LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Killer deal on LS460L in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-09, 09:09 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Lightbulb Killer deal on LS460L in Texas

I'm at my Lexus dealer right now, gettng an oil change, and my salesguy showed me a new loaded '08 LS460L w/Executive Pkg. on the floor ... it's black/black, and has a sticker price of like $97k. They are just now advertising it for $76K.

I have had my LS for only a year, and I have no need for an L/Exec anyway, but it IS a killer deal. And they also have a white/black one they'll sell at the same price. That's $21,000 off list.

I don't work for the dealership or have any vested interest in sellig them, but if anyone might be interested in one of these cars, they're at Park Place Lexus in Grapevine, TX.

Old 01-07-09, 11:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, advertised as 76k? that means you can make it even lower

really a damn nice deal! hehee, i feel even better i sold my car j/k
Old 01-07-09, 01:27 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike - that sounds like it may turn into an expensive oil change :-). Good prices on the Exec - and you should be able to get them down even more. When I purchased my L I had an option on an Exec and got them down to 72K range - but it was the wrong color (black/black). I would not be able to use the rear seat upgrades but would love to have the DVD drop down for the kids! White is the color that I wanted too Boot -

Any 600's at your dealership?
Old 01-07-09, 03:57 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by terrain
Mike - that sounds like it may turn into an expensive oil change :-). Good prices on the Exec - and you should be able to get them down even more. When I purchased my L I had an option on an Exec and got them down to 72K range - but it was the wrong color (black/black). I would not be able to use the rear seat upgrades but would love to have the DVD drop down for the kids! White is the color that I wanted too Boot -

Any 600's at your dealership?
Fear not - I'm not about to swap my baby out for the big L.

I didn't ask about the 600's, but they had one out front a couple weeks ago when I stopped by. A lot of their stock is kept out back, so I really don't know what they have.

I was just surprised at a $21,000 drop in price, even though they are 2008's. And these are brand-new cars, too!

Old 01-07-09, 05:24 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Yep - even more of a drop on 600's if you can find one - problem is that with the drop you are stuck with very limited color's... Found a Red 600 - with Alabaster interior but in the end could not do red.
Old 01-07-09, 07:45 PM
mike_g
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Fear not - I'm not about to swap my baby out for the big L.

I didn't ask about the 600's, but they had one out front a couple weeks ago when I stopped by. A lot of their stock is kept out back, so I really don't know what they have.

I was just surprised at a $21,000 drop in price, even though they are 2008's. And these are brand-new cars, too!

Looks like they have three and they put them on ebay...Here is one of them
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...spagenameZWDVW
Old 01-07-09, 09:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

mike, you shouldn't be surprised. the 460l with exec package is not an easy car to sell already, in most economy. and the market is so slow, it's basically stuck inventory. it's costing dealerships so much money to "keep" the car
Old 01-08-09, 08:17 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
mike, you shouldn't be surprised. the 460l with exec package is not an easy car to sell already, in most economy. and the market is so slow, it's basically stuck inventory. it's costing dealerships so much money to "keep" the car
Yeah, no doubt. I was pretty proud to get $7,500 off my SWB LS460 a year ago, and I was just amazed to see them peel over $20,000 off these!

But they're '08's and they've got to go. Still a great deal for anyone in the market for one, though!

Old 01-08-09, 08:20 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mike_g
Looks like they have three and they put them on ebay...Here is one of them
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...spagenameZWDVW
Yep - that's it! The guy was taking the pictures yesterday while I was there.

Old 01-08-09, 08:58 AM
terrain
Pole Position

Black/Black does nothing for me... I liked the Red/White but Wife X'd that right off the bat - guess you either like the red or do not.
Old 01-08-09, 09:04 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by terrain
Black/Black does nothing for me... I liked the Red/White but Wife X'd that right off the bat - guess you either like the red or do not.
I factory ordered mine just to get the Red/white LOL . Actually I thought the Red/alabaster combo should tend to appeal to women more ? But everyone I know loves the color combo on my car, & I mean both sexes. The Nobel Spinel Mica is a gorgeous paint to look at in person under bright sunlight.
Old 01-08-09, 01:01 PM
mike_g
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Yeah, no doubt. I was pretty proud to get $7,500 off my SWB LS460 a year ago, and I was just amazed to see them peel over $20,000 off these!

But they're '08's and they've got to go. Still a great deal for anyone in the market for one, though!

Looks like a 2008 Black LS600H with 2K miles just sold at auction for $70K so you may be able to get them down to 71K or 72K.
Old 01-12-09, 06:10 PM
Vi-Tuyen
Driver

this is not fair, i purchase mine 71k for the SWB, and now it is almost a year old.
now with the deal like this I think I trade mine in. JK.
I just have a little girl, so I need room for the baby.(that the reason I did pick the executive seat.)

but dammnn what a deal If they gave me this back then I will jump over it.
Old 01-14-09, 09:10 PM
TNLS600hL
Rookie

Haha I bought my LS600hL at Park Place Grapevine not too long ago. They said it's the first LS600 they sold. They also have a silver one i don't know if it's still there but doubt anyone would pay so much for this car in silver. it looks so plain. So Mike i assume you live somewhere here in DFW area. I'm in Grand Prairie and have not seen another 600hL on the road what about you?
Old 01-14-09, 09:42 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

looks like someone purchased it. Has SOLD right across the pictures.

Quick Reply: Killer deal on LS460L in Texas