LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 Named Top Luxury Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-09, 10:03 AM
JTS09
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS460 Named Top Luxury Vehicle

I'm sure many of you saw this come out last week, and it was showcased on AOL's Annual Car Satisfaction and Recommendation Survey.
Even with all of the miscellaneous issues we've had, it's nice to see the 460 ranked #1 once again, for the Top High End Luxury category.
See Below

Most Recommended Cars
AOL Autos Exclusive 5.27.09
A powerful measure of a vehicle's true value could be measured by peer reviews. AutoPacific's Vehicle Satisfaction Award is an industry benchmark for measuring how satisfied an owner is with his/her new car or light truck. The new rankings are out for 2009.

Most Recommended Cars »

Premium Luxury Car: Lexus LS
The Lexus LS 460 boasts available features and comfort that until recently were only associated with ultra-expensive marks such as Rolls-Royce. Features such as a power reclining rear seat complete with an ottoman and massager, and a built-in beverage cooler. Safety features include eight standard air bags, ABS, electronic brake assist, ESP, adaptive front lighting that turns corners, and tire pressure monitoring.

Last edited by JTS09; 06-01-09 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-01-09, 01:00 PM
JTS09
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS460 Additional Accolades/ Plus vs. MB S550

Hey, I forgot to mention another milestone we had reached again this year. Namely, that Consumer Reports had named the LS460 the Top Vehicle once again. In addition, I found this inetersting Mercedes Blog that was tied to the Consumer Reports customer feedback site.
Take a look at the comments made about the multitude of issues that S550 owners (the vehicle most oft compared in the upper echelons, and quite a bit more $) have had these past 2 years. I found another site but it was truly overkill , as the comments were about the same. The following list is just the first page of what appeared to run on for many, many pages. Figured the point was made.
It all makes me that much more resolute in the decision I made to purchase the 460. Enjoy. Jim

See Below

Posted by: John McDonnell | Oct 16, 2008 9:52:16 AM

I'm having a problem with my new 2008 S550. When you hit the gas the car does not respond, the RPM'S go up but the car does not move. I've had the car in twice and Service is telling me they don't know what the problem is. Anyone else having transmission problems?

Posted by: Alan | Nov 11, 2008 12:13:27 PM

S550 has been a quality nightmare. I leased the car in October of 2006.
Front breaks have been replaced 3 times the last time they told me I was too hard on them and I had to pay for replacement.
Oil light defective.
Wiper sensors don't work properly. It goes on and on..
NOTE: MBA could care less about its customers..BEWARE

Posted by: Samantha | Nov 11, 2008 12:47:15 PM

Unfortunately we all have spent a lot of money on the new Mercedes S Class. I made my purchase of the S550 almost two years ago. The transmission did not last two years. The only option was to replace it. I've never known the automatic windshield wipers to work properly. Approximately every two to three months the pulleys malfunction. There is now a lound grinding noise coming from the left front end.

Posted by: J Moore | Dec 8, 2008 3:20:49 PM

I am experiencing black soot or brake dust all on the trunk and both rear quarter panels as well as the front fenders and rims... If any one has experienced this and found a solution please enlighten me how to resolve this... thanks

Posted by: Vanessa | Dec 17, 2008 7:42:18 PM

I have a 2007 S550 and I can honestly say this is one of the worst decisions I have ever made! I have always had this car serviced and MB dealerships and had it serviced in VA complaining of a whining noise and of course they were unable to identify the noise. I have since took the car to an independent certified MB technician who identified the problem. Then I had to educate the MB dealership on what the problem was in NC and now I'm in talks with MB USA to get this transmission replaced. I was told this is NOT an uncommon problem and MB is aware this is a problem! Beware! I just recommend ConsumerReports.org think twice on recommending a car that isn't worth the hype!

Posted by: mary | Dec 18, 2008 11:05:24 AM

Does anyone know if there is anything legally that can be done about what not only MB is doing (pushing the car)but dealerships as well. I had a 2007 and experienced every problem mentioned in your comments. Our pulleys were replaced several times with the first time less then a month after purchase. It culminated when we had to replace the transmission. The dealership had the nurve to tell me that they were unaware of the problems with the vehicle. Our transmission failed on a freeway. It looks like they have put a price on our lives.

Posted by: MARY | Dec 18, 2008 11:05:25 AM

REALLY

Posted by: Jas | Dec 27, 2008 3:52:29 PM

I bought a 08 s550 and had problems from day one. When I start the car it has a vibration and you can feel it while holding the stearing wheel. I have taken it to the dealer in tacoma where I bought it numerous times but they can't seem to find the problem. Also, sometimes the wipers don't work properly and the breaks squeek!!

Posted by: John | Apr 2, 2009 9:11:13 AM

I have a 2007 S550 and at 41K miles it has needed the following: engine mounts, front air struts, air compressor, rear blower motor and regulator, reinstall instrument cluster with felt to stop squeaking, reprogram engine and transmission computers and various sensors. It is a wonderful car to drive though.

Posted by: Blake | Apr 7, 2009 11:17:40 AM

I own a 2007 S550, bought in 12/2006, and having transmission hesitation problems. Have had it to the dealer 3 times with no success. Changed oil in transmission, reflashed transmission last - nothing yet, waiting to see if problem is fixed.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Posted by: J A B | Apr 9, 2009 4:47:52 PM

Oh how I wish I had read these comments before I paid in full for a S550. The car is beautiful, primarily rides very well, and in the main lives up to its reputation! HOWEVER, at 21 months of ownership with 24,987 miles I had to replace front brake pads and rotors and was advised "you have a big car" duh??????? I am awfully displeased with this development and am not going to stop with pursuing it with the dealership. Anyone who can help me with sources to direct my complaint, please give me a shout!

Posted by: unlucky one | Apr 20, 2009 12:26:40 AM

I bought a mercedes S 550 with 22.00 miles in it. drove for less than a month , when all of a sudden the car completly went dead on me on the freeway. after I stopped I sawmajor oil leakage out of my car. I towed the car to the dealership who after some diagnostics said that nothing was wrong with engine and the oil cap was loose. Having said that the car engine oil never came on and there was never a drop of iol anytime in the past to be foin d no where around the car. and the y blamed it on me and said the case is not warrantabale and they sytuck with 44.000 dollar bill and no car to drieb and 1500 note to pay evey month. and this is the kind of service I got from the Mercedes headquaters. I swore I would nver buy another mercedes again
Does anyone know of any glitche in the system where the oil engine light doesnt come one because these guys swear that the engine light must have been on which is not true at all
thank you

Last edited by JTS09; 06-01-09 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-01-09, 02:39 PM
G2Lexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You take out MB S550 and replace it with BMW 750 and the comments are the same. I owned my BMW 750 for exactly one year and had it in the shop in excess of 10 times. I think some of the smaller MB's and BMW's have better maintenance stories...but not much better.