LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H
Old 12-16-14, 12:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

How do you guys Protect your Paint

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-09, 02:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

z2 can be a no-no on venture tape. it's abrasive, and it might damage the finish on venture
Old 10-05-09, 03:20 PM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
z2 can be a no-no on venture tape. it's abrasive, and it might damage the finish on venture
Oh yea, I was referring to the paint only.
Old 10-13-09, 09:09 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

For wax I only use Pinnacle Souveran. By far the best for dark colored vehicles. More so than Zaino or Nattys. Does not last as long as others but it is very easy to apply, no dry time, and smells good!

For front end, clear bra, but have not tried Venture as mentioned above. Need to look into that though real quick.

Someone recommend a good shop in the LA market for installation that believes in flawless execution without fail??
Old 10-14-09, 12:15 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Regularly use a high quality polish. I prefer Zaino Z-2.
+1, best products, use it on all my cars
Old 10-14-09, 01:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
For wax I only use Pinnacle Souveran. By far the best for dark colored vehicles. More so than Zaino or Nattys. Does not last as long as others but it is very easy to apply, no dry time, and smells good!

For front end, clear bra, but have not tried Venture as mentioned above. Need to look into that though real quick.

Someone recommend a good shop in the LA market for installation that believes in flawless execution without fail??
i have always gone to aerotect for clear bra on my last few cars, they have been great
Old 10-14-09, 08:31 AM
hapaj
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Ed at Spal Shield...Long time installer and is mobile. Has done my white LS perfectly. Full bumper, full hood, headlights, mirrors, and full fenders. He uses venture and a couple of other brands depending on application and is reasonably priced. Check him out for a quote...
Old 10-15-09, 08:31 AM
ls460love
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the average price point for this? I don't have it on my LS and luckily, my very distant driving has allowed the car to not suffer the consequences.
Old 10-15-09, 08:37 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls460love
What is the average price point for this? I don't have it on my LS and luckily, my very distant driving has allowed the car to not suffer the consequences.
My very fast driving does. Thanks for the tip Henry.
Old 10-15-09, 08:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by ls460love
clear bra? material plus install probably around 600? just a rough guess
Old 10-17-09, 04:28 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Thinking about doing this on our LS - Any reomendations for a shop that does this in the San Jose Bay Area?
Old 10-20-09, 06:01 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
clear bra? material plus install probably around 600? just a rough guess
Got a nice quote from them for my AMG. Dropping it off today. Thanks again Henry.
Old 10-20-09, 08:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Got a nice quote from them for my AMG. Dropping it off today. Thanks again Henry.
awesome lee, glad to help. when you are there say hi to francisco and jason for me they are some very cool guys. hope you like the results -- and i want to see your beast!
Old 10-20-09, 11:21 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

I purchased the "Cilajet" package from the dealership. Basically the dealership put a layer of clear-coat like product on exterior, and chemical spray the interior for waterproof/stainproof protection, and repeating this every 3(??) years.

I love the extra exterior coat because it eases the carwash jobs, allows exterior body tream pieces to stay black and easy to wax. Another big factor is a plus for lease owners, because the dealer will cover on dents, interior stains, and any tears inside the car.

Other then dealership's protection package, I am a big fan of clearbra. I will deeply regret if I see the first rockchip on the hood or bumper. There is just no matching paint quality that can meet Lexus's standard.

Joseph
Old 10-23-09, 10:52 AM
Premier Films
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by josephdoc
I purchased the "Cilajet" package from the dealership. Basically the dealership put a layer of clear-coat like product on exterior, and chemical spray the interior for waterproof/stainproof protection, and repeating this every 3(??) years.

I love the extra exterior coat because it eases the carwash jobs, allows exterior body tream pieces to stay black and easy to wax. Another big factor is a plus for lease owners, because the dealer will cover on dents, interior stains, and any tears inside the car.

Other then dealership's protection package, I am a big fan of clearbra. I will deeply regret if I see the first rockchip on the hood or bumper. There is just no matching paint quality that can meet Lexus's standard.

Joseph
Joseph,
You should bring it in and have our team clean up the film for you. I was told you had your car wrapped from head to toe by our team.
Old 11-15-09, 10:01 PM
chippern73
Rookie

The local Lexus dealer in Portland, Oregon suggests putting on a product like venture tape. They do it for modest fee, I think $500 dollars! Sounds like it is a good product.

Question: If it gets badly mared by flying rocks, etc., can it be removed and reapplied?

Chuck

Quick Reply: How do you guys Protect your Paint