LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

IPOD Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-09, 10:47 AM
lexuspower
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IPOD Help!

We havent had the car for too long so I wanted to see how everyone here is hooking up their IPOD to the ML system.
Is there a way where it can be controlled by the ML system onscreen or is there something that must be installed to do this?
I have a 2005 BMW 645ci and I have this on my car..so cant image that a new LS didnt make this part of the radio...any advise and link would be helpful..thanks!
Old 02-18-09, 11:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you can get the vaistech units (vaistech.com). a lot of us have their products on our lexus and they work great. you can control the ipod through navigation and steering wheel. they are also vendor here, check out vendor forum for more info. they even have one for video ipod to play video on the screen

keep in mind if you want to control the ipod when driving, you need the override kit. same for the video playback. for that a lot of us have the prestigious override. you can get more info from chung@prestigioussociety.com

if you get both i highly recommend doing them together, save a lot of work
Old 02-18-09, 05:52 PM
clambros
Driver

I have the VAISTECH unit in my 460L. I love it. Steering wheel controls, you see the song title on the screen, etc. Almost like it came that way from the factory. Just be careful with their video unit and early 460s .. if you have a first production run LS460, the video won't work (due to the AMP configuration, that was fixed in a later production run). No matter, I love mine .. its one of the best investments I made for my LS !

Now if Lexus could just fix the wind noise :-)
Old 02-18-09, 08:59 PM
lexuspower
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
you can get the vaistech units (vaistech.com). a lot of us have their products on our lexus and they work great. you can control the ipod through navigation and steering wheel. they are also vendor here, check out vendor forum for more info. they even have one for video ipod to play video on the screen

keep in mind if you want to control the ipod when driving, you need the override kit. same for the video playback. for that a lot of us have the prestigious override. you can get more info from chung@prestigioussociety.com

if you get both i highly recommend doing them together, save a lot of work
Thanks Rominl,
Do you know which model from vaistech that is best for a 2008 LS460L with navi and Mark Levinson System? There seems to be alot of choices.
Also, where would you put the ipod cable in the car? is it ran to the glove compartment or the center console?
Old 02-18-09, 11:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

to put in ipod, it seems like the sl2i?
http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/Application_Guide.pdf

it's pretty confusing, but if you contact them directly i am sure they can help. you can run the ipod cable to a lot of places. i have run them to both the glove box and the center console in different cars before, both places are very much doable. it's more about where you want the ipod
Old 02-23-09, 05:38 PM
mkaresh
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did full iPod integration become standard on the 2009 LS 460, or is an adapter still necessary?

I do see that Lexus offers an optional adapter for most models, but not the 2009 LS 460.
Old 02-23-09, 06:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mkaresh
Did full iPod integration become standard on the 2009 LS 460, or is an adapter still necessary?

I do see that Lexus offers an optional adapter for most models, but not the 2009 LS 460.
the lexus ipod adapter should work on the ls460 as well, i don't see why not. but to answer your question, no, the ls460 still doesn't have full ipod integration.
Old 02-23-09, 08:22 PM
mkaresh
Rookie

Thanks for the info. The LX 570 appears to have full integration. Any idea if this is correct?

Just seems odd they'd include this in the LX but not the LS.
Old 02-23-09, 10:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i don't think so

http://www.lexus.com/models/LX/featu...ns_center.html

it says aux input, if so that's the same as ls
Old 02-24-09, 05:14 AM
mkaresh
Rookie

Yep, noticed the same thing. Also just took a closer look at the high-res version of this photo:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/l...570_59-prv.jpg

Clearly just a basic aux-in.

I had someone on a Hyundai Genesis forum claiming that the LS 460 had full iPod integration standard. Thank you for your help clearing this up. I must say it's quite odd that Lexus is behind the curve on this feature.
Old 02-24-09, 08:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mkaresh
Yep, noticed the same thing. Also just took a closer look at the high-res version of this photo:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/l...570_59-prv.jpg

Clearly just a basic aux-in.

I had someone on a Hyundai Genesis forum claiming that the LS 460 had full iPod integration standard. Thank you for your help clearing this up. I must say it's quite odd that Lexus is behind the curve on this feature.
well lexus had their reason but it seems like they are giving in

the new rx i believe has full ipod integration. i am not 100% but that's the impression i got when i glanced through the stuff
Old 03-08-09, 09:39 PM
Robert_P
Driver School Candidate

Default IPod Integration

I just got a 2009 LS460 last week and no, the IPod integration is not standard as in the 2010RX. My dealer in Houston, however told me when I was buying the car that they can install an IPod adapter that plays through the Navi system with full control through the Navi system. I have no idea how they are going to do this with only an AUX In line to work with but I am assured it works great once installed.

My salesman told me it costs an extra $999. I laughed so hard I spit up the Diet Coke I had just drank. He ended up throwing it in for free to get the deal done. I am getting it installed on Wednesday along with the K40 Front/Back Laser Radar Detector. I will post how it ends up after that.
Old 03-09-09, 12:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the lexus ipod kit is about 200 bucks, install can't be more than 100
Old 03-09-09, 10:09 AM
mkaresh
Rookie

High initial prices for something that'll be standard equipment in many cars in a few years. We're talking a port and a small amount of software--cost in volume must be under $5.
Old 03-09-09, 10:34 AM
lexuspower
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
the lexus ipod kit is about 200 bucks, install can't be more than 100
So is the lexus ipod kit better than the Vasi-Tech kit? or vice versa and why?

Quick Reply: IPOD Help!