LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Let's Help Lexus: How Would You Improve the LS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-10 | 01:50 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
3) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, UNLOCK THE DAMN NAV !!!!
in europe, it is more then a year that is unlocked with latest naw dvd...
Old 02-21-10 | 04:37 AM
cmbnova
Driver School Candidate

Two LS models now 2006-430 and 2008-LS460....but have had several previous BMW 7 models...
-I think there is no excuse for the wind noise issue with a $70K car
-The BMW comfort seats (option) are vastly superior to the LS especially for long trips.
Old 02-21-10 | 01:42 PM
ikeb
Driver

1) get rid of the company that does the navigation system and get a new company - my iphone with the navigon app is way better than the current crappy navigation system. just copy tom tom's or navigon's app for the lexus.

2) the gauges should be digital only -

3) real digital access from an ipod or iphone to the nav/sterio system (currently its analog only). lexus should pay apple the digital access fee.

Last edited by ikeb; 02-21-10 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-23-10 | 04:59 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

I would like to see an option to have fold down rear seats. The trunk, in my opinion, is rather small for a car this size. Having the fold down rear seats would allow for more storage for those times when the trunk is just too small. By the way - a Lexus sales person once told me that Lexus would never have fold down seats in the LS because they are too concerned with noise.

Another option I would like to see is Drive Dynamic front seats. In the MB (E and S classes), the seat cushion bolsters automatically inflate/deflate depending on the car's lean. It is actually pretty cool and a nice feature. They also have a lot of adjustment options for the seat cushions as well as a massage function.

The NAV system in the LS gets a lot of bashing but it is head and shoulders better than the one in my now departed BMW 550i. I would like to be able to use it when driving, however without having to install an override.
Old 02-23-10 | 09:45 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Bring back the dual TPMS recognition system like was on my '06 GS430.
Sure a pain in the *** to have to have the TPMS reprogrammed twice a year when changing seasonal tires.

Also bring back the passenger seat memory buttons.

Whit
Old 02-23-10 | 10:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by WhitBaby
Bring back the dual TPMS recognition system like was on my '06 GS430.
Sure a pain in the *** to have to have the TPMS reprogrammed twice a year when changing seasonal tires.

Also bring back the passenger seat memory buttons.

Whit
i believe it's been back since last year?
Old 02-23-10 | 12:56 PM
beun
Rookie

Apart from the obvious stuff mentioned by others like the DAMN NAV, I have a few more

1) Give me my cell phone storage bin in the center stack back, the LS430 had it.
2) The channel up/down buttons should be located up and down not left and right, the L430 did it correctly.
3) When in automatic windshield wiper mode give me a manual wipe back by pushing the stalk, the LS430 had it. The automatic mode does not seem to work very well with a very fine mist.
4) When locking the door from the inside FOLD THE MIRRORS, again the LS430 did this, it is stupid to have to use the outside button.
5) The seat heater light is too far back, I cannot see when sitting in the chair.
6) Get me a better lumbar system, it sucks. Also put it on the seat memory.
7) Why doesn't it read a DVD with MP3's, it reads regular DVD's.
8) The inside paneling seems to be of inferior quality lately, after a year it already looks rubbed and worn down around the door.
Old 02-24-10 | 04:43 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Pretty much everything S550 has, especially the "Active Body Control" (ABC features a series of sensors and electronically controlled hydraulics designed to counteract the effects of roll, vibration, pitch, dive and squat during cornering--meaning it delivers an excellent balance of ride comfort and responsiveness. Offering selectable Sport and Comfort settings that allow the driver to choose the desired combination of suspension stiffness and bodyroll sensitivity, the technology also automatically stiffens the outer ).

They also need some new technology like Wifi in the car, access internet on the Navi Screen. Watch streaming video (Netflix, Vudo, etc.) Heads-up display for Navi system, so the main screen can be used to watch Video. Wifi would also download new POI's and new roads daily! Update business that are also closed! If the information is too much, then concentrate the area to your state.
Old 02-24-10 | 09:03 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
i believe it's been back since last year?
I must have gotten the runt of the litter '08 then. Seems if their '06 GS had it their '08 should have it too. This LS460 is supposed to be their 'flagship' right", well, maybe just a 'regressed' flagship?

Whit
Old 02-24-10 | 11:13 AM
ikeb
Driver

i like the ABC thing - i've never seen it - yesterday i took a corner fast (i hardly ever do it in my 460) and i now understand about the cornering.
Old 02-24-10 | 11:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by WhitBaby
I must have gotten the runt of the litter '08 then. Seems if their '06 GS had it their '08 should have it too. This LS460 is supposed to be their 'flagship' right", well, maybe just a 'regressed' flagship?

