LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Dealerships offering Sticker discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-09, 03:41 PM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealerships offering Sticker discounts?

I apologize for asking whats probably asked quite often but Is their a source on thas forum that may lead me to big discounts off sticker? It doesnt matter where in the country it is. A couple in my area are offering 4-5K off sticker.

I hate buying new but my car was just hit and it looks like it will be totaled. I have a 2cnd car so I'm not in a hurry but I am picky with what i want

White/Tan
Mark Lev Nav Package

I have seen A few pre-owns in white but around 25K miles, too many to replace my 12K mile car
Old 09-22-09, 04:04 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your crash. If you are looking for a white 460L exec class with 12K miles or so, I think that would be pretty difficult. With the current economy, there are lots of dealers with excess inventory for which they are paying interest for the cars sitting in their lots. So they are dealing at or near invoice, sometimes below. But those are for the cars that are sitting in their lots. When I bought my exec class, the dealers were typically special ordering them and they did not generally have them in stock, let alone having different colors to choose from. So they did not have the motivation to sell at or below invoice. Now this was two years ago, so things may have changed and dealers may have the exec classes sitting on their lots. But, given their price point, I don't think so. If you are willing to go to a less well equipped car, then I think you can go a very good deal, much better than I got, when the economy was much better. Good luck.
Old 09-22-09, 06:24 PM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Originally Posted by astrotoy
Sorry to hear about your crash. If you are looking for a white 460L exec class with 12K miles or so, I think that would be pretty difficult. With the current economy, there are lots of dealers with excess inventory for which they are paying interest for the cars sitting in their lots. So they are dealing at or near invoice, sometimes below. But those are for the cars that are sitting in their lots. When I bought my exec class, the dealers were typically special ordering them and they did not generally have them in stock, let alone having different colors to choose from. So they did not have the motivation to sell at or below invoice. Now this was two years ago, so things may have changed and dealers may have the exec classes sitting on their lots. But, given their price point, I don't think so. If you are willing to go to a less well equipped car, then I think you can go a very good deal, much better than I got, when the economy was much better. Good luck.

No, I dont want an L. An L wouldnt fit in my garage. I would have to move some heavy cabinetry and really wouldnt have no place to put it

I would settle for an 09 with mark lev at close to INV but otherwise, I wont buy new and I will just use my 2cnd car and then take my time finding a good deal later on. I dont believe in rushing when you have so many Lexus delaerships in the nation. And I definitely wont settle for less options or color. One thing I have learned, there will always be another car.

Last edited by Mark_Nimda; 09-22-09 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-22-09, 09:45 PM
astrotoy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I misread your signature line. You had executive package written, and I thought you had the executive class, which only comes on the 460L.
Old 09-23-09, 11:28 AM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Originally Posted by astrotoy
Sorry, I misread your signature line. You had executive package written, and I thought you had the executive class, which only comes on the 460L.

I should change that. I think I have the ultra Lux. I know it was a Mark lev, nav, adv park assist, heated rear seats. Only options it doesnt have is a heated steering wheel, the distance cruise control power rear seats

I did find a few dealers who are selling at only $500 over INV (I think the economy is worse than we thought!) . They sent me full OTD Disclosure too so its no bs. And Lexus verified the color, option codes and dealer who has possession of the car when i gave them the VIN

Last edited by Mark_Nimda; 09-23-09 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-23-09, 11:38 AM
JWC6
Driver School Candidate

Leased a LS 460 for i believe $146 over invoice, 0.008 money factor. White exterior, tan interior, No ML but with XM Sat, heated steering, park assist, a few other options I don't recall. This was a 2 months ago when things were desperate.
Old 09-23-09, 09:45 PM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Originally Posted by JWC6
Leased a LS 460 for i believe $146 over invoice, 0.008 money factor. White exterior, tan interior, No ML but with XM Sat, heated steering, park assist, a few other options I don't recall. This was a 2 months ago when things were desperate.
apparently they arent moving well enough. But Aside from finding an INV + $500 Car, I found a local dealership selling new at 1% over INV and an 07 with 15,700 Miles on it and an '08 with 7200 miles, both white/tan and my preferred options, both in the mid 50's. I know the '08 is 100% clean, the other I go to look at tomorrow

Its a great time to buy an LS460, new or pre-owned

I actually have a full OTD Disclosure on the 09 at INV + $500 Price. I'll share the phone number of the dealership and girl who emailed me the full OTD Disclosure once I commit to the vehicle of my choice

Last edited by Mark_Nimda; 09-25-09 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-25-09, 07:25 PM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Ok, as promised once my deal was done, here is a Florida dealer offering a new '09 LS460 for near invoice. The near INVOICE Price offered to me was on the $72,300K MSRP Car. It has everything except lexus link and laser cruise control, maybe 1 or 2 others.

Girl I dealt with is Kelly. If You live far away it may be worth the plane fare and then very comfortable cruise back home in a beautiful car
Her cell is 813-405-6524. She has like 2 more. They may be gone this weekend
Old 09-25-09, 09:26 PM
LA Wheel
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is probably hidden dealer cash from Lexus so they're still making money.
Old 09-26-09, 10:17 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow..reading this I'm all excited about buying...anyone happen to know a good deal in houston or Dallas/FW area?
Old 09-27-09, 02:59 PM
DallasGX
Rookie

Originally Posted by randomwalk
wow..reading this I'm all excited about buying...anyone happen to know a good deal in houston or Dallas/FW area?
parkplace lexus Plano. internet guy Joel P.
good luck
Old 10-05-09, 02:26 PM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Originally Posted by LA Wheel
There is probably hidden dealer cash from Lexus so they're still making money.

oh, of course they are, even though there is no known dealer holdbacks, factory incentives, rebates etc. In fact, i looked at the actual LFS Invoice and it specifically states that the price may not be the actual dealer cost. Fortunately i'm not one of those guys who has to make sure that they are getting a car at true dealer cost. $64,850 for the 73K car is fine by me
Old 10-05-09, 02:52 PM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Originally Posted by DallasGX
parkplace lexus Plano. internet guy Joel P.
good luck
I have ordered parts from there for when I had my 01 LS430 and there were less expensive than other lexus dealerships
Old 10-05-09, 05:29 PM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edmunds.com is showing a $2,000 manufacturer to dealer incentive on remaining 2009 Short Wheel Base LS460's and $4,000 on LWB models. Last year the incentive increased to $6,000 in the last month of the year because sales were so sluggish. Whether or not this happens again this year depends on how well they managed their inventory levels given the slow sales activity.

Last edited by exBMWowner; 10-05-09 at 05:35 PM.