LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Cone injen high performance air filter ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-09, 11:50 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cone injen high performance air filter ?

I hate to be n00b ...

How can the Cone filter be installed in the LS 460 Filters ??

Isnt it suppose to be a panel ..

INJEN HIGH PERFORMANCE AIR FILTER -- 2.75 in. Mouth Diameter, 6 in. Base, 5 in. Tall, 5 in. Top, Features Black Urethane Body With Red Filter Media, Provides Excellent Air Flow And Filtration, Washable And Reusable, With Injen's Limited Lifetime Warranty

Last edited by uae; 05-05-09 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-05-09, 02:13 PM
JTS09
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conical Filter Question

You cannot use this item with the standard Airbox.
This is a Conical Style High Flow Filter , typically used with a Cold Air Snorkle style intake, which would replace your existing airbox.
Haven't seen one yet for the 460.

I have used them many times on my other vehicles in performance applications.

The best you can do for the moment, is buy the K&N style OEM washable High Flow Filter we had previously discussed. I believe you posted a picture and inquiry on these before.
It's available on line, or from many auto parts stores. Jim
Old 05-06-09, 01:45 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Thanx man i already have the K&N pannel filters but i see no power diff.

Copy & paste this keywords into google:

LS 460 INJEN HIGH PERFORMANCE AIR FILTER

Hit the first thread. It's already out.

I tried copying and pasting the link here but it will show as Asterisk

http://www.**************/mmparts/lexus-ls460/air_filter.html

Blitz Throttle Controler is woth the money ;-)

HKS Spark Plugs soon

INGS + 1 Muffler Exhaust soon

Last edited by uae; 05-06-09 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-07-09, 10:59 AM
JTS09
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Intake and Exhaust/ Blitz Install

Hello uae: You won't see any gains, just with the new , low restriction K&N's alone. While they do allow for a very small increase in airflow, the engine can only process what the ECU senses as an overall increase in system flow. That means that at a minimum, you need to reduce the exhaust drag that is present with the highly restrictive OEM mufflers/resonators. Even after you change those out, don't expect any huge gains as the fuel flow curve is set to some tight standards based on the original motor profile. The ECU will learn, and allow some additional fuel flow when it senses the higher intake flow rate, but a moderate amount. If you do modify your exhaust and intake, remember it takes about 3 full tankfulls of fuel to fully set the new baseline in the ECU. Must keep running 91 Octane as well, and even one tank of lower Octane fuel will reset you to the original fuel map profile. On the Blitz Controller, are you really convinced that it is giving you additional Throttle Response?
After much research, I'm convinced it is basically just accelerating the pedal response, which makes one feel like you are launching more quickly. Since it is just tied into the pedal module, and not synced directly into the ECU/Injection Ports, it can't really change the fuel delivery any differently. Appears to just ramp up the pedal response, which is the same as what can be achieved by flooring the accelerator quickly. Jim
Old 05-07-09, 01:41 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JTS09
Hello uae: You won't see any gains, just with the new , low restriction K&N's alone. While they do allow for a very small increase in airflow, the engine can only process what the ECU senses as an overall increase in system flow. That means that at a minimum, you need to reduce the exhaust drag that is present with the highly restrictive OEM mufflers/resonators. Even after you change those out, don't expect any huge gains as the fuel flow curve is set to some tight standards based on the original motor profile. The ECU will learn, and allow some additional fuel flow when it senses the higher intake flow rate, but a moderate amount. If you do modify your exhaust and intake, remember it takes about 3 full tankfulls of fuel to fully set the new baseline in the ECU. Must keep running 91 Octane as well, and even one tank of lower Octane fuel will reset you to the original fuel map profile. On the Blitz Controller, are you really convinced that it is giving you additional Throttle Response?
After much research, I'm convinced it is basically just accelerating the pedal response, which makes one feel like you are launching more quickly. Since it is just tied into the pedal module, and not synced directly into the ECU/Injection Ports, it can't really change the fuel delivery any differently. Appears to just ramp up the pedal response, which is the same as what can be achieved by flooring the accelerator quickly. Jim
Thanx for the clarification ,

Regarding the blitz i dont feel any HP gain, but as you said it accelerates the pedal response. Im getting INGS+1 mufflers installed in a week i suppose , will see how it goes on.