Whit
well, funny thing is even back in 2007, the LS in japan had memory for passenger seats. it's just US spec. talk about something weird from toyota. and this is a problem for LS from long time ago, not just ls460
Old 03-20-10 | 04:56 AM
bmorrow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by beun
8) The inside paneling seems to be of inferior quality lately, after a year it already looks rubbed and worn down around the door.
Perhaps TSIB LS-SB-0018-08 would help in this regard:

Check out this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-and-tear.html
Old 03-23-10 | 05:16 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Well it looks like the 2010 LS lineup has certain things that people asked for .

Now I fully realize Lexus is deep into development of the next-gen LS, but here is what I would really like to see on the next-gen model:

- Unique one piece front and rear bumpers for the LS Sport instead of the bumpers on the current LS Sport which have tacked-on pieces
- Offer at least some of the L-Select customization options from Japan in other markets like the US and Europe
- Offer an LFA-style customizable LCD gauge cluster
- Offer real carbon-fiber trim on the LS Sport or equivalent Sports model
- A more luxurious interior, using buttons and ***** that are more exclusive to the LS or at least more Lexus-exclusive, and not shared with a bunch of other Toyota models.
- More little details and touches in the interior and exterior, like contrasting stitching, subtle chrome trim, more interesting plastic and color choices, subtle chrome trim and detailing on the exterior
- Dramatically improve the fuel economy of the LS hybrid, and further differentiate the hybrid from the regular LS models
- Differentiate the exterior styling more from Toyota models, give it a more exclusive and expensive-looking exterior
- Push the overall execution, quality, and craftsmanship of the interior and the whole car to a new level compared with the competition and other Lexus models
- Upgrade and improve the engine to set it apart from other competitors
- Add more laser welding to the chassis and frame for better structural rigidity and better handling/ride
- Use knowledge from the LFA project to improve high-speed stability
- Offer rear entertainment screens attached to, or behind the headrests like the new RX has
- Upgrade and improve the ML Reference Surround System, using some of the new technology from the LFA. Further differentiate the Reference ML system from the competition, make it once again the clear class leader

That's all I can think of for now. There is always room for improvement .
Old 03-23-10 | 09:50 AM
ikeb
Driver

1) ipod/iphone integration is fair
a) changing a playlist is a nighmare - they should at least have an alphebet you can select
b) Playlists alway start at the top regardless of the playlist you are in.
c) iphone syncing of phone number should also bring over the addresses
d) voice recognition is a semi joke
e) lexus should pay apple the fee for digutal out
f) no iphone holder in car
2) Navigation screen leaves a lot to be desired
3) Side mirror switch needs to be changed - you have to be on the right mirror or left mirror to make the reverse down work - having it in the center voids the reverse down
4) Hold needs to be moved
5) turn signals need a loud sound
6) lumbar is only fair
7) with eco on - no pick up
8) driver's seat front does not go up high enough - hard to explain- just the front of the seat needs to tilt up a little higher
9) the engine is so quiet that sometimes i forget its on and just leave the car - it needs to beep if the drivers door is open and the engine is on 9i'm not use to the keyless

egnition.
10) no place to put garbage
11) want a digital display
12) need an inside temp - not just the goal for the system
13) needs ABC
14) door sill lights
15) 1 more electrical outlet (where cigarette lighter can be installed would be a good location)
16) ability to personalize the startup screen on the nav system.

Last edited by ikeb; 03-23-10 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-23-10 | 10:10 AM
wsteiner
Driver School Candidate

1. usb port for a zip drive to hold mp3's and record from zip drive to hardrive
2. record mp3's to hardrive from CD. Ripping 30GB from audio CD's is semi useless.
3. Driver seat position switch should select which cell phone to use. If there are several drivers of the car, there is usually more than 1 cell phone pairing. Now to select a cell phone, the car must be stopped and you must go through 4 selections to select the phone. If you forget, and you are moving, you need to stop and select your cell phone.
4. Simpler voice command for calling like "call fred home or call fred mobile"
5. Eliminate voice tags. My cell phone doesn't need them why does my car?
6. Easier way to update NAV maps and POI's. Now I need to take it into a lexus dealer and it costs over $250 to do it. Updates only come out once a year. That's not enough for POI's.

Quick Reply: Let's Help Lexus: How Would You Improve the LS?