LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

ECU Upgrade Jet Chips Power Programmer

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-09 | 12:47 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Default ECU Upgrade Jet Chips Power Programmer

Has anyone tried this ??

http://www.familycar.com/store/?Ntt=...ammer&oes=true

a programmable chip for 298 USD ?

No further info is given in terms of power difference.
Old 04-14-09 | 09:57 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Could anyone provide us with more info plz ?
Old 04-16-09 | 02:36 PM
JTS09
Rookie

Default LS460 ECU Mod's from Jet Performance/ Exhaust Inquiry

Greetings:
I am very familiar with Jet Performance, and they are actually located about 20 miles from my home in Southern California. While they do have Chip and Module solutions that do indeed work for many manufacturer's, be wary of using them for the 460. Toyota is extremely guarded about their ECU/ECM program codes, and even restricted the access to Rod Millen Motorsports, when they were doing the development of the IS350. They had taken an IS250 and loaded a GS430 motor into the chassis, to do extensive testing for Lexus on a new platform that evolved into the IS350. I was actually there several times while that development was going on, and they had related how TRD would not give them the Fuel mapping data , and would only hand them a reprogrammed ECU instead, as they didn't want to put the software/firmware data into RMM's, or any other sources hands. It is possible that JP has been successful with a re-mapped curve that they are implementing, but I think it's questionable. Lexus seals their ECU's and the Chips are soldered in. So many others have already tried to work this angle to get more fuel into the motor, with questionable results. Tom's racing out of Japan, supposedly has a OBD plug in module that eliminates the programmed delay that Lexus implemnts one the "Drive by Wire" throttle input of the 460. I've been trying to get more data on the solution, and will share it with you when I can do some more discovery.

On your exhaust inquiry, I simply went to a local performance shop, and we installed some Magna Flow exhaust cans in place of the stock, fairly restrictive mufflers, and the car sounds great. Installed some K&N's on the intake side, and I'm really pleased. Not too loud, just a pleasant roar when you wind it up, and I feeel like I picked up a few horsepower in the process. Hope this all helps. Jim
Old 04-17-09 | 12:54 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks a Lot for the explanation.

Originally Posted by JTS09
On your exhaust inquiry, I simply went to a local performance shop, and we installed some Magna Flow exhaust cans in place of the stock, fairly restrictive mufflers, and the car sounds great. Installed some K&N's on the intake side, and I'm really pleased. Not too loud, just a pleasant roar when you wind it up, and I feeel like I picked up a few horsepower in the process. Hope this all helps. Jim
Will i feel any difference after installing the K&N's Filter only ?

If so where could i get those K&N's ?

Is this how they look like ..?

If so , then id love to share the buy link :

http://www.familycar.com/store/?Ntt=...ilter&oes=true

Are there any High Performance Air Filters besides K&N's ?

Waiting for your response.
Old 04-17-09 | 11:35 AM
JTS09
Rookie

Default Response to K&N Inquiry

The K&N filters alone will increase air flow, a very small amount, but it all helps!
The ECU is constantly monitoring the intake air flow and meters a small amount of extra fuel for the increase in air flow. In this case again, we are talking a vey small amount of potential gain. Engines are essentially sophisticated air pumps and anything you can do to increase the fusion of air and fuel increases efficiency. The ECU has some mapping leeway to allow for the extra fuel flow when it detects the increased vacuum/ inrush at various throttle settings.
When I did the low restriction mufflers, I was sure I noticed a moderate amount of improved throttle response. Sometimes it's hard to tell as the increase in exhaust tone always leads one to feel like your ripping along a little faster. I build race motors as a hobby, and have access to a Dyno, so I am hoping to do a little testing when possible.

I'm really pushing for more data on the Tom's Racing Japan OBD Plug In and plan to buy one soon. I am only hesitating in that I was advised by one source that it only works on the Japanese version LS460. I'll keep you tuned.

