LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Nav. override

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-09, 07:14 AM
Joe S
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav. override

Read on another post, that he had installed a Nav. override.
Is there a kit available? Have 2007 LS.
Thanks,
Joe
Old 11-17-09, 08:06 AM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw something on ebay that looks like it's plug n play but Im not vouching for it as I dont know anybody who has used it.
Old 11-17-09, 09:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yup, a lot of people here are using the override kit from prestigious society. shoot them an email at chung@prestigioussociety.com
Old 11-17-09, 12:03 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

I saw a mod kit on fleabay by DataSystem (real JDM??) @ $250 a few weeks ago. I am not sure if it will be 100% to meet your need but it has a similar look just like the kit by Prestigious.

I would recommend you to go with Prestigious' kit since it is tested by our buds here.
Old 11-17-09, 12:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i know there are quite a few kits and models going on ebay, so last thing you want is something that doesn't work 100% (which unfortunately happened to someone already, ended up getting from PS again and also with a "dead" kit)
Old 11-17-09, 08:12 PM
elsmooth
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As Rom suggested, check out prestigious society. I have it and works great. No issues
Old 11-18-09, 06:33 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, check out Prestigious Society's Override system. I've had one for two years -- never had a problem with it -- always works great. Anything you can do on the screen with the car standing still, you can do with the car moving.

I've helped several people it in the Dallas-Ft Worth, TX area install the override. Takes under an hour.

Good Luck.
Old 11-18-09, 09:21 PM
AceVA
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the prestigious society unit play well with the VAIS ipod kit? Is it something you need to "activate" every time you start the vehicle?

Thanks!
Old 11-18-09, 09:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yes every time you start the car the unit is default to no override. you need to press a button to override the system

the override unit works perfectly with vaistech, i am running both together. prestigious can get you info on vaistech too
Old 11-18-09, 10:04 PM
AceVA
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, rominl. I installed the vaistech a month or so ago - I suspect the PS installation would simply tie into the same harness -- just wanted to make sure there would be no conflicts.

Thank you again.
Old 11-18-09, 11:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

cool actually the override will access different harnesses behind the navigation units. i have installed a few. they compliment each other nicely
Old 11-22-09, 07:26 AM
MAB Cinci
Driver School Candidate

Default PS Nav override install problem

I am in the process of installing the PS Nav Override on a 2008 LS 460. I have two issues. I sent these to PS, but wanted to see if anyone here has seen this.

I have installed everything per the instructions but have two main issues :
1) The buttons/lights on the switch do not appear to work. No action or LEDs are lighting up. Consequently, it does not appear the override functions work.
2) When I started up the car after the installation the System Checks fails for VSC, Airbag, TPM, Parking Brake, etc.. I have uninstalled the nav unit and the Checks still fail. I have disconnected the battery and reconnect and it still fails.

Has anyone seen this?
Old 11-22-09, 08:52 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MAB Cinci
I am in the process of installing the PS Nav Override on a 2008 LS 460. I have two issues. I sent these to PS, but wanted to see if anyone here has seen this.

1) The buttons/lights on the switch do not appear to work. No action or LEDs are lighting up. Consequently, it does not appear the override functions work.
2) When I started up the car after the installation the System Checks fails for VSC, Airbag, TPM, Parking Brake, etc.. I have uninstalled the nav unit and the Checks still fail. I have disconnected the battery and reconnect and it still fails.

Has anyone seen this?
Haven't seen this on the PS kit. Mine went in perfectly and has worked flawlessly.

I DID see something similar in the Infiniti forum back when were cutting wires and installing switches. Some people reconnected the ground wire wrong (to fool the car into thinking it was parked with the parking brake on for video viewing), and they got similar warning lights.

I'd hazard a guess your unit is defective - probably has an internal short or something.

As for your car - when you disconnected the battery, did you leave it disconnected for 5 minutes or longer? It takes a few minutes for the computer to reset, so I'd leave the negative cable off for 15 minutes or so if it were mine. If that doesn't clear the lights, has driving the car since then reset them?

Hopefully, PS will get you straightened out.

Old 11-22-09, 06:15 PM
jgamze
Driver School Candidate

Pardon my asking, but what is Vaistech?
Old 11-22-09, 06:35 PM
MAB Cinci
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MAB Cinci

Has anyone seen this?
OK. Through some excellent customer service from Mark at PS and some trial and error I was able to get the unit to work. Somehow during the installation, I blew the fuse for the climate control. This caused the override unit to not have power and also the System Checks to fail. On the LS 460, this is fuse #3 on the passenger side (this took 45 mins to determine ;-). Once I replace the fuse and rewired everything, all seemed good to go on the first test drive.

The key indicator I missed that I should have noticed is that the climate control (temp, defrost, etc) were not working.

I hope this helps for future installers. I found the unit straightforward to install and works great. I think this is a quirk related to perhaps pulling the nav unit out too far when installing the override.

Quick Reply: Nav. override