LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Hold KEY FOB to CLOSE Windows?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-11, 08:25 AM
iceman76
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madlad
Lock the door(s) by by holding in the black button for a second. The rear view mirrors fold in also. Continue holding the black button and the windows and sunroof will close. Must continuously hold the black button in. If you release the button for a second, it won't work. You have to unlock the door as you normally do, then perform the process again.
Does this really work?
Old 06-01-11, 08:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the black button on the door handle? i believe so. back to topic from the fob? no
Old 06-01-11, 09:11 AM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by iceman76
Does this really work?
Holding the black button on door handle will close all windows and sunroof. At least it did on my car yesterday when I tried it for the first time.
Old 06-01-11, 09:27 AM
iceman76
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
the black button on the door handle? i believe so. back to topic from the fob? no
Originally Posted by Silverpaws
Holding the black button on door handle will close all windows and sunroof. At least it did on my car yesterday when I tried it for the first time.
That's wassup. I'd rather have the option from the door, than no option to do it at all. I still don't see what the problem is. If you "forget" to close the windows, then I personally think you should go back and close 'em. Making a big deal about not being able to do it from the fob is quite funny to me. Of course it would be nice, but I'm sure LEXUS did it for a reason. We may not know why, but I'm sure there's a reason for it. Whether it's a legal thing or not, doesn't matter. Go close your windows. Atleast you don't have to "crank" all the windows closed. Heck, you don't even have to get into the car. Push the button and be glad that's all you have to do.
Old 06-01-11, 09:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Wong, this is all wong. See above posts regarding holding black button on door handle.
that's not wrong at all, that's also an option to close the windows
Old 06-01-11, 09:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

That's wassup. I'd rather have the option from the door, than no option to do it at all. I still don't see what the problem is. If you "forget" to close the windows, then I personally think you should go back and close 'em. Making a big deal about not being able to do it from the fob is quite funny to me. Of course it would be nice, but I'm sure LEXUS did it for a reason. We may not know why, but I'm sure there's a reason for it. Whether it's a legal thing or not, doesn't matter. Go close your windows. Atleast you don't have to "crank" all the windows closed. Heck, you don't even have to get into the car. Push the button and be glad that's all you have to do.
you know the point of luxury vehicles? all the unnecessary extra things. come to think about it, why do we need remotes anyway?
Old 06-01-11, 10:16 AM
iceman76
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
you know the point of luxury vehicles? All the unnecessary extra things. Come to think about it, why do we need remotes anyway?
lmao!!!!!! Touche'!

Last edited by iceman76; 06-01-11 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-01-11, 03:25 PM
edarte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wong IS wong. He says "the only way to close the windows without turning on the car or getting into is by popping the door cover and putting the physical key into the key hole and turning it to lock and hold...". So, maybe Wong is not ALL wong, but nevertheless, he is wong.
Maybe you find your joke at the expense of the user's name funny, but I don't think it is appropriate.
Old 06-01-11, 05:30 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by edarte
Maybe you find your joke at the expense of the user's name funny, but I don't think it is appropriate.
If an attempt to be humorous and informative are offensive to at least one club member, then I have no reservations about deleting the offending posts and have done so and also apologize to those who found them offensive. Thanks for expressing your opinion regarding those posts, Edarte.
Old 06-03-11, 09:32 AM
rider83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My ls430 fob will not lock/unlock driver's door. All other doors function. My driver's door will not open when I touch door handle. All other doors function properly. rider83
Old 01-27-13, 11:53 AM
pmiller
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Does this really work?
Pressing the door handle button in rolls up all the windows on my 2010 LS 460 L. Awesome!!! Also, try starting the car without having our foot on the brake. Got this from another thread and tried them both today. Press the start button once and release. Then press it and hold for 15 - 20 seconds...engine started without touching the brake pedal. Thanks to all CL members that find these great unknown features. Anyone know of a list of unknown features like this all in one place?
Old 02-22-13, 12:27 PM
jamodeo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bizpage
I have a mobile electronics shop, and do lots of remote starts on Lexus'. When you install a directed rs into a lexus and set the door locks and unlocks to latch setting for door locks it will allow the windows to go up or down when holding either the lock or or unlock buttons. Can go through the can bus system or use the factory arm and disarm wires, found in the drivers door at security ecu. I'm doing my LS460 next week, and I'll post any info I find.
Did you ever find any more information regarding this? Anything more specific?

-Joe
The following users liked this post:
steedls400 (07-23-20)
Old 07-22-20, 10:17 AM
ShaunLivo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by daryll40
The other day I got out of the car and forgot to close the windows. So I tried to hold the key fob LOCK button to close them. Nothing. Yet holding the UNLOCK will OPEN them? Now how often will someone want to OPEN windows with the FOB versus close? Put another way, I am assuming that there IS a definitive way to use the FOB to CLOSE the windows/roof but I can't figure it out. HELP!

As an aside, I guess I a bit "slow". I JUST figured out, after almost 2 years of ownership, that the CD player will read MP3 files...hundreds on 1 disc versus about 20 song on an old style CD. DUH!
Not remote but it works, to close all Ur windows and sunroof, simply use your key in the door, turn and hold it clockwise and all windows and sunroof will close. This is for rx330 model with remote rear door opening
Old 07-22-20, 09:21 PM
nisanthcp
Driver School Candidate

Yes, but in some model's and some region's
Old 07-23-20, 07:05 PM
user 710812323
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Magic!
I tried shutting the windows by holding the outside lock button and it worked. Another feature I didn't know about!

Quick Reply: Hold KEY FOB to CLOSE Windows?