LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Nav. override

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-10, 02:09 PM
OPSBD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G2Lexus
From the PS manual -

To go to Manual Mode...

1) Before starting the vehicle, press and hold the NAVI button.
2) Press "Start Engine" to "ACC" position while continuing to hold NAVI button.
3) Continue to hold down the NAVI button for an additional 7 seconds.

Follow the same instructions to go back to Auto mode.

For those who have a 2010 LS460 with ML both the NAV and TV buttons must be held for manual mode or the DVD will time out in 5 min.
Old 01-29-10, 05:13 AM
G2Lexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local car stereo shop installed mine for $75.00 while I had lunch next door. I'm pretty handy with the tools but this was a no-brainer.
Old 04-07-10, 12:47 PM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Just got mine installed last week. The folks at PS couldn't have been more accommodating! After my purchase on Friday PM, they "hand delivered" the kit to one of their local installers who has done 20+ LS's. (I live in SoCal)

On Saturday afternoon, drove an hour south. Install took only 45 min and I had it less than 24 hrs after my purchase!

Don't know how I survived w/o it.... a must have.
Old 04-11-10, 06:32 AM
matchead
Driver School Candidate

Default Prestigious Society, Inc. Navi Override

I recently installed their Navi override system in my 2007 LS460. Of course I had it installed because me, working on my vehicle with a screwdriver is an ugly thing. My installer charged me very little, because it was so easily installed. It works perfectly as promised.
Very pleased in Dallas, TX.
Mark
Old 04-12-10, 12:45 AM
shinboy
Driver School Candidate

I am planning to buy the override system and the Vaistech iPod integration system. Do any one know a good place to have them both install in the SF bay area?

TIA
Old 04-12-10, 08:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by shinboy
I am planning to buy the override system and the Vaistech iPod integration system. Do any one know a good place to have them both install in the SF bay area?

TIA
i can't recall but i remember they do have a shop recommendation in the bay area. you can email chung@prestigioussociety.com for the details maybe?
Old 04-13-10, 03:56 AM
shinboy
Driver School Candidate

I emailed Prestigious Society and they recommended a place called Cartronics in San Rafael. Any one have experience dealing with them?
Old 04-13-10, 11:26 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by shinboy
I emailed Prestigious Society and they recommended a place called Cartronics in San Rafael. Any one have experience dealing with them?
IMO, any installer PS recommends will do the job right!
Old 05-05-10, 08:19 AM
KDunavant
Driver School Candidate

I Ordered the Nav-Tool piece originally and after finding out about the PS piece I ordered it last week and I am going to try to return the Nav-Tool piece. I am glad to find a piece that allows you to use the factory DVD player. Mark @ PS was easy to deal with and even worked over the phone with my local stereo shop on ordering it.
Old 05-05-10, 11:42 AM
Strad6708
Rookie

Default iPod Video?

So, I know the override will allow me to use the navigation system while in motion and play DVDs while in motion, but will it allow me to play iPod videos while in motion? I am referring to a 2010 LS460 with ML Sound System. I haven't picked it up yet, so I'm actually not even sure if the USB iPod integration allows for just sound or sound and video. Anyone know?

Also, will I get in trouble for installing the override on a lease vehicle? Is there a way around this?

Thanks!
Old 05-05-10, 01:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Strad6708
So, I know the override will allow me to use the navigation system while in motion and play DVDs while in motion, but will it allow me to play iPod videos while in motion? I am referring to a 2010 LS460 with ML Sound System. I haven't picked it up yet, so I'm actually not even sure if the USB iPod integration allows for just sound or sound and video. Anyone know?

Also, will I get in trouble for installing the override on a lease vehicle? Is there a way around this?

Thanks!
there is no ipod integration with video for ls460 with ML. there is one for ls460 without ML. for ls460 with ML, you can only have ipod audio integration (sl2i-up)

the vml (usb) is only audio right now, there isn't even a video model yet

i have never had problems with the override in my ls460l and gs350 (both leased)
Old 05-05-10, 05:17 PM
pibob
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by Strad6708

Thanks!

You will not get in trouble. When you return the car remove the override and use it on your next Lexus.
I have had the PS override for 1 1/2 years now it works perfectly and I love it.
I just wish I could find and override for the Nav upgrade so i don't have to spend $250 for each new generation.
Old 05-07-10, 03:29 PM
KDunavant
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KDunavant
I Ordered the Nav-Tool piece originally and after finding out about the PS piece I ordered it last week and I am going to try to return the Nav-Tool piece. I am glad to find a piece that allows you to use the factory DVD player. Mark @ PS was easy to deal with and even worked over the phone with my local stereo shop on ordering it.
I received the piece and installed it. It works great and I would recommend to anyone with a Lexus.
Old 05-11-10, 03:52 PM
sellshomes
Pit Crew

Anyone know who could install a NAV override in my area?

Anywhere from Ft. Lauderdale to West Palm Beach is okay, or anywhere in between.
Old 05-11-10, 04:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

sent you some info

Quick Reply: Nav. override