460.
Old 01-06-09, 12:16 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes I think they need to make better/fancier looking wheels available at least as an option, right now, the only one that I kinda like is the split spokes that comes with the 600hL Launch Edition.
You mean these, right?

Old 01-06-09, 12:19 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by terrain
no interest in Pano Roof - had it on our last Merc not interested in having it again.
Gotta agree, I think it looks tacky...
Old 01-06-09, 12:40 PM
garyr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I did not read all the posts if some are mentioned again.

Nav override.....I fixed that myself

Need to open trunk with car unlocked without the key.

Cig lighter needs to be on when car is off so you can charge your cell while traveling.

The garage door opener needs to be off when the car is off, this way the bad guys can't just simply break your window than enter your house.

On the touring package painted calipers with the Lexus logo on them like AMG does.

Sun shades on the LWB with touring pack for side doors.

Lex link with touring package

Laser cruise with touring package.

Rear climate control option with touring package.

AWD touring package 19" wheels

Let Garmin design the Nav system

Center arm rest should slide forward making it easier to use.

Don't cheap out and use all LED on all the lights.

Use HID for high beam, come up with a servo system like Volvo uses.

Trunk should open and close auto from a switch in the door and have a auto up function if your arm gets caught, now it will chop off your arm.

Slightly darker tint (one way) for the rear and back glass-privacy.

Make a larger shifter for man hands.

Turn signals on the mirror.

Illuminating door sills.

A subtle rear spoiler option.

More wheel options.

How about a compass in the mirror, I still need one even with Nav.

Lastly I would like to see 12,000 volts released when some AH dings your car melting the other car. Of course this would only deploy when you did everything you could to park away from other cars yet that spacial person has to park 6 inches from you than open their door with their foot
Old 01-06-09, 02:49 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Speaking of more performance, the rumored LS-Sport model may come this year...
Old 01-06-09, 04:06 PM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by garyr

Lastly I would like to see 12,000 volts released when some AH dings your car melting the other car. Of course this would only deploy when you did everything you could to park away from other cars yet that spacial person has to park 6 inches from you than open their door with their foot
This should be mandatory, and also include a feature that automatically sprays the AH with a long lasting chemical coctail similar to a skunk.
Old 01-06-09, 04:26 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

shouldn't that be part of maintenance? i mean it's just like washing your car right? if you don't wash your car for a month, it's going to look like crap

even cars with normal exhaust opening design, the tips get all dirty and what not over time if you don't clean / polish them
I have two friends with 07's. One cleans her 460 once a week and purchased it new. The other one cleans his 460 once a month. Both have the issue. Cleaning burnt plastic isn't possible. It isn't a cleanable object and shouldn't be an issue on such an expensive car. Plastic should not have been used as exhaust tips.
Old 01-06-09, 04:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CEOEngr
This should be mandatory, and also include a feature that automatically sprays the AH with a long lasting chemical coctail similar to a skunk.
LOL, it reminds me of James Bond films with electric zapping cars, and also 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea...

Realistically, it would be quite interesting to have some form of parking lot protection but the legalese...
Old 01-06-09, 06:01 PM
RedRider
Rookie

Originally Posted by encore888
LOL, it reminds me of James Bond films with electric zapping cars, and also 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea...

Realistically, it would be quite interesting to have some form of parking lot protection but the legalese...

Ok...so add a shop vac to suck up the puddle after the AH's heap has been liquified.

No fuss, no muss, no AH
Old 01-06-09, 06:24 PM
RedRider
Rookie

I can sum up most of my wish list into one:

Bring the computer technology into the 21st century

If I tried to sell my clients computer hardware and software that costs this much and couldn't be easily upgraded or replaced...I'd be out of a job and quick

At this price point Lexus should offer:

1. User upgradeable software for Nav and entertainment
Let me choose the music management software that I want. The same goes for Nav. Lexus cars can last a long time and they age well. Software doesn't. Long before my Lexus wears out, the entertainment and nav software will be sorely out of date. Lexus knows this. That's why they give us a free quarterly update on GraceNotes so new CD info is available. Another case in point... my 1999 GS 400 has many thousands of miles left in it but Lexus has stopped updating the HDD nav system so my data is frozen in time at 2004. I could yank the factory nav and put in a 3rd party unit but then what about climate controls, trip computer, etc.? I wouldn't mind shelling out another $1K to replace the brains and storage for the nav system every 5 years or so, if that were an option. I just would like to have the choice.

2. User upgradeable storage
Let's face it, every few years a new bright shiny thingie comes out that is faster, lighter, holds gobs more stuff and costs less than the last thingie. I should be able to plug my new thingie in without having to take the car apart. I can do that with my $900 desktop PC, so why not with my $60,000 Lexus?

When it comes to computer technology, the folks at Lexus design like it was 1999...well, actually more like 1989 but who's counting?

Last edited by RedRider; 01-06-09 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-06-09, 09:07 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by miniz
I have two friends with 07's. One cleans her 460 once a week and purchased it new. The other one cleans his 460 once a month. Both have the issue. Cleaning burnt plastic isn't possible. It isn't a cleanable object and shouldn't be an issue on such an expensive car. Plastic should not have been used as exhaust tips.
Those tips, as you call them are stainless steel, not plastic. Or are we talking about the same thing?

I can't figure out why theirs are burnishing other than high exhaust temperatures. Mine are still this color. And the previous 460 I owned for sixteen months never showed signs of discoloration.
Attached Thumbnails Let's Help Lexus: How Would You Improve the LS?-exhaust-tips.jpg  

Last edited by Johnny; 01-06-09 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-06-09, 11:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnaby
Those tips, as you call them are stainless steel, not plastic. Or are we talking about the same thing?

I can't figure out why theirs are burnishing other than high exhaust temperatures. Mine are still this color. And the previous 460 I owned for sixteen months never showed signs of discoloration.
yup, i am very much confused as well.....?! i don't have the car anymore but those trims are metal from what i recall. i used metal polish and they were clean as hell

and the surrounding bumper area (body color), they shouldn't be affected at all, i haven't seen any
Old 01-06-09, 11:48 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

And.... those "tips" are not part of the exhaust system (i.e. not connected, unlike real tips). They're more of a aesthetic design feature, so even exhaust temperature shouldn't be too much of an issue, unless the system runs hot and/or "dirty".

Quick Reply: Let's Help Lexus: How Would You Improve the LS?