Regarding your picture, yes those do appear to be the same as mine. They are typically available from any common Auto Parts Store , but I did have to special order mine. The K&N website should have some distributor data for your region. Jim
Old 04-17-09 | 12:53 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Thanx For your reply ,
If theres any upgrades regarding ECU please keep me posted.
Old 04-17-09 | 11:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

cool to see some LS tuners. I thought it would be mostly older boulevard cruisers and retirees. Nice job guys. Keep the pioneering going
Old 04-18-09 | 08:00 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Could Someone give me an International Direct Buy Link please ?

The one i posted ships inside US only.
Old 02-19-12 | 07:40 PM
mnlexuslvr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
cool to see some LS tuners. I thought it would be mostly older boulevard cruisers and retirees. Nice job guys. Keep the pioneering going
Always the impression people have of LS's (in general)...

I wish there were some aftermarket tuning options available for the car (I came across this thread looking for "performance chips") as they are - in my humble and very biased opinion - the finest cars on the planet for the $.

I am on my 3rd LS (previous ones were LS430's) and although the 460 is a bit of different ride (a bit harsher) I love the car and its performance. Not to get a bashing thread going on other cars (I love the looks and initial "feel" of MB's, BMW's, and Audi's) but for dialy drivers you can't beat the comfort, driveability, and dependability of the LS. I have only deviated from Lexus one time in the last 14 years (bought a new 2006 MB E55) and although the car was an absolute rocketship (took it to the strip a few times and my best run was a 12.13 @115.7 bone stock) I would never have a DAILY DRIVER of any of the cars mentioned (a second or weekend car is "OK" and desirable but again for a daily driver they are tough to beat). Not trying to get a debate going (one may develop) and I can only imagine there are lots of people on this thread who may disagree and I am interested in hearing counterpoints to the "opinion".

OK, back to the thread; I wish there were more tuning options. I would like to get the car close to or over 400HP...

TK
Old 02-19-12 | 09:00 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Intake and exhaust are going to be your best way to pick up some HP. Many "chips" and so on actually have NO horsepower gains but just trick the computer to think your pushing the pedal down harder then you actually are.

If you can, headers and a full catback exhaust, large intake system, possibly larger throttle body, ect. It's all about airflow both in and out of the engine.
Old 03-28-12 | 01:35 AM
416Kenyce
Driver School Candidate

Default geforce chip

Hi everyone i recently got ictchy and bought a geforce chip online without reading about it, only 80 buks,

i have a 06 GS430, should i put it in..? kinda scared now, after reading a lil about it : /
Old 03-30-12 | 04:08 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
CL Folding 100000

the "geforce" chip is a couple of $0.02 resistors and will not help the car at all. don't even both installing them. complete and utter load of crap.

JET is a known tuning tool, and honestly not a very good one. not many shops tune with them, and JET has a VERY poor record of customer service, business practices, and support.

if you really want to make some power, your options are limited as the toyota ecu has not been cracked (so no reflashed firmware is available). a piggyback ecu ala Apex'I SAFC Neo or AEM F/IC-8 may result in moderate gains with competent tuning but the factory setup doesnt leave as much room as old first and second generation EFI cars did. (so don't expect any 40-50hp gains from a tune alone).

do some research, search these forums and the internet for solid reviews. www.lextreme.com is a good place for lexus/toyota V8 performance information.
Old 03-30-12 | 10:36 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Unlike Nissan /Infiniti there are very few options when it comes ECU tuning. I remember with my G I just took the car to a shop called Technosquare and they made the car a beast in about 2 hours
Old 03-30-12 | 11:45 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Unlike Nissan /Infiniti there are very few options when it comes ECU tuning. I remember with my G I just took the car to a shop called Technosquare and they made the car a beast in about 2 hours

i remember them use to be in cali now its uprev for ecu flashes wish lexus toyota will do that!!
Old 03-30-12 | 03:06 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Technosquare is still in CA and they're still the go-to shop for the VQ motor.

Quick Reply: ECU Upgrade Jet Chips Power Programmer