LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

CCW Wheels on an LS

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-09, 10:56 PM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCW Wheels on an LS

I dont know if anyone on this forum knows of CCW Wheels. John (The owner) is extremey popular down here in FL especially when it comes to corvettes. He has street and track packages for many cars and a variety of finishes. Many years ago I bought one of his RoadCourse track packages for my Vette. (I have HRE 547's on my vette as a stret package)

I am thinking of getting one of his highly polished street packages on my LS. His packages are very very reasonable especially compared to Vossler or IFORGED. That's why he's very popular and he really backs up his product. He has made a few for the Lexus IS model and his partner Chip told me today that he can make any package for the LS as well.

Tell me your opinion of his wheel profiles. I think he has a couple that would like real nice on the LS and at a very reasonable price. Below is his link and below the link is his track package (which comes in black or highly polished clear) I bought for my vette

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelprofiles.php

Old 10-03-09, 07:21 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts

CCW wheels are beautiful wheels for a sports car and do not belong on a luxury car in my opinion.
Old 10-03-09, 08:07 AM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

ccw classic is a very nice lookin wheel in it's street form. it's all going to come down to execution imo. slapping a black face 16" in conservative sizing with some fatty bubble tires on stock height won't look as good as some nice fitting 18" high polished with low profiles and a decent drop, but even then it's subjective. quality is what's important.

*edit - i thought i was in the ls400 section. i wouldn't do it on a 460/600.
Old 10-03-09, 09:23 PM
B2001AS
Driver

I don't see any point putting CCW classic on an LS, since the largest size is 18".
IMO, you need bigger wheels. Check on CCW C14. I think it would look much better, plus the size is up to 20".
Old 10-03-09, 10:25 PM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
CCW wheels are beautiful wheels for a sports car and do not belong on a luxury car in my opinion.
ccw IS 3 HOURS AWAY FORM ME. I KNOW JOHN VERY WELL AND HAVE SEEN HIS BUSNESS GRO IN LEAPS AND BOUNGS TH PAST 10 YERAS.

You are corrcet in a sense but I think you are talking about the 5 spoke 505a's and the Classic Street package. CCW's SP20's and LM20 look very similar to BBS and after photochopping, they look very nice on the LS

To be honest I have seen some IFORGED Wheels on a few LS's that IMO look terrible on that kind of car. I've seen 22" wheels thay basiclly ruin the LS engineering and ride. I dont see the point of 22" wheels on an LS. But ofcourse, it always comes down to preference so there really is no right or wrong

I'm not looking for a mega agressive look. I have a corvette with HRE 547R's for that. I dont think the LS needs to look aggressiveAtleast thats not wht I bought it for, But I do want an improvemet over the hideous stock wheels. With me, the spoke configuration is key. Few spokes show too many brake componets which IMO are great for sports cars (as you say) but not for the LS. 18-20 spoke configurations are IMO nice for the LS and no bigger than a 19" wheel. But thats just me
Old 10-03-09, 10:31 PM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
ccw classic is a very nice lookin wheel in it's street form. it's all going to come down to execution imo. slapping a black face 16" in conservative sizing with some fatty bubble tires on stock height won't look as good as some nice fitting 18" high polished with low profiles and a decent drop, but even then it's subjective. quality is what's important.

*edit - i thought i was in the ls400 section. i wouldn't do it on a 460/600.

I agree, I dont like black wheels on a white LS460. I'd rather have a powder coated finish, a bright silver or even lip-polished/powder coated silver finish combination. I have been phtochoping BBS and CCW's on a white ls460. As I said above, the more the spokes te better it looks, especially BBS, But CCW has a couple of profiles that look similar to one of the BBS styles but at resonable prices. I dont buy for name alone. I buy for looks and the manufcaturer abiliy to back up his product. HRE's, for example, have a great reputaion for backing up thei product.

Many years ago IFORGED Screwed many people over. Just hop on corveteforum.com and you will hear about the nightmares. Hopefully they have got their act together. CCW, however has not had complaints. John (the owner) is a class act and you deal with him or his partner Chip directly. I had one of his track wheel packages hitting my vettes control arm and he made me new front wheels at no charge. He was even willng to replace the control arm but upon inspection, there really wasnt any damage. Thats what I look for when it comes to wheels

Last edited by Mark_Nimda; 10-03-09 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-04-09, 10:12 AM
B2001AS
Driver

I have dealt with John and Chip. All I can say is that both of them are a stand up business